News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

rle4lunch

I’d disagree.... not for us at least.

To be fair, we only rode it once, so I could've missed some enjoyment somewhere. The ride did get stuck as well on one scene, which didn't add to the immersion factor. The resounding feeling of our group when we got off it was 'meh'.. Felt like kind of a wasted opportunity for more practical effects. I was pretty pumped by the queue, then let down by the ride. oh well. I wouldn't feel compelled to ride it again if there was a line longer than 10-15 minutes for it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To be fair, we only rode it once, so I could've missed some enjoyment somewhere. The ride did get stuck as well on one scene, which didn't add to the immersion factor. The resounding feeling of our group when we got off it was 'meh'.. Felt like kind of a wasted opportunity for more practical effects. I was pretty pumped by the queue, then let down by the ride. oh well. I wouldn't feel compelled to ride it again if there was a line longer than 10-15 minutes for it.
Understood. Like I said, I did go in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Funnily we also got a ride stop (and the screens froze) right after the dialogue says "everyone freeze" or words to that effect. Made us chuckle.

Perhaps I found it a nice blend of fixed simulator and screen. How I’ll feel about the same format for something faster and more furious I don’t know.

briangaw

Understood. Like I said, I did go in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Funnily we also got a ride stop (and the screens froze) right after the dialogue says "everyone freeze" or words to that effect. Made us chuckle.

Perhaps I found it a nice blend of fixed simulator and screen. How I’ll feel about the same format for something faster and more furious I don’t know.

I would agree that Kong was actually a nice blend of screens, but it has a huge fatal flaw based on where you sit. If you are on the end seats by the door for a row you can see the top of the screen edge especially in the final projection scene and it isn't even like you have to strain to see it. It is completely in view which destroys the effect. If you are more central in the row I think the experience is far better. As to why there wasn't just a bit more screen or it wasn't wrapped over the vehicle does amaze me.

Daveeeeed

Tron was originally planned for DHS. Tomorrowland (and the speedway) were already planned for a refurb. So the money was available. They all would have happened anyway.

I know I’m in the minority about this but that’s what makes message boards so diverse.
I agree specifically because of how well TRON is part of Tomorrowland in Shanghai. It doesn’t seem to be nearly as well intertwined for WDW, and instead, it is sort of it’s own thing.

Still, it’s going to be nice to have a new E-ticket at the MK.

GlacierGlacier

I think that Tron and SM next to each other might be a good thing. It's like you take your kids on SM to show them what you grew up with and then you go on Tron together to create new memories. It's a perfect strategy from Disney.
It's not like Disney hasn't put similar categories of rides next to each other. Heck, old Fantasyland had similar bus-bar dark rides squished next to each other for the longest time. I think these two will be different enough.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think that Tron and SM next to each other might be a good thing. It's like you take your kids on SM to show them what you grew up with and then you go on Tron together to create new memories. It's a perfect strategy from Disney.

Ehhh... that's a big stretch. That sounds more like a marketing campaign, to be honest. In other words, expect to see that in 2021 and beyond - "Tron Light Cycles - Creating MORE MAGICAL!!! MEMORIES for generations!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom