News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Winter

Yeah I was talking about The Simpsons ride vehicle. It did not sound good. It sounded every bit it's age, so I understand, but the ride felt in poor shape. I was disappointed. It's not exactly an ancient attraction.
Yeah, after the ride got messed up, they allowed us to go back on immediatly and while it worked the whole time, the vehicle felt messed up, like the shaking and stuff was much more severe and I was half-expecting it to break again. This was last December and I haven't been at Universal since, so idk if it's any better now or not.

There's also the loud vibrations going on during the pre-show that sound like some big earthquake is happening outside, idk if that's supposed to happen or not, but if it's not, that's really strange it's doing that.

DarleneBurrows

Over 5 years. Which is a good bit longer than this project will take.

You should do your own research before you post misinformation.

Construnction began on Disneyland Shanghai 17th October 2013 (there was a small media event) and the park opened 16h June 2016.

So it's about 2 years 8 months from spade in ground to opening Shanghai Disneyland.

This one sole attraction is going to end up taking more time to build than an entire park!

peter11435

Construnction began on Disneyland Shanghai 17th October 2013 (there was a small media event) and the park opened 16h June 2016.

So it's about 2 years 8 months from spade in ground to opening Shanghai Disneyland.

This one sole attraction is going to end up taking more time to build than an entire park!
Your information is not accurate.

The date you are referring to is when vertical construction began on the park, this is well after actual major construction begins. Vertical construction for the Magic Kingdom Tron coaster has not begun yet. Spade to Ground as you refer to it began for shanghai Disneyland in 2011.

This one sole attraction will not take longer to build then that entire park.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Your information is not accurate.

The date you are referring to is when vertical construction began on the park, this is well after actual major construction begins. Vertical construction for the Magic Kingdom Tron coaster has not begun yet. Spade to Ground as you refer to it began for shanghai Disneyland in 2011.

This one sole attraction will not take longer to build then that entire park.
This is the same person who claims that the site work going on at the new Universal site is not actual construction work.

GlacierGlacier

Themed design is not the application of stuff. Painting some walls and gluing on new props doesn’t make TRON Lightcyle Power Run fit into the spatial experience of Tomorrowland; it will still be some noodly appendage dangling around back, disconnected from any notion of context and place.
"Space mountain will never fit in Tomorrowland. Seriously, it's just going to be this big cone sitting in the middle of a field past all the great tomorrow and attractions. So disconnected from everything."
"Splash Mountain will never fit in fronteirland. It's just going to sit between big thunder and the rest, just totally out of place, disconnected from everything."

"Tower of terror will never fit in Hollywood Studios. It's just so massive, sitting right in the middle of nowhere. It's totally disconnected from the sound-stage style of the rest of the park."

Honestly, you can put 60% of all major previous E-tickets in there. They've worked out.

Kman101

Yeah, after the ride got messed up, they allowed us to go back on immediatly and while it worked the whole time, the vehicle felt messed up, like the shaking and stuff was much more severe and I was half-expecting it to break again. This was last December and I haven't been at Universal since, so idk if it's any better now or not.

There's also the loud vibrations going on during the pre-show that sound like some big earthquake is happening outside, idk if that's supposed to happen or not, but if it's not, that's really strange it's doing that.

I remember all of that, but at least my ride didn't break down, lol. I truly was expecting it to though. (In all the years I've gone to the parks I've NEVER been evacuated off an attraction and I know now I just jinxed myself; rides have stopped but never evac). Don't know about the vibrations during the pre-show. Mine was about a year ago at this point (I just haven't gone back on Simpsons lol but I often skip a lot of things when I go), even though I've been to the park since. So I can't say if it's been fixed either. I guess it's just showing it's age. I usually don't pay much attention but it was so noticable.

lazyboy97o

"Space mountain will never fit in Tomorrowland. Seriously, it's just going to be this big cone sitting in the middle of a field past all the great tomorrow and attractions. So disconnected from everything."
"Splash Mountain will never fit in fronteirland. It's just going to sit between big thunder and the rest, just totally out of place, disconnected from everything."

"Tower of terror will never fit in Hollywood Studios. It's just so massive, sitting right in the middle of nowhere. It's totally disconnected from the sound-stage style of the rest of the park."

Honestly, you can put 60% of all major previous E-tickets in there. They've worked out.
You clearly don’t understand my point because none of your examples are in any way similar.

Last edited:

Incomudro

Agreed. I'll never make it to China. If they copied the Pirates ride from Shanghai and put it into DHS, I doubt anyone would complain. If they did, they would need their head examined. Heck, I could see finding a way to fit Mystic Manor into DHS or MK and again there would be no reason to complain. Unless it was to say, why not sooner? I just wish that they had put it into DHS instead.
My thoughts exactly.
When I see great attractions in other Disney locations, my thought is; "Why can't we have that here?"
What portion of Disney patrons travel to international locations?
Out of those, what portion have a problem with the same ride in two or more locations?

Skibum1970

My thoughts exactly.
When I see great attractions in other Disney locations, my thought is; "Why can't we have that here?"
What portion of Disney patrons travel to international locations?
Out of those, what portion have a problem with the same ride in two or more locations?

Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, It's A Small World, Pooh, Little Mermaid, Star Tours, etc... Disney never puts identical rides in parks.

Incomudro

Attractions/lands were designed for a certain park and aesthetic in mind. In the instance of Tron, the attraction fits the design and integrates into the entire SDL Tomorrowland. A simple copy/paste doesn't blend in with MK from multiple perspectives. Some people don't care, other's do.

Tron is a very fun ride, but some people think about much more than that. I would prefer they went into a different direction and this is coming from someone who rode it 5 times in one day.
Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, It's A Small World, Pooh, Little Mermaid, Star Tours, etc... Disney never puts identical rides in parks.

Exactly.
WDW was nearly a clone of Disneyland (save for some differences in castles, HM rides and Pirates rides - which are still essentially the same rides) when it debuted, and I don't believe anyone had a problem with that.

doctornick

homogenization is good for milk and corporate goals, not for worthwhile creative enterprise...
thus, such wholesale acceptance of clones is of great relief to those who consider attractions little more than consumer goods.

shall we propose that, due to size and properly conditioned attendees, wdw is no longer to receive unique attractions, and is to become an amalgam of offerings designed for other parks from throughout the world?

businesspeople-celebrating-the-agreement-with-champagne_1098-2175.jpg

the 'ayes' may have this one......
:cautious:
Pandora just opened last year. TSL just opened with two unique rides. The Mickey ride and GotG are currently under construction. A Mary Poppins ride is heavily rumored.

Plenty of unique things are being developed at WDW. It seems silly to imply that all that its getting are clones or that the parks are being "homogenized".

smile

Pandora just opened last year. TSL just opened with two unique rides. The Mickey ride and GotG are currently under construction. A Mary Poppins ride is heavily rumored.

Plenty of unique things are being developed at WDW. It seems silly to imply that all that its getting are clones or that the parks are being "homogenized".

yes - i didn't mean to insinuate attack of the clones or that clones are always evil*
- i'm wary of their wholesale acceptance, as i think we all should be

my proposal shouldn't ever happen, but why not if it doesn't matter? does it matter?

*the rat in france is as good as it is anywhere else, regardless of it having been built in the actual france first.

Last edited:

Awakening

Exactly.
WDW was nearly a clone of Disneyland (save for some differences in castles, HM rides and Pirates rides - which are still essentially the same rides) when it debuted, and I don't believe anyone had a problem with that.

Shhhhhh, don't tell the self-proclaimed "WDW History nuts" or they'll have to find a new reason to preach their unfounded distaste for the ride. (Or anything new, it seems)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom