World Of Color Refurbishment

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well they did say of you crash the MF someone will be waiting for you as you leave the ride. Maybe Dead Pool Fett will track you down.

ef18362fb495677a3b2d8149e5e2700f.jpg

giphy.gif

TTA94

Paint the Night though

Info seems to be very hard to come by regarding Paint The Night and Pixar Play Parade after Pixar Fest. Is Soundsational dead? Have you heard anything recently? There had also been rumors of MSEP returning, maybe in 2019. Why they would put a nighttime back in DL with Star Wars Land opening is beyond me.

RescueTheDay

Soun
Info seems to be very hard to come by regarding Paint The Night and Pixar Play Parade after Pixar Fest. Is Soundsational dead? Have you heard anything recently? There had also been rumors of MSEP returning, maybe in 2019. Why they would put a nighttime back in DL with Star Wars Land opening is beyond me.

Soundsational will return in 2019.

kibia16

More delays coming:

When Disney rushed to build DCA and Downtown Disney on the cheap two decades back, they opted not to do all the prep work they could have to avoid future costs and delays. They’re currently paying that price.

At DCA, World of Color was thought to be going dark for just a couple of months. That was extended through the summer and now they’re shooting for near the end of the year. One tech fears the show might not return until 2019.

Evidently, the World of Color lagoon needs to be dug up to make repairs to electrical and plumbing—fixes related to short-sightedness during construction.

This is correct, one of the electrical rooms under the lagoon is flooded. And you can see the plumbing is broken with that delicious brown water

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Cause it is going dark. Cast has already been informed.

Sorry but I'll believe it when I see it or when a more well known insider confirms it. Having no nighttime entertainment at DCA would make no sense, especially during the holidays. So unless they plan on bringing something else to DCA, PtN will be running over the holidays even if its just on the weekends. Especially now that WoC isn't likely to come back until late winter at the earliest.

RescueTheDay

Sorry but I'll believe it when I see it or when a more well known insider confirms it. Having no nighttime entertainment at DCA would make no sense, especially during the holidays. So unless they plan on bringing something else to DCA, PtN will be running over the holidays even if its just on the weekends. Especially now that WoC isn't likely to come back until late winter at the earliest.

Totally fair. I’m just letting you know exactly what the cast has been told by management. All of them were already made free to audition for any holiday shows at the resort that would interfere with them performing in PTN. Things are always subject to change though, but they haven’t ran a parade yet with guest and the booths up on parade route.

FerretAfros

Do we know if they can run it with the food/wine festival booths up?
They've done overnight rehearsals of parades while the booths are set up. The booths don't prevent the floats themselves from making it through the performance corridor.

It's an operational issue, whether they want to deal with juggling guest viewing areas that are blocked off for the booths, and a few minutes of lost booth revenue (though increased traffic immediately before and after). If I'm not mistaken, DCA currently has the longest parade route of any Disney park (not sure about SDL) so losing a couple pockets of viewing space shouldn't be a major capacity concern. If viewing capacity is an issue, they could always add a second performance, the expense of which is marginal expense once the cast and crew are already on site for the first performance.

I've mentioned it before, but I think the operational issues of running WOC and PTN on the same day seem far more intimidating, trying to coordinate the crowdflow patterns and scheduling. Having a parade route where some portions don't have viewing space shouldn't be a problem; Disneyland parades manage just fine squeezing past the Matterhorn where guests aren't allowed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom