Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Movielover

Oh, it's a lot.

Just zoom in on any of the pics and look for humans and human-sized objects: pick-up trucks, port-a-potties, traffic cones. Don't look at the oversized construction equipment unless you focus on their cabs.

The scale of this land keeps messing with my head! I keep looking at the buildings overall and wondering why some of them seem so small, then I focus on the tiny dot that is a human and just loose my mind at the scope of the project. I can't wait to get into this land!!!

HauntedMansionFLA

The scale of this land keeps messing with my head! I keep looking at the buildings overall and wondering why some of them seem so small, then I focus on the tiny dot that is a human and just loose my mind at the scope of the project. I can't wait to get into this land!!!
If you get a chance to go to TSL, you will really get an idea how massive this project is going to be. Pandora is a beautiful land but this will blow it away.

Skibum1970

Not trying to get in trouble. This update on Disneyland's version is fascinating. The rockwork and way it works with their Frontierland. Plus, you can see some of the completed theming. I love westcoaster. Their sarcasm is right up my alley and they have great photo updates. Plus, they have a funny way of making fun of people who get their britches in a bunch if something is slightly not "Disneyfied".

http://www.westcoaster.net/home/201...ort-update-back-to-dirt-rocks-and-renovations

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

Not trying to get in trouble. This update on Disneyland's version is fascinating. The rockwork and way it works with their Frontierland. Plus, you can see some of the completed theming. I love westcoaster. Their sarcasm is right up my alley and they have great photo updates. Plus, they have a funny way of making fun of people who get their britches in a bunch if something is slightly not "Disneyfied".

http://www.westcoaster.net/home/201...ort-update-back-to-dirt-rocks-and-renovations
The rockwork looks stunning

drod1985

Pretty sure my computer had a stroke trying to load all those images.

trainplane3

I was looking forward to SWGE but I think my plans just changed:
SC_Aerial.png

Kennywood is going all in on the Steelers :hilarious: It's so over the top, I love it.

*It has a large coaster, merch store, TSR, an equivalent QSR, and a play/games area. It might one up TSL in my book*

**It's a joke**

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Rampy doo?!? 😂

Missing20K

View attachment 297232
Kennywood is going all in on the Steelers :hilarious: It's so over the top, I love it.

*It has a large coaster, merch store, TSR, an equivalent QSR, and a play/games area. It might one up TSL in my book*

**It's a joke**

They took out the Log Jammer for this? Coaster sounds rad.

Looks like a yinzer-designed basement bar, tho. So, actually it fits the city really well. :D

trainplane3

They took out the Log Jammer for this? Coaster sounds rad.

Looks like a yinzer-designed basement bar, tho. So, actually it fits the city really well. :D
Yep. It's really a great fit aka pure yinzer. Steelers fans from all over will love it and eat it up. I just hope OPs aren't the typical Kennywood fare (terribly slow). To avoid filling up the thread with off-topicness, here's everything on the expansion: https://www.kennywood.com/steelerscountry

They aren't fooling around with getting that parking garage up. I'm sure they realize how badly it's going to be needed for SWGE. The weathering on the rocks is really looking great. I really like how nicely it blends with FL from a distance. It's nice to see some good pictures come out of DL's SWGE.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Imagine what’s going on inside those two show buildings....

And nothing gets leaked. With 5,000 people worldwide working on this high profile project you would think that someone may snap a picture of something, including any of the set pieces various companies are working on, but nothing so far. Even with big movies like The Avengers you have pictures of the set leaking out every now and then, and those only shoot for a few months. This goes on for years and years. Quite impressive, I find.

huwar18

View attachment 297232

**It's a joke**

They wanted to do a Pirate's section of the park. However, Nutting already traded it away for a prospect and Potato Patch Fries :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom