Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Phroobar

Well, Thrawn is cannon now. He's gotten new books and a reoccurring role on Rebels. It's too bad they don't use him. He could put Kylo Ren in his place with subtle manipulation.

ppete1975

No!!! She dies too now?? When did they change the story? I do not approve of this and it is too similar to R1's ending of having both main leads die off. I hope this is a false rumor or a joke. The original ending before they apparently started messing it up now went something like
Rey lives, leaving her character open for future trilogies. So does Finn. It is assumed they are a true couple by E9's ending.
Kylo eventually turns to the light at the end, or is in the process of turning, but before he can redeem himself or prove anything to the Resistence, Hux somehow murders him suddenly (not specified how)
I was joking 😊 Basically because disney owns marvel and star wars and the ending to avengers and antman were people turning to dust. Im pretty sure the anger would not be good

Phroobar

It’s been awhile...but thrawn died in 1994...I do believe
Maybe In legends but in canon, he was the main bad guy in the last season of Rebels. The book Thrawn Alliances comes out soon. The first third of the book is about Thrawn and Anakin visiting Baatu to find out where Padme was. There is even a poster of Padme on Baatu included in the book.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe In legends but in canon, he was the main bad guy in the last season of Rebels. The book Thrawn Alliances comes out soon. The first third of the book is about Thrawn and Anakin visiting Baatu to find out where Padme was. There is even a poster of Padme on Baatu included in the book.

Yeah...but on the timeline he would have died much later...during the forever lost period after return of the jedi...

The boss sung a song about that.

erasure fan1

So how about the rumor that ep9 could be split into a part 1 and 2 scenario? Personally I would say this is very unlikely. Of course everything else has been fly by the seat of your pants, so who knows. I personally wouldn't want that. Just make it a 2 3/4 or 3hr movie if you need to but keep it one movie.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So how about the rumor that ep9 could be split into a part 1 and 2 scenario? Personally I would say this is very unlikely. Of course everything else has been fly by the seat of your pants, so who knows. I personally wouldn't want that. Just make it a 2 3/4 or 3hr movie if you need to but keep it one movie.

I don’t think they have a movie other than a prolonged episode of Girls...

The rest has deadended/flatlined.

I thought I saw somewhere that they were bringing billy dee Williams back?

Must have been hallucinating though...can’t be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You are correct....assuming you heard it before you trip to the sweat lodge.;)

Smoke em peacepipe...

But seriously? Billy dee is 81 years old...what in the hell?

Sage old ally? Or another red flag that they have nothing to use and grasping at straws.

So you:
1. Kill ford...so he can get paid and not be bothered.
2. Let whatever was left of Carrie Fisher SURVIVE...not to survive and become pointless. (Check the toxicology report)
3.rewrite hamill to the point he engages in a press tour guerilla war against the diredtor
4. Call in anyone left

Please...tell me where I’m wrong, master?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Smoke em peacepipe...

Sage old ally? Or another red flag that they have nothing to use and grasping at straws.

So you:
2. Let whatever was left of Carrie Fisher SURVIVE...not to survive and become pointless. (Check the toxicology report)
3.rewrite hamill to the point he engages in a press tour guerilla war against the diredtor
4. Call in anyone left

No clue. Doing my best to stay somewhat spoiler free and quite honestly, I could care less about the behind the scenes drama.

Phroobar

Yeah...but on the timeline he would have died much later...during the forever lost period after return of the jedi...

The boss sung a song about that.
I prefer that he was killed off by a Nograi instead of taken away by Bridger and Space Whales too. The Thrawn trilogy was a great read. It is what we should have gotten instead of the adventures of Rey & Finn.

Finn better die sometime during Episode 9.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I prefer that he was killed off by a Nograi instead of taken away by Bridger and Space Whales too. The Thrawn trilogy was a great read. It is what we should have gotten instead of the adventures of Rey & Finn.

Finn better die sometime during Episode 9.
You know...when I read those books, I thought they were decent, but too safe. Same old characters as if we were back in the 80’s...

Now I’d give anything to have had lucas make them in 1999 before it was too late.

The Star Wars Story decisions are on a whole new level of head scratchers now.

The sequel trilogy is definitely in the Star Trek: generations ilk now...

It was all a great idea...until it’s on film and you can’t go back.

tk924

Smoke em peacepipe...

So you:
4. Call in anyone left

Bringing in even more legacy characters smells of desperation, IMHO. Obviously these new, younger characters can't carry these films on their own so they have to keep bringing in legacy characters. I mean, I do want to see Luke, not Jake, Skywalker on screen again but TLJ butchered the character. Even Hamill didn't like Luke's story.
Ford, great actor. Love most of his movies, but he wanted Solo dead in ESB. Finally got his wish in TFA. Don't have to hear him b******g about SW anymore.
Fisher is the most tragic of these characters. Sad to see her gone. I don't know what these supposed unused scenes will do for Leia. Time will tell.
But Williams' Lando? Guess they'll kill him off too just like the others. Maybe not. But probably.

I'm not really looking forward to Ep 9. I definitely will not spend one penny of my own money to see Ep 9, but I will get to see it at some point. (maybe via gift cards)
My hope is that somehow JJ can mostly erase the events from TLJ and wrap the Skywalker(?) saga, or whomever's saga this is supposed to be, up nicely. But I just don't see it happening. My expectations could not get any lower.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bringing in even more legacy characters smells of desperation, IMHO. Obviously these new, younger characters can't carry these films on their own so they have to keep bringing in legacy characters. I mean, I do want to see Luke, not Jake, Skywalker on screen again but TLJ butchered the character. Even Hamill didn't like Luke's story.
Ford, great actor. Love most of his movies, but he wanted Solo dead in ESB. Finally got his wish in TFA. Don't have to hear him b******g about SW anymore.
Fisher is the most tragic of these characters. Sad to see her gone. I don't know what these supposed unused scenes will do for Leia. Time will tell.
But Williams' Lando? Guess they'll kill him off too just like the others. Maybe not. But probably.

I'm not really looking forward to Ep 9. I definitely will not spend one penny of my own money to see Ep 9, but I will get to see it at some point. (maybe via gift cards)
My hope is that somehow JJ can mostly erase the events from TLJ and wrap the Skywalker(?) saga, or whomever's saga this is supposed to be, up nicely. But I just don't see it happening. My expectations could not get any lower.

We agree...that’s not gonna shock you.

As far as Abrams goes...he did a reboot...he did new characters with “mystery”....

And then he was executive producer on the Johnson mess...he and Kennedy LET IT HAPPEN. Nothing was stopping them from
Canning him like the standalones that work much better in the Star Wars genre. There’s some kind of palpatine like plan behind the sequels.

And now...poor JJ (who like ford seems to be ok with the money and that’s enough) has to figure out how to reverse his vague setup 7 and deconstruction in 8. Right...Rey’s nothing, snokes nothing, the jedi are nothing, the republic is nothing...and let’s kill akbar
...that’s my 20 word synopsis.

In retrospect...they should have had one big she bang episode 7 where the war exploded and they could have killed all 3...that would have been a better effort to wipe the slate.

But...it turns out we old koots with the money and from a more optimistic generation like these old characters, and ships, and exhuberance...and innocence. It was worth saving...so they tried to ease us out of it instead of embracing it. Now here we are.

It’s totally counterintuitive...but nobody in Hollywood gets Star Wars at all. In the end lucas didn’t...Kennedy and Abrams doesn’t. My last hope is that somebody at Disney does.

Maybe James Cameron can take it over? Bring speilberg in?

Sadly - I’m serious.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom