World Of Color Refurbishment

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So....back on the World of Color topic, it's a shame to read that some if not all of this disaster could've potentially been avoided by simply doing things the right way and by not cutting corners to pinch some pennies.

I'm just curious, how is the current issues with WoC due to them cutting corners and not doing it the right way? I keep coming back to it ran for almost 10 years without this issue happening. If it was leaking for the last decade and they didn't do anything about it, sure I'd call them cheap and cutting corners. But that doesn't appear to be the case here, its a fluke issue that happened. The support structure for the middle platform broke and crashed into the airtight electrical locker below it causing it to flood and destroy custom parts. So again I ask how it that caused by them being cheap, cutting corners, and not doing it the right way? Koeing while a good Disney historian is also a sensationalist trying to elicit a certain reaction from his fanbase.

The only thing I'd call them out for being cheap on in this issue is they should have had backup custom parts made a long time ago. If they had them on hand the show would likely be up and running by now.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Not surprised people in Hollywood are supporting a man who makes pedophiliac comments. Have we learned nothing about the scumbags in the industry from last year? The business is full of rapists and pedophiles so it's no shock to see them defend their own kind. James Gunn was in his 40's when he made these comments. I'm not necessarily saying he should never have a job in Hollywood again, as far as film directing goes he is talented, but he does not belong with Disney and I wouldn't be supporting his projects.

Yep, another reason to tear down Mission: Botch Job.

TTA94

PTN is all about DCA, every single float in the parade speaks directly to a major ride, Land, or exhibit in DCA, most of which don’t exist inside Disneyland next door.

A night parade may return to Disneyland much later in the 2020’s after they get a handle on Star Wars and New Toontown crowds, but PTN isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Once they fix the WOC situation by early 2019, PTN will likely go seasonal at DCA as a summer and holiday weekend offering just like the MSEP was for 25 years at Disneyland.

So PTN should stay running through fall and the holiday season, possibly Weekends only, until WoC returns in early 2019? Then we won’t see PTN again until summer 2019?

I assume those rumors of MSEP returning in 2019 were false and it’s never coming back?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So PTN should stay running through fall and the holiday season, possibly Weekends only, until WoC returns in early 2019? Then we won’t see PTN again until summer 2019?
I would say thats a good bet based on what we know today. Things could change even more, but we'll see what happens.

I assume those rumors of MSEP returning in 2019 were false and it’s never coming back?

I wish people would just let this thing die. MSEP should never come back at this point, that is just my opinion not based on any information.

mikenatcity1

Looking at dining reservations, it's running nightly through most of September so far. It seems to have taken the place of World of Color, at least until it's up again...

GiveMeTheMusic

It is impossible to stress this enough. Disneyland Park cannot successfully host a nighttime parade anymore from an operational standpoint. The 60th experiment was a failure. That's why PTN is at DCA now. PTN will take breaks and be on and off, but it's DCA's now. MSEP is not coming back to DL in 2019. Or likely ever. But definitely not in 2019.

SteamboatJoe

It is impossible to stress this enough. Disneyland Park cannot successfully host a nighttime parade anymore from an operational standpoint. The 60th experiment was a failure. That's why PTN is at DCA now. PTN will take breaks and be on and off, but it's DCA's now. MSEP is not coming back to DL in 2019. Or likely ever. But definitely not in 2019.
Do you know if WDW MK have the same nighttime parade ops challenges or is it "saved" by it's overall wider, more spacious layout and different parade route?

kibia16

Oh, dear. I love to blame Paul Pressler as much as the next Disney fan over 60, but really???

They dug up the lagoon and built World of Color in 2009-2010 when they were spending a Billion to fix DCA. So how is that Paul Pressler’s fault from 1999?!? This would seem to be Jay Rasulo and Ed Grier’s fault if they cheaped out on something.

And what exactly did they cheap out on with DTD that they are having to fix now? They are bulldozing half of that mall, and updating what survives to get it ready for 2018-2023 hipsters. What the heck does any of that have to do with DTD planning circa 1999? Did Pressler only move the headstones and leave the bodies in the graves?

As I posted in the Parking Structure and Hotel Thread:

TTA94

I know it’s always been this way with MSEP as well but it’s a shame nighttime parades at DL/DCA only get ran seasonally. Luckily WDW does not do that, when they actually have a nighttime parade, of course they can’t due to the constant high demand and the amount of guests that visit year round.

GiveMeTheMusic

I know it’s always been this way with MSEP as well but it’s a shame nighttime parades at DL/DCA only get ran seasonally. Luckily WDW does not do that, when they actually have a nighttime parade, of course they can’t due to the constant high demand and the amount of guests that visit year round.

DLR now has constant high demand and year round tourist guests, but they like to pretend they’re still a regional park when it comes to entertainment budgets.

GiveMeTheMusic

Do you know if WDW MK have the same nighttime parade ops challenges or is it "saved" by it's overall wider, more spacious layout and different parade route?

MK does not have the same issues, but things have gotten worse. They use the backstage alleys for exits way more than they ever used to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom