World Of Color Refurbishment

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Totally fair. I’m just letting you know exactly what the cast has been told by management. All of them were already made free to audition for any holiday shows at the resort that would interfere with them performing in PTN. Things are always subject to change though, but they haven’t ran a parade yet with guest and the booths up on parade route.

I don't know why people think logistically it'll be an issue running the parade with the booths. As posters have already indicated they already run practice of some parade performances overnight passed the booths now. So obviously there is plenty of space for the floats to pass.

The booths close at 8pm normally anyways. So there isn't fear of losing revenue as all transactions would have stopped already. Which means guests also wouldn't be lined up in front of the booths.

And just like when the parade was in DL they can rope off the area in front of the booths as a guest no-go area. And you post a couple CMs there to make sure guests don't try to sneak in there for a better seat.

So again I don't see any reason why they can't or, now at this point with no WoC, shouldn't run PtN during the holidays.

And if it really is an issue for whatever reason, well then they can always run it back at DL again.

My hunch is that if the cast was told anything it was that PtN is likely going to weekends only. So if you want to audition for other holiday shows to fill out your schedule go for it.

RescueTheDay

I don't know why people think logistically it'll be an issue running the parade with the booths. As posters have already indicated they already run practice of some parade performances overnight passed the booths now. So obviously there is plenty of space for the floats to pass.

The booths close at 8pm normally anyways. So there isn't fear of losing revenue as all transactions would have stopped already. Which means guests also wouldn't be lined up in front of the booths.

And just like when the parade was in DL they can rope off the area in front of the booths as a guest no-go area. And you post a couple CMs there to make sure guests don't try to sneak in there for a better seat.

So again I don't see any reason why they can't or, now at this point with no WoC, shouldn't run PtN during the holidays.

And if it really is an issue for whatever reason, well then they can always run it back at DL again.

My hunch is that if the cast was told anything it was that PtN is likely going to weekends only. So if you want to audition for other holiday shows to fill out your schedule go for it.

They have done a few overnights with the cast and booths up. Doesn’t mean they will or won’t do it with guest.

That hunch would be incorrect. I promise you the cast was given an end date in November. New grids for Christmas have already been given out that has taken some of the performers away from PTN. They can always end up going back on their word though because of the possible lack of WOC. At the current time though PTN will end at or around the same time as Pixar Play Parace.

TTA94

No I insiders have chimmed in, not just here but elsewhere, regarding PTN after Pixar Fest, so when Insiders do not respond to rumors that usually means one of two things, either there is beyond no truth to it and they are just shaking their heads, chuckling in disbelief of the fake made up fan rumors and can not even bring themselves to responding lol... or there is actually truth to it but their lips are sealed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They have done a few overnights with the cast and booths up. Doesn’t mean they will or won’t do it with guest.

What it does mean is that logistically it is possible to run a parade with the booths up. As parades have been running for decades at DL with several similar choke points and it runs just fine with guests and all.

That hunch would be incorrect. I promise you the cast was given an end date in November. New grids for Christmas have already been given out that has taken some of the performers away from PTN. They can always end up going back on their word though because of the possible lack of WOC. At the current time though PTN will end at or around the same time as Pixar Play Parace.

My hunch is based on information we have today, not something from November. A lot of things have changed since November, that was over 8 months ago. So if they haven't already cast is likely getting updated soon on holiday changes because of WoC issues.

As anyone in the entertainment world will tell you, anything can happen but the show must go on. The plan might have been that PtN would go dark during the holiday and return in spring. But with WoC being down until possibly Jan/Feb, maybe longer, there is no way they could have planned plan for that 8 months ago. So its not going back on their word, its a schedule change based on a technical issue. Something that is very common in the entertainment world.

So one of a couple things could happen -

1. WoC will be back running sooner than we think. Not very likely given the rumors of having to drain the lake and order customized parts which will take months.
2. PtN will continue running through the holidays even if its only on weekends. Most likely because its already in place and already trained cast. It could even move over to DL itself and run there again, but I think that is less likely.
3. Bring something else in, and I hate to say it because it needs to just retire permanently, but something like MSEP could be used since its not a very complicated parade to run.
4. No nighttime entertainment. I give this a less than 1% chance of happening.

Anyways we'll see how it plays out, but I'm not going to be surprised one bit if PtN continues beyond September 3rd. And we'll soon find out because the calendar will be updated beyond September 3rd here in the next week or so.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No I insiders have chimmed in, not just here but elsewhere, regarding PTN after Pixar Fest, so when Insiders do not respond to rumors that usually means one of two things, either there is beyond no truth to it and they are just shaking their heads, chuckling in disbelief of the fake made up fan rumors and can not even bring themselves to responding lol... or there is actually truth to it but their lips are sealed.

Actually @GiveMeTheMusic has chimed in several times providing hints and bits of information.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Paint The Night is coming back to DL. :p

giphy.gif

;):p:cool:

RescueTheDay

What it does mean is that logistically it is possible to run a parade with the booths up. As parades have been running for decades at DL with several similar choke points and it runs just fine with guests and all.

My hunch is based on information we have today, not something from November. A lot of things have changed since November, that was over 8 months ago. So if they haven't already cast is likely getting updated soon on holiday changes because of WoC issues.

As anyone in the entertainment world will tell you, anything can happen but the show must go on. The plan might have been that PtN would go dark during the holiday and return in spring. But with WoC being down until possibly Jan/Feb, maybe longer, there is no way they could have planned plan for that 8 months ago. So its not going back on their word, its a schedule change based on a technical issue. Something that is very common in the entertainment world.

So one of a couple things could happen -

1. WoC will be back running sooner than we think. Not very likely given the rumors of having to drain the lake and order customized parts which will take months.
2. PtN will continue running through the holidays even if its only on weekends. Most likely because its already in place and already trained cast. It could even move over to DL itself and run there again, but I think that is less likely.
3. Bring something else in, and I hate to say it because it needs to just retire permanently, but something like MSEP could be used since its not a very complicated parade to run.
4. No nighttime entertainment. I give this a less than 1% chance of happening.

Anyways we'll see how it plays out, but I'm not going to be surprised one bit if PtN continues beyond September 3rd. And we'll soon find out because the calendar will be updated beyond September 3rd here in the next week or so.

I wasn’t saying this information was from back in November, but that this run would end in November. The cast was told this information about three weeks ago when they realized WOC wouldn’t be up for summer. Originally PTN was going to go down to weekends after summer, but will stay up 7 days a week now.

As I said though things can always change, but expect there to be new auditions posted if they do as they’ve lost some of their cast for the holidays.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wasn’t saying this information was from back in November, but that this run would end in November. The cast was told this information about three weeks ago when they realized WOC wouldn’t be up for summer. Originally PTN was going to go down to weekends after summer, but will stay up 7 days a week now.

As I said though things can always change, but expect there to be new auditions posted if they do as they’ve lost some of their cast for the holidays.

Thank you for clarifying.

However my opinion still hasn't changed. What this tells me is that as of three weeks ago they anticipated WoC back up by November. However as things changed from even three weeks ago so will the schedule for PtN. WoC is a complete mess right now. They'll be lucky to get WoC back up by Jan/Feb if the rumored issues are true.

RescueTheDay

Thank you for clarifying.

However my opinion still hasn't changed. What this tells me is that as of three weeks ago they anticipated WoC back up by November. However as things changed from even three weeks ago so will the schedule for PtN. WoC is a complete mess right now. They'll be lucky to get WoC back up by Jan/Feb if the rumored issues are true.

Highly possible.

We should know pretty soon as they’ll have to hold auditions to fill the cast out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I would hope all that downtime will also involve them building an electrical room that isn't under a lagoon of water.

That would require redoing the whole thing, so not very likely. They've been running it this way since it was built 2009 and debuted in 2010 without real issue. Its was a fluke issue. However I would hope that this would get them to take preventive measures like ordering doubles of the custom parts for spares. If it wasn't for the custom parts I'd think it would be up a lot sooner.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If it's already going to be down until 2019, just take the time and future proof the damn thing. No more half measures.

You’re talking about spending millions and millions of dollars to redesign the whole system for something that has literally only happened once in the last decade. It’s not like this thing floods every week, otherwise I would agree with you. But I just can’t see spending that amount of money at this point. Also it took 18 months to build the system in the first place. So would probably take 12-18 to tear apart and redesign it. Which means if they did that, would likely mean no Woc until 2020. Probably something they don’t want.

dlr74

WOC is slated to return for the holiday season in November which is presumably why the parade cast was told that PTN won’t be running past November. Of course things can always change if WOC gets behind schedule again.

Regarding the festival booths along the parade route, I’m not so much concerned about those impacting guest flow.. I’m more concerned about how guests will be directed to bypass the parade once Bugs Land closes. PTN was originally going to end on September 4th with Pixar Fest, but now that WOC is still down, we’re going to see PTN stick around while Bugs Land closes. It’s gonna be a huge issue for guest flow

Ismael Flores

WOC is slated to return for the holiday season in November which is presumably why the parade cast was told that PTN won’t be running past November. Of course things can always change if WOC gets behind schedule again.

Regarding the festival booths along the parade route, I’m not so much concerned about those impacting guest flow.. I’m more concerned about how guests will be directed to bypass the parade once Bugs Land closes. PTN was originally going to end on September 4th with Pixar Fest, but now that WOC is still down, we’re going to see PTN stick around while Bugs Land closes. It’s gonna be a huge issue for guest flow

they could always send guests through Carsland and then through backstage doors that lead to timon lot then back on stage by the trolley stop next to GOTGMB if things get bad

of course that is if the construction in bugsland area allows. could be they are going to also demolish the carsland to bugsland path as well to reconfigure it

Last edited:

TP2000

More delays coming:

Oh, dear. I love to blame Paul Pressler as much as the next Disney fan over 60, but really???

They dug up the lagoon and built World of Color in 2009-2010 when they were spending a Billion to fix DCA. So how is that Paul Pressler’s fault from 1999?!? This would seem to be Jay Rasulo and Ed Grier’s fault if they cheaped out on something.

And what exactly did they cheap out on with DTD that they are having to fix now? They are bulldozing half of that mall, and updating what survives to get it ready for 2018-2023 hipsters. What the heck does any of that have to do with DTD planning circa 1999? Did Pressler only move the headstones and leave the bodies in the graves?

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

If WOC doesn't run during the Holidays, and crowd control is an issue with the food and wine booths can they be relocated?
Are the viewing sections for WOC wide enough to put the booths in these areas?

maybe they can turn the whole paradise park viewing area into the food and wine main hub area. might even bring more people to view the shows they do there. but instead of having the shows play on top of the fountain area they can actually use the retractable stage

Last edited:

TP2000

If WOC doesnt run during the Holidays, and crowd control is an issue with the food and wine booths can they be relocated?
are the virwing sections for WOC wide enough to put the booths in thise areas?

maybe they can turn the whole paradise park viewing area into the food and wine main hub area. might even bring more people to biew the shows they do there. but instead of having the shows play on top of the fountain area they can actually use the retractable stage

Brilliant idea!

Meanwhile, at TDA, they are busy tweeting about Salt&Straw and pretending Star Wars Land will be completely manageable 10 months from now. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom