A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

yeti

Today on “Disney fans are their own worst enemy”

2cthfx.jpg

Epcot '92

California Tower of Terror to Guardians of the Galaxy? Malestrom to Frozen ever after?

Those rides are apparently a lot better and more popular after their updates.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this. They did take two alright rides and made them must see attractions (Mission Breakout more so, but Frozen is the best thing thats happened to World Showcase since Illuminations.)

Indy_UK

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this. They did take two alright rides and made them must see attractions (Mission Breakout more so, but Frozen is the best thing thats happened to World Showcase since Illuminations.)

I’m not a fan of Frozen as a franchise but they did an amazing job of the change from maelstrom which was stupidly boring

the.dreamfinder

I’m not a fan of Frozen as a franchise but they did an amazing job of the change from maelstrom which was stupidly boring
Point missed.

Maelstrom fits the theme of WS.

WDI had a non-Frozen refurb of Maelstrom in developement during the late 00s/early 10s.

Management chose to shove characters in a place where they clearly don’t belong when offered the opportunity to improve an attraction which reflected the intent of WS.

Don’t be bedazzled by production details or newness.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Television animation has doing them been doing them a great disservice as of late, so I wish this change would happen ASAP.

Quoting you out of convenience, but I saw a couple similar posts....

If you think Disney TV Animation has been doing the mouse a disservice lately then you are in the minority.

Duck Tales is a fantastic show. It’s legitimately fantastic. Animation is wonderful, writing is wonderful, the voice acting is off the charts.

I wonder, are you complaining for the sake of complaining. Have you even watched the show?

Donaldfan1934

Quoting you out of convenience, but I saw a couple similar posts....

If you think Disney TV Animation has been doing the mouse a disservice lately then you are in the minority.

Duck Tales is a fantastic show. It’s legitimately fantastic. Animation is wonderful, writing is wonderful, the voice acting is off the charts.

I wonder, are you complaining for the sake of complaining. Have you even watched the show?
You're entitled to your opinion, but I personally cannot stand the new Mickey Mouse cartoons anymore. They're just a terrible disservice to the characters on almost every level. Maybe these cartoons are halfway decent if you try and pretend they're completely disconnected from the classic characters that are intended to be portrayed, but if you think gross out imagery like this,
IMG_2873.JPG

this,
IMG_2874.JPG

and this
IMG_2875.JPG

are the type of humor Mickey Mouse cartoons have stood for in their nearly 90 years of existence, than your out of your mind. If Disney wants to make new cartoons featuring these characters, then they should stick with the basic art styles and personalities that have been established for decades instead of trying to make them the new Ren and Stimpy.

And while I haven't seen that much of the new Ducktales, my feelings with it aren't anywhere near as negative. That being said, I still have my faults with what I have seen of it. The writing seems fine and the animation is at least better than the new Mickey Mouse cartoons, but I have to disagree on the voice acting for the nephews at least. I'm sorry, but Huey, Dewey, and Louie don't sound like 3 30-something comedic actors. It's yet another example of star power replacing classic voice actors.

To be fair, I haven't seen the new Three Caballeros cartoon, but from what I can tell, it looks like a return to form in characterization as well as the prime Mickeyverse I've known and loved since I was a kid. You may not think it's much to get excited if you're content with the new stuff, but to those of us who've been waiting to see these characters again in their classic form, it's kind of a big deal.

Rodan75

You're entitled to your opinion, but I personally cannot stand the new Mickey Mouse cartoons anymore. They're just a terrible disservice to the characters on almost every level. Maybe these cartoons are halfway decent if you try and pretend they're completely disconnected from the classic characters that are intended to be portrayed, but if you think gross out imagery like this,
View attachment 292151
this,
View attachment 292152
and this
View attachment 292153
are the type of humor Mickey Mouse cartoons have stood for in their nearly 90 years of existence, than your out of your mind. If Disney wants to make new cartoons featuring these characters, then they should stick with the basic art styles and personalities that have been established for decades instead of trying to make them the new Ren and Stimpy.

And while I haven't seen that much of the new Ducktales, my feelings with it aren't anywhere near as negative. That being said, I still have my faults with what I have seen of it. The writing seems fine and the animation is at least better than the new Mickey Mouse cartoons, but I have to disagree on the voice acting for the nephews at least. I'm sorry, but Huey, Dewey, and Louie don't sound like 3 30-something comedic actors. It's yet another example of star power replacing classic voice actors.

To be fair, I haven't seen the new Three Caballeros cartoon, but from what I can tell, it looks like a return to form in characterization as well as the prime Mickeyverse I've known and loved since I was a kid. You may not think it's much to get excited if you're content with the new stuff, but to those of us who've been waiting to see these characters again in their classic form, it's kind of a big deal.

I believe all 3 of those scenes are from the first two seasons of the MM Shorts. They have toned down those types of shots over the other 6 seasons. Each short has a slightly different style and they've been a bit more experimental with MM, to make him less a corporate mascot and more of a living breathing character again. Obviously you don't have to like everything they are doing, but they are award winning and regularly recognized for their quality.

I'm hopeful for the Three Caballeros show, but we simply haven't seen enough of it to know much about it.

brb1006

View attachment 292151
this,
View attachment 292152
and this
View attachment 292153

I actually like this take on Mickey and friends, I was getting very tired of them portrayed as happy-go-lucky (Besides Donald and Daisy occasionally) for a long time now. Plus I love the amount of Disney references not only from films and character cameos. But even references ones such as Make Mine Music and Oswald finally showed up in one short (As a cameo).

brb1006

I believe all 3 of those scenes are from the first two seasons of the MM Shorts. They have toned down those types of shots over the other 6 seasons. Each short has a slightly different style and they've been a bit more experimental with MM, to make him less a corporate mascot and more of a living breathing character again. Obviously you don't have to like everything they are doing, but they are award winning and regularly recognized for their quality.

I'm hopeful for the Three Caballeros show, but we simply haven't seen enough of it to know much about it.
Yeah, I really enjoy the newer Mickey shorts (Especially the Halloween and Christmas ones from last year).

Donaldfan1934

The shorts may be trying to make him less of a corporate mascot, but all they've done is take it from one extreme to another. Yes, something needed to be done about the kiddie character perception that was perpetuated by the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in particular, but to go all out experimental was an extreme overreaction. As far as I'm concerned, the only content Disney has created this decade that captured the true spirit of Mickey were Get a Horse and the Epic Mickey games. Other than that, I think the classic Disney characters are in a similar state as the Looney Tunes. They're still theme park icons, but most of their actual content is stuck between experimental reboots that don't quite capture the spirt of the originals. Honestly, I can't help but feel that this all could've been avoided if Disney just continued using these characters as they had been until the mid-2000's or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom