A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Bairstow

The animation frame rate really distracts me for some reason, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The Animation itself feels like some of the newer Scooby Doo shows.

But I'm digging it. Hopefully it does turn up in the US.
Man, watching this you can practically hear Toon Boom groaning and straining at the weight of having to do actual animation.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Shorts:

I hate the term 'hot take' that seems to be as in today online as LOL was 20 years ago. I don't want anyone's hot take on anything.

Very amused by all the fans trying to contort themselves into pretzels that Toy Story Kiddie Land is a substantive addition to The Corpse of The Disney-MGM Studios. I eagerly await the breathless bloggers who just must be the first to try every food item and take pics of planters and trash cans.

Has anyone reported yet that the park is opening at 6 a.m. on Saturday yet? I was taken a bit aback by that one ... but I guess Disney wants hype and also wants five-hour waits to ride the AS$ kept to a minimum

What about people complaining about MK hours? Or do you think 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. is traditional for summer? Do you think that maybe labor costs have been pushed from MK over to DHS and DAK?

Apparently, I am missing a great battle on the Disney Tweeter about fans who don't wish to celebrate July 4th this year at WDW due to the insanity going on in our country right now. Seems to me that nothing is more American than the right to celebrate or not celebrate anything you chose.

All the fans excited by this Three Caballeros clips floating around seems to be a reaction to the 'anything goes' shorts that Disney has been producing for years now. I am not sure where I stand on this ... but I do recall Roy E. Disney having a fit in the early 00s when The Disney Store (and parks) started selling plush Mickeys in all sorts of colors and designs. Although once Eisner was replaced by Iger he seemed to not have the same issue.

I was asked about a rumor that Tommy Clueless started about the HKDL and WDSP Frozen attractions being copies of EPCOT's and my answer is ... I don't know. I know this was the original plan for HKDL, but was told it was just temporary and would be expanded. Then I was told they would be using SDL's Pirates ride system (ride system envy is as big a thing in China as castle size, apparently). I can only confidently tell you that the TDS Frozen attraction will be unique and, likely, much, much better than whatever HK and Paris wind up with.

But now it seems it means another Marvel film is coming out. I really enjoyed the first Ant Man, so I will see this one at some point. But at some point fatigue will set in ... at least they keep quality consistent, although if you are honest, so does Lucasfilm, it's just a whole lot lower there.

Last edited by a moderator:

WDW1974

Original Poster
A final short: I noticed the Tweeters talking about how Disney will change its AP program and start limiting the amount of days you can enter at various price points, and eliminate blackout dates.

If you understand a thing about the way the AP programs, for both DLR and WDW, were created, you would understand just how laughable a notion this is.

Programs are absolutely going to change a bit with prices likely taking a huge leap to justify TWO whole Star Wars attractions. But they will not give you a limitless choice of say 75 days a year to use them at one point and 142 days another etc. It goes against the whole concept of having APs.

RSoxNo1

Spirited Shorts:

I hate the term 'hot take' that seems to be as in today online as LOL was 20 years ago. I don't want anyone's hot take on anything.

Very amused by all the fans trying to contort themselves into pretzels that Toy Story Kiddie Land is a substantive addition to The Corpse of The Disney-MGM Studios. I eagerly await the breathless bloggers who just must be the first to try every food item and take pics of planters and trash cans.

Has anyone reported yet that the park is opening at 6 a.m. on Saturday yet? I was taken a bit aback by that one ... but I guess Disney wants hype and also wants five-hour waits to ride the AS$ kept to a minimum (to be fair, you can ride better versions of the AS$ at CP housing with minimal waiting!)

What about people complaining about MK hours? Or do you think 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. is traditional for summer? Do you think that maybe labor costs have been pushed from MK over to DHS and DAK?

Apparently, I am missing a great battle on the Disney Tweeter about fans who don't wish to celebrate July 4th this year at WDW due to the insanity going on in our country right now. Seems to me that nothing is more American than the right to celebrate or not celebrate anything you chose.

All the fans excited by this Three Caballeros clips floating around seems to be a reaction to the 'anything goes' shorts that Disney has been producing for years now. I am not sure where I stand on this ... but I do recall Roy E. Disney having a fit in the early 00s when The Disney Store (and parks) started selling plush Mickeys in all sorts of colors and designs. Although once Eisner was replaced by Iger he seemed to not have the same issue.

I was asked about a rumor that Tommy Clueless started about the HKDL and WDSP Frozen attractions being copies of EPCOT's and my answer is ... I don't know. I know this was the original plan for HKDL, but was told it was just temporary and would be expanded. Then I was told they would be using SDL's Pirates ride system (ride system envy is as big a thing in China as castle size, apparently). I can only confidently tell you that the TDS Frozen attraction will be unique and, likely, much, much better than whatever HK and Paris wind up with.

It used to be that time of month meant something for only women. But now it seems it means another Marvel film is coming out. I really enjoyed the first Ant Man, so I will see this one at some point. But at some point fatigue will set in ... at least they keep quality consistent, although if you are honest, so does Lucasfilm, it's just a whole lot lower there.
I think "hot take" has moved into the ironic/sarcasm vernacular much in the same way "fake news" has/should.

Regarding MCU fatigue, it's going to be next to impossible for Ant Man and the Wasp to be anything but a step back from Infinity War, but the first movie had low stakes and was still enjoyable. They are entertaining popcorn movies and while they haven't all been flawless, they're putting out 3 a year, and I have more confidence that I'm going to enjoy any one of the 3 more than any other product any other studio is putting out.

brb1006

Spirited Shorts:

Has anyone reported yet that the park is opening at 6 a.m. on Saturday yet? I was taken a bit aback by that one ... but I guess Disney wants hype and also wants five-hour waits to ride the AS$ kept to a minimum (to be fair, you can ride better versions of the AS$ at CP housing with minimal waiting!)

It used to be that time of month meant something for only women. But now it seems it means another Marvel film is coming out. I really enjoyed the first Ant Man, so I will see this one at some point. But at some point fatigue will set in ... at least they keep quality consistent, although if you are honest, so does Lucasfilm, it's just a whole lot lower there.
I'm still baffled why Disney never made an announcement about this or bringing "The Legend of The Three Caballeros" to the US.

smile

Question for all you coaster nerds out there-
Are there any coasters in the world with a purely vertical launch?

i've seen concepts, but no installations to my knowledge...
many more safety concerns with the launch itself being on a vertical plane.

gerstlauer and mack have only somewhat recently started to popularize vertical lifts.

Bairstow

i've seen concepts, but no installations to my knowledge...
many more safety concerns with the launch itself being on a vertical plane.

gerstlauer and mack have only somewhat recently started to popularize vertical lifts.

Well over a decade, now.

You would need, at a minimum, a sufficient section of straight track between the load platform and the launch "hill" to catch rollbacks.
Still, the concept fascinates me. I'm picturing a vertical launch used in a relatively small indoor coaster, with the launch themed to a rocket blastoff and the car slowing down considerably at the apex of the launch hill to induce a few moments of weightlessness before picking up speed again. Maybe use a combination of projection and lighting changes to enhance the effect.

smile

Well over a decade, now.

You would need, at a minimum, a sufficient section of straight track between the load platform and the launch "hill" to catch rollbacks.
Still, the concept fascinates me. I'm picturing a vertical launch used in a relatively small indoor coaster, with the launch themed to a rocket blastoff and the car slowing down considerably at the apex of the launch hill to induce a few moments of weightlessness before picking up speed again. Maybe use a combination of projection and lighting changes to enhance the effect.

why not just put the launch in the rollback area and avoid the cost/headaches?
... unless your vision is of coming to rest in a vertical position and launching from there.

a great idea, of course, but one that may very well have leapt from physically impossible to far more cost-effective (and safer) to simulate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom