Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Castle Cake Apologist

I searched the forum with the forum search because I thought there was one that I would link to in another thread. I failed at searching, my bad. Believing one not existing because I failed at searching, I started a new one. Quotes to the existing thread happened because they appeared in the rumor tracker and I went right to them believing they existed off-topic in other threads (which is the case for some of them). Then, my mom got scared, she said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought "Nah, forget it, Yo homes, to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

Sometimes just liking a post isn't enough. 😂

NiarrNDisney

(apologies for quoting myself, but I felt it useful to put my previous speculation as a reply, now that we've got a lively discussion about IP.

Well the Rio franchise was quite successful and did shine a light on Brazil specifically Rio de Janeiro then with the 2nd film focusing on the Amazon. However I don't think it is enough to carry a full on pavilion maybe an attraction but I'm guessing that the Mouse would test the waters first by creating another sequel and seeing its relevance in popular culture before taking on a franchise revival.

Lensman

For restaurants I'd love to see a churrascaria or petisco.
Four pages, and nobody's even brought up a Brazilian-style churrascaria???

We appear to be slipping, people!
@larryz, you're going to give me a complex! :)

Or have I done something to become ignored. I didn't think I've been that bad? :(

Mainly I don't want you to be disappointed at our slipping! :)

I've never been to a churrascaria for lunch. Do you just eat less or is there a change in format? I could see going to lunch there being a mistake in that it would make me logy for the entire afternoon. OTOH, if you limited yourself and focused on the cold food bar, I could see it being wonderful for lunch.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
To be perfectly honest, I'm not going to scroll through 101 pages of an old thread to try to find a handful of posts that may reveal new information.

Starting a fresh thread every now and then with several of the insider's posts and rumor whisperings at the very beginning makes for a far better experience. It may have been an accident, but I learned a several things from the opening post of this thread that I never would have seen otherwise.
Agreed.
Now you know how it feels starting unneeded rumor threads. :)
The jury is still out. Not everyone thinks this is an unnecessary new thread.

The old thread had lost its legs. This one is fresh out of the gate.

Brer Oswald

Why use Rio when they can use Disney’s 75 year old Brazilian mascot, who’s still popular in the country, and fairly well known here? Throw in the second most popular Disney character to represent us, the Brazilian outsiders, and give us a romanticized tour of the country filled with music and breathtaking sights. I couldn’t imagine a better attraction for the pavilion than that.

Lensman

Why use Rio when they can use Disney’s 75 year old Brazilian mascot, who’s still popular in the country, and fairly well known here? Throw in the second most popular Disney character to represent us, the Brazilian outsiders, and give us a romanticized tour of the country filled with music and breathtaking sights. I couldn’t imagine a better attraction for the pavilion than that.
Wait, are you suggesting that they move the Three Caballeros from the Grand Fiesta Tour in the Mexico pavilion (replacing it with Coco IP) and relocate them to the new Brazil pavilion? Brilliant! Everyone's happy!

Lensman

Agreed.

The jury is still out. Not everyone thinks this is an unnecessary new thread.

The old thread had lost its legs. This one is fresh out of the gate.
@MisterPenguin, link to the original thread in your first post, then everyone is happy. A moderator could also post a last message into the original thread linking to this one and close the original thread to new posts.

Brer Oswald

Wait, are you suggesting that they move the Three Caballeros from the Grand Fiesta Tour in the Mexico pavilion (replacing it with Coco IP) and relocate them to the new Brazil pavilion? Brilliant! Everyone's happy!
Two of the three. Donald and José as a duo, exploring Brazil, were much more prominent in the South American films than the Three Caballeros exploring Mexico. It’d still be nice to keep the animatronics playing their song somewhere in the Mexico pavilion though.

voodoo321

This may mean nothing at all but I recently stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms at Coronado Springs and The Three Cabelleros were prominently featured on all the art in the room and were the trading pins we received. Does that mean they are sticking around in the parks for a good long while? I dunno.

NiarrNDisney

This may mean nothing at all but I recently stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms at Coronado Springs and The Three Cabelleros were prominently featured on all the art in the room and were the trading pins we received. Does that mean they are sticking around in the parks for a good long while? I dunno.

The 3 Cabelleros have always kinda been symbols for CSR. There used to be topiaries outside on the patio greeting you as you walked into El Centro and the gift store has always been named Panchitos.
I just want to mention that I love that the Mouse also has a sculpture of Burrito in Panchitos, he's a rare character but such a cute one and frankly deserves a little merch! I would love a pin of him.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s consistent with George’s philosophical views, as illustrated by the Rebels and Clone Wars TV series and the grander story being told in the Skywalker Saga.

Bull...cartoon shows aren’t where the movie franchise draws its glue from.

But I’m ending the tangent now. We can pick this up in the next year.

So...we got construction dates for the gigantic western religion statue over the lagoon yet?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
@larryz, you're going to give me a complex! :)

Or have I done something to become ignored. I didn't think I've been that bad? :(

Mainly I don't want you to be disappointed at our slipping! :)
My bad... you posted after my bedtime and I read it before I should have been out of bed...
I've never been to a churrascaria for lunch. Do you just eat less or is there a change in format? I could see going to lunch there being a mistake in that it would make me logy for the entire afternoon. OTOH, if you limited yourself and focused on the cold food bar, I could see it being wonderful for lunch.
They usually charge somewhat less for lunch, and there's not as much premium beef on the skewers... but this is Disney, so who knows?

Last edited:

Mat Cauthon

I searched the forum with the forum search because I thought there was one that I would link to in another thread. I failed at searching, my bad. Believing one not existing because I failed at searching, I started a new one. Quotes to the existing thread happened because they appeared in the rumor tracker and I went right to them believing they existed off-topic in other threads (which is the case for some of them). Then, my mom got scared, she said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought "Nah, forget it, Yo homes, to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.
Epic explanation but possibly too subtle. Now I can't decide if you are secretly confirming new Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ride or new Carlton Dance Party. I'm leaning toward the latter with recent WDW trends.

*asks Alexa to play Tom Jones and starts working on my moves for next trip*

Rodan75

Given the upheaval in the current world order, I'm not sure what countries would not spur some sort of political discussion. But after Brazil, I would love to see Russia, India and Egypt.

I think I would prefer to see a land at DAK for the diversity of all of the countries within Oceania.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Given the upheaval in the current world order, I'm not sure what countries would not spur some sort of political discussion. But after Brazil, I would love to see Russia, India and Egypt.

I think I would prefer to see a land at DAK for the diversity of all of the countries within Oceania.

That is the exact same line that has been repeated in this “non-discussion, discussion” since 1985....
...and many times in the past it was followed by “...but this is different”

Just some context.

It is highly unlikely we have a commitment from Disney to build out pads in such a fashion...

I would say the ratatouille ride model is far more likely.

Rodan75

That is the exact same line that has been repeated in this “non-discussion, discussion” since 1985....
...and many times in the past it was followed by “...but this is different”

Just some context.

It is highly unlikely we have a commitment from Disney to build out pads in such a fashion...

I would say the ratatouille ride model is far more likely.

There will always be a bad moment in time for adding a specific country into WS. Which is why I don't think we will get many new countries at all. But since the point of the thread was, what else we would like to see...that is what I stated.

Not sure what you mean by 'ratatouille ride model is far more likely' though? Are you referring to countries with Entertainment IPs that can be leveraged? If that is what you meant, I would assume so as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There will always be a bad moment in time for adding a specific country into WS. Which is why I don't think we will get many new countries at all. But since the point of the thread was, what else we would like to see...that is what I stated.

Not sure what you mean by 'ratatouille ride model is far more likely' though? Are you referring to countries with Entertainment IPs that can be leveraged? If that is what you meant, I would assume so as well.

Now the the IP-ization of Epcot has begun...I think the most realistic additions are IP based add ons to existing countries.

There’s reasons why there haven’t been countries since 1988...and the Scandinavian consortium that sponsored that one collapsed before opening.

Disney has always been too demanding/unrealistic with their requirements since then...and kinda were even before.

If they are finally moving off that stance and will pay to operate the pavilions...then Carnivale for everyone!...I say...

I want them to prove me wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom