News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Minthorne

From in front of the Boardwalk Convention Center heading back toward the turning station in the parking lot. Maybe it is the nerd me but I like the industrial look.
76421854-6EF2-4769-9F35-DFEF2B0A78C5.jpeg

trainplane3

That’s the upcharge event. A zip line experience like no other.
Nah, we'll wait for Doppelmayr to convert it into a ride (that actually works unlike Vertigo) this time to make it a permanent upcharge:
https://rcdb.com/3457.htm

(I didn't think there was anything wrong with the sensor system and that it was a wear/fatigue problem instead)
Any comments on this ride @Lift Blog? Kind of interested to hear your take on it.
I remember following the construction of this ride back in 2006. It was a neat idea but too bad it didn't work out.

Grimley1968

Bay Area news outlets are having a field day with this...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/13/passengers-stuck-aboard-gondolas-at-oakland-zoo/

We have a rule... if some one says they were stuck on a lift for x minutes, divide x by two and subtract an additional three minutes. So "I was trapped for 30 minutes" probably means 12 minutes!

I was stuck on an elevator between floors during a 10 second power outage a few weeks ago. That 10 seconds was the longest 30 minutes of my life. ;)

Clamman73

Doppelmayr just posted a video of a new gondola with double turnarounds at both ends in basically the same configuration as we are seeing at WDW. The kicker is most of the carriers hold copper ore rather than people. The system can move 60 tons per hour and carriers come to complete stops for loading/unloading while the line keeps moving. Super cool to see it in action!

Double turnaround with chain conveyors at 0:23
Carrier stops on rear turnaround at 0:42
Another double turnaround is at 1:27
Carrier returns to the main rail at 1:55
A switch move is shown at 2:49

Value resorts line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom