Not open for further replies.

djkidkaz

Possible reasons for exclusion:
Mexico = Direct competition
Norway = onde está a noruega?
China = shadow owners of Brazil
Morocco = one of those countries with the "dirty foot" theory
Canada = doesn't import enough Brazilian beef

I believe Mexico has something in their constitution about using their flag for monetary gain as unacceptable.

Princess Leia

I believe Mexico has something in their constitution about using their flag for monetary gain as unacceptable.
The US has codes about wearing the flag, but it's not like that has stopped anyone (my dad is super strict about the flag... and yet somehow I had a flag shirt as a kid).
http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html#176
  • "(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
  • (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

Phil12

The US has codes about wearing the flag, but it's not like that has stopped anyone (my dad is super strict about the flag... and yet somehow I had a flag shirt as a kid).
  • "(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
  • (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."
The flag code does not carry any penalties. Use of the flag falls under free speech in the first amendment.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Flag-designed things are not the same as THE flag. It would be inappropriate, for example, to sew an actual flag into an article of clothing.

clemmo

If Disney does get the fox deal I wonder if they’d think about using the newly acquired ip Rio from 20th century fox and blue sky animation (owned by fox). Of course that would be assuming they actually build the pavilion and an attraction which doesn’t seem likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom