News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

EricPZ

This unload process is gonna be fun....and efficient.
1531313298800.png

Goofyernmost

For some reason, the gondola cabins don't look to hold more than 6 comfortably... maybe I'm looking at them wrong?
Perhaps, you are looking at a small picture and not the actual object. I can't even fit my fist in the picture. Plus I don't believe the subject about "comfortably" has even come up yet. That may need it's own thread.

Lift Blog

For some reason, the gondola cabins don't look to hold more than 6 comfortably... maybe I'm looking at them wrong?
We went over this a few pages ago. Seat width is what you would find in the economy section of a modern commercial airliner. The difference is there are no dividers, so if there are fewer than 5 people on a side, everyone can spread out more. And we are talking about no more than 10 minutes seated at a time. If you wanted, you could even stand in the middle.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We went over this a few pages ago. Seat width is what you would find in the economy section of a modern commercial airliner. The difference is there are no dividers, so if there are fewer than 5 people on a side, everyone can spread out more. And we are talking about no more than 10 minutes seated at a time. If you wanted, you could even stand in the middle.

Just stand looking out the window...

1531324318717.png

Last edited:

DisneyCane

If they are the Omega IV-10 Si D Models rumored they will fit 10 without strollers or ECVs.

Fit and fit comfortably are 2 very different things. Especially on a trip out of the park in July when people have been sweating for hours. I don't particularly want to be in that cramped cabin with 9 other sweaty people that smell as bad or worse than me! The monorails can be bad enough but at least there is (usually) A/C.

Ripken10

Fit and fit comfortably are 2 very different things. Especially on a trip out of the park in July when people have been sweating for hours. I don't particularly want to be in that cramped cabin with 9 other sweaty people that smell as bad or worse than me! The monorails can be bad enough but at least there is (usually) A/C.
as has been discussed, due to the high capacity of this, in most cases a gondola won't "fill" up. In many cases, each party will take a single gondola. If you have a party of 10, you could fit in one gondola. I know I have been with a party of 10, and my group could fit fine.

nace888

If they are the Omega IV-10 Si D Models rumored they will fit 10 without strollers or ECVs.
I'm going based on a recent picture of one of the cabins. My dad has driven a semi with a trailer like that. The cabin sits right above the axles, and you can fit about 6 people in that space comfortably... the trailer is about 8 ft wide, and the wheels about 6. Maybe like I said, I might be looking at it wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom