News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

NormC

I'm going based on a recent picture of one of the cabins. My dad has driven a semi with a trailer like that. The cabin sits right above the axles, and you can fit about 6 people in that space comfortably... the trailer is about 8 ft wide, and the wheels about 6. Maybe like I said, I might be looking at it wrong.
Some specs from Doppelmayr
  • Greater seat width – now 460 mm (previously 416 mm) 18 inches
  • Comfortable legroom – cabin length now 2,656 mm (previously 2,436 mm) 8.7 feet
  • General cabin height of 2.22 m

I think 8 would be comfortable but it seats 10.

Last edited:

nace888

Some specs from Doppelmayr
  • Greater seat width – now 460 mm (previously 416 mm) 18 inches
  • Comfortable legroom – cabin length now 2,656 mm (previously 2,436 mm) 8.7 feet
  • General cabin height of 2.22 m

I think 8 would be comfortable but it seats 10.

Thanks!

Kamikaze

Fit and fit comfortably are 2 very different things. Especially on a trip out of the park in July when people have been sweating for hours. I don't particularly want to be in that cramped cabin with 9 other sweaty people that smell as bad or worse than me! The monorails can be bad enough but at least there is (usually) A/C.

You won't have to ride with 9 other people. They aren't going to load these to capacity in most cases.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Remember - If there are more people in the gondola with you, the better your odds are of surviving the alligators when the gondola falls into a swamp due to a direct lightning strike in the middle of the summer while you're also being cooked alive inside the gondola.

But it also increases the chance to death from heat or communicable diseases. ;)

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Took these today from the parking lot at the Boardwalk
20180711_164842.jpg
20180711_164847.jpg
20180711_164903.jpg

Goofyernmost

Fit and fit comfortably are 2 very different things. Especially on a trip out of the park in July when people have been sweating for hours. I don't particularly want to be in that cramped cabin with 9 other sweaty people that smell as bad or worse than me! The monorails can be bad enough but at least there is (usually) A/C.
Thinking realistically is certainly not the norm for discussion forums, but, really how many people do you think they are going to force into one cabin. My guess is it will range from 2 to a family. If someone doesn't want to be crammed into a cabin with strangers, the next one is merely a few seconds away. They are not going to force anyone on that doesn't want too. Besides you are thinking like it is closing at MK and MK isn't involved. The distribution of guests to the Gondola resorts is much smaller over all then trying to get an entire park on a monorail or ferry. It will be fine and it will be fun and all we have to do is stop inventing 50,000 possible reasons to not ride them or just plain not stay at a Gondola resort and then if they were to hire Arnold Schwarzenegger to push people into each cabin it will be of no concern of yours. You do have choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom