News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

I’d disagree.... not for us at least.

I found it to be really clear.

Journey had the problem for me (I know one poster on here seemed deadset against it having any problems but I know what I saw with my own two eyes; I'm not picking on the ride; I love it) but that seems to have been corrected.

And Simpsons seemed dark and the vehicle in desperate need of a refurb, but that could have just been my own theater and not a case of the entire attraction needing some help.

Kman101

You wouldn’t have done.

So they seem to be throwing around the idea of replacing Fantasmic. Anything you can say on that front? Considering they never really updated it, it seems like a lot of things, they're either letting it die a slow death or they're just too cheap (probably a mix of both). It's an easy "look, we're updating it!" or "look, we're replacing it!" announcement, I know (meaning it's an easy update to continue pushing off until maybe plans change and they want to replace it).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I found it to be really clear.

Journey had the problem for me (I know one poster on here seemed deadset against it having any problems but I know what I saw with my own two eyes; I'm not picking on the ride; I love it) but that seems to have been corrected.

And Simpsons seemed dark and the vehicle in desperate need of a refurb, but that could have just been my own theater and not a case of the entire attraction needing some help.

Journey did go through a dark and blurred period before they installed the latest projectors. Thank god they didn’t follow through with 3D in Orlando! Simpsons can be dark if the bulbs need replacing. It’s a shame; when they’re new it’s vibrant.

So they seem to be throwing around the idea of replacing Fantasmic. Anything you can say on that front? Considering they never really updated it, it seems like a lot of things, they're either letting it die a slow death or they're just too cheap (probably a mix of both). It's an easy "look, we're updating it!" or "look, we're replacing it!" announcement, I know (meaning it's an easy update to continue pushing off until maybe plans change and they want to replace it).

It’s all gone quiet on that front. Still hoping for a wholesale upgrade, although in all fairness they’ve pretty much updated all the original tech now.

Kman101

Journey did go through a dark and blurred period before they installed the latest projectors. Thank god they didn’t follow through with 3D in Orlando! Simpsons can be dark if the bulbs need replacing. It’s a shame; when they’re new it’s vibrant.

It’s all gone quiet on that front. Still hoping for a wholesale upgrade, although in all fairness they’ve pretty much updated all the original tech now.

Thanks as always! I'm really happy we don't have 3D in Orlando. I couldn't take it, lol. The ride itself is enough for me :) I have a "heights thing" (can do Everest but can't walk up the stairs to the treehouse! Go figure -- but it's often mind over matter, but it's hard to live with what you know is an irrational fear) so it's already a thrill for me to get through it without dying. I jest but it actually adds a bit more of a thrill, oddly. I'm glad I wasn't crazy thinking it needed some help about a year ago or so.

The Simpsons thing makes sense when you explain it. It sounds like that could have been the problem. It just felt dark but the quality wasn't bad or anything. It just made the whole experience feel a bit "run down" (this was before they replaced the banners outside last year so maybe some other work was put in?). Plus I'm sure motion simulator vehicles need a lot of work. It just stood out to me as "this could stop working at anytime!" but it's probably just showing it's ultimate age. It just really threw me at the time, but I still loved it. I'm surprised they haven't talked about ultimately moving Despicable Me here when Simpsons has it's end (whenever that should be; I can't imagine it being here in 20 years but who knows?)

Thanks for the Fantasmic scoop. Seems like another thing that could be up in the air depending on what they ultimately decide on. It's something they can keep dragging out but the reality is they can't (the patchwork stuff needs to stop; invest fully at the time - hi, Space Mountain). So should be interesting what choice they make. Would I be wrong in thinking mgmt locally would love to get rid of it?

tissandtully

I also found Simpsons to be fairly dark every time I've been on it.

tissandtully

Understood. Like I said, I did go in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Funnily we also got a ride stop (and the screens froze) right after the dialogue says "everyone freeze" or words to that effect. Made us chuckle.

Perhaps I found it a nice blend of fixed simulator and screen. How I’ll feel about the same format for something faster and more furious I don’t know.
I just found Kong way too short after that amazing queue and outside theming, was like, it's over already? It is fun though.

Daveeeeed

That seems odd anyway since a big selling point for Tron is the canopy and having the outdoor portion provide kinetic energy in the land. Isolating and hiding the ride devalues that.

It'll be somewhat to the side, sure, but it seems to me that the ride will be close to if not over part of the Speedway which will provide some nice views while riding that. And over the train berm -- even if the train is covered right under Tron, you should still be able to view Tron as you approach on the RR. And the canopy definitely goes over the walkway between TL and the Circus
My point still stands. The entire Tomorrowland in shanghai is curvy and has different levels and has the same lighting timed with TRON. There are not really any straight lines in Shanghai. WDW’s Tomorrowand will never have that level of connection. It’s like Radiator Springs Racers without the rest of Cars Land except even more so. It will still be an amazing ride without question, but it will never be as good in relation with the land.

Timothy_Q

My point still stands. The entire Tomorrowland in shanghai is curvy and has different levels and has the same lighting timed with TRON. There are not really any straight lines in Shanghai. WDW’s Tomorrowand will never have that level of connection. It’s like Radiator Springs Racers without the rest of Cars Land except even more so. It will still be an amazing ride without question, but it will never be as good in relation with the land.
It would be perfect if they added design elements inspired by the Tron canopy in a couple places around the land

Replace the 94 elements with Tron elements

Kman101

It would be perfect if they added design elements inspired by the Tron canopy in a couple places around the land

Replace the 94 elements with Tron elements

I believe Martin has said to expect more old school Tomorrowland, so to speak. So let's hope. I imagine they know they have to 'make Tron fit' and I'd rather have a clean look than the mess we have now. I think the main entrance is best at night but it's time for it to go.

I guess what they've been doing has been towards that overall new look (Carousel of Progress sign and paint job, the wall inspired by the peoplemover barrier, I guess the purple wall, the white by Monster's Inc.). The purple rocks. It still seems to be a mess but they clearly, lol, aren't finished so we'll see if they can pull it all together.

huwar18

I believe Martin has said to expect more old school Tomorrowland, so to speak. So let's hope. I imagine they know they have to 'make Tron fit' and I'd rather have a clean look than the mess we have now. I think the main entrance is best at night but it's time for it to go.

I guess what they've been doing has been towards that overall new look (Carousel of Progress sign and paint job, the wall inspired by the peoplemover barrier, I guess the purple wall, the white by Monster's Inc.). The purple rocks. It still seems to be a mess but they clearly, lol, aren't finished so we'll see if they can pull it all together.

Disney is moving like I do on home projects. Ehh...We started it strong. Now, we work on it a little here and there :p I can't to see the land in the end. I am hoping that it cleans up the area some. When we were there last week, Tomorrow Land just looked dirty. We barely spent any time there. However, we always have to go to ride the peoplemover at least twice.

MTBaymax

7CFB11F6-85C9-4219-96CF-BD9F6D801EC2.jpeg

This is new.

Winter

Thanks as always! I'm really happy we don't have 3D in Orlando. I couldn't take it, lol. The ride itself is enough for me :) I have a "heights thing" (can do Everest but can't walk up the stairs to the treehouse! Go figure -- but it's often mind over matter, but it's hard to live with what you know is an irrational fear) so it's already a thrill for me to get through it without dying. I jest but it actually adds a bit more of a thrill, oddly. I'm glad I wasn't crazy thinking it needed some help about a year ago or so.

The Simpsons thing makes sense when you explain it. It sounds like that could have been the problem. It just felt dark but the quality wasn't bad or anything. It just made the whole experience feel a bit "run down" (this was before they replaced the banners outside last year so maybe some other work was put in?). Plus I'm sure motion simulator vehicles need a lot of work. It just stood out to me as "this could stop working at anytime!" but it's probably just showing it's ultimate age. It just really threw me at the time, but I still loved it. I'm surprised they haven't talked about ultimately moving Despicable Me here when Simpsons has it's end (whenever that should be; I can't imagine it being here in 20 years but who knows?)

Thanks for the Fantasmic scoop. Seems like another thing that could be up in the air depending on what they ultimately decide on. It's something they can keep dragging out but the reality is they can't (the patchwork stuff needs to stop; invest fully at the time - hi, Space Mountain). So should be interesting what choice they make. Would I be wrong in thinking mgmt locally would love to get rid of it?
The ride vehicle (assuming you were talking about the simpsons ride when you said "this could stop working at anytime") actually did stop working one time when I was on it, lol. It made some bigger than usual vibration/simulator move and then stopped moving entirely. The people working on the ride were manually able to bring it back down though.

But yeah, either way, The Simpsons ride really needs a refurbishment.

Kman101

Disney is moving like I do on home projects. Ehh...We started it strong. Now, we work on it a little here and there :p I can't to see the land in the end. I am hoping that it cleans up the area some. When we were there last week, Tomorrow Land just looked dirty. We barely spent any time there. However, we always have to go to ride the peoplemover at least twice.

lol! Me too. I guess I can't judge :p

The area does need a clean up. I know it's not likely or probably possible but it's not really pleasant seeing the line for Astro and PeopleMover stretch all over the Lunching Pad. Or that godawful stage.

Paint's nice but there's other things to do too but I doubt they see them as I do. Mine are more 'wants' not 'needs', I suppose. lol. I really can't believe that stage was greenlit and built.

I want more Joffrey's Kiosk designs and less tacky, which the stage and some of the paint colors are. It still looks like a darn mess. I miss the days of projects being completed at once, not piece-mealed together over years and years.

Kman101

The ride vehicle (assuming you were talking about the simpsons ride when you said "this could stop working at anytime") actually did stop working one time when I was on it, lol. It made some bigger than usual vibration/simulator move and then stopped moving entirely. The people working on the ride were manually able to bring it back down though.

But yeah, either way, The Simpsons ride really needs a refurbishment.

Yeah I was talking about The Simpsons ride vehicle. It did not sound good. It sounded every bit it's age, so I understand, but the ride felt in poor shape. I was disappointed. It's not exactly an ancient attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom