News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Rode monorail from MK to Epcot with no AC. Survived.
images.jpg

Skibum1970

I figured out what they are going to do. When each gondola comes into the station, they will place a hose on a coupler on the outside of the gondola. They will then pump in A/C which should last for the entirety of the ride.

I'm joking. I couldn't care less about A/C. One, it's Florida and people should expect it. Two, we'll be standing in line in stagnant and somewhat smelly air when in the parks without A/C. Three, the rides aren't that long. Four, I simply don't care.

I think that it will be a fun and relaxing ride between the resorts/parks. Only sad that it took this long.

nace888

I honestly think that air conditioning will not be a problem. At higher altitudes, it gets a little cooler, so being almost a hundred feet off the ground with a breeze through the cabin should help. And with the glass being tinted and mirrored, not much sunlight should get in.

Bocabear

I honestly think that air conditioning will not be a problem. At higher altitudes, it gets a little cooler, so being almost a hundred feet off the ground with a breeze through the cabin should help. And with the glass being tinted and mirrored, not much sunlight should get in.
I thought they had already stated that it would run low to the ground...not high altitudes... (?)

Kamikaze

Its never going to get anywhere near 100 feet off the ground. Half that, at most.

And while it does get cooler at higher altitudes, 100 feet isn't going to make a difference. 500 feet and you'd get a few (2-5F) degrees in the right conditions, but 100? None whatsoever.

Goofyernmost

I thought they had already stated that it would run low to the ground...not high altitudes... (?)
And we all know from our basic science classes in school that hot air rises so the lower we are to the ground the cooler it will be. I'm thinking about bringing a parka. Worst case scenario with the lower altitude is that it will be unlikely that we will roast to death, however, heat exhaustion and dehydration will be a real thing considering it will be a ride of over 10 minutes without a water source.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom