News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Guys... Disney's got this...

1530078223711.png

RSoxNo1

I guess future world now means "futuristic look" steel boxes housing roller coasters. Thank you for clearing that up. ;)

:banghead:
Don't get me wrong, EPCOT is dead, but the architecture of the buildings in both World Showcase and Future World are amongst the only things left that are still representative of the original aesthetic. Futuristic Look or Unique Look are still appropriate. I don't want to see the gravity building looking like an old Victorian hotel, if it carries with it the look of some of the buildings on Xandar that would be in line with the Unique Look. For me personally, I think the building facade for Mission: SPACE looks better than Horizons or Test Track/World of Motion. The difference with Mission: SPACE though is that it's a facade and not something that look good from all angles.

Bocabear

Because.... Rollercoasters!...
Why is there a collector's museum in California Adventure?
I guess they could theme the whole building to look like a giant starship just landed but that sounds a lot more expensive than Nova Headquarters....

Bocabear

Can you imagine how bad this would have looked in the Magic Kingdom? It would have been so out of scale with both the castle and Space Mountain, dwarfing both by mass....So I guess we are lucky it went to EPCOT that has the space for it... if that can be any sort of a bright point...

Missing20K

Don't get me wrong, EPCOT is dead, but the architecture of the buildings in both World Showcase and Future World are amongst the only things left that are still representative of the original aesthetic. Futuristic Look or Unique Look are still appropriate. I don't want to see the gravity building looking like an old Victorian hotel, if it carries with it the look of some of the buildings on Xandar that would be in line with the Unique Look. For me personally, I think the building facade for Mission: SPACE looks better than Horizons or Test Track/World of Motion. The difference with Mission: SPACE though is that it's a facade and not something that look good from all angles.

Well we agree the ideals behind the original EPCOT are dead. I am of the belief the aesthetics of the original buildings were of greater importance to the overall vision of the park, as well as the "story" they were presenting, then the replacement(s) have been (or will be). My comments maybe relate more to the appropriateness of the attraction in FW to begin with, rather than the architecture of the GotG building.

Couldn't agree more on MS. Respectfully disagree on TT/WOM, however. Someone, somewhere in this thread talked about Learning from Las Vegas and the ideas of the decorated shed vs the duck.

While not ideal, this is a decent example. Misson:Space = decorated shed. The Land = duck. GotG almost by definition of re-using an existing shell of a building that was designed for something else entirely, then plastering accoutrement on the facade to announce to the world what exactly is inside the structure, will be a decorated shed. Nothing wrong with that, the Castle's could be argued as decorated sheds. It's all in how it's decorated. Therein lies the rub.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

If Quill is visiting Epcot, why is there a Nova Corp building already there in Epcot?
First off, let's preface all of this saying the story treatment here is very likely going to be a stretch. That's the opposition that most of us has.

I suspect it will be something like the Nova Corps setup shop in Epcot to showcase new technologies or something and they recruited the Guardians to tell the story of the ride (whatever that may be). As a heads up, this isn't that far off from the Wakanda motivation that I and others have suggested for Wonders of Life.

The obvious problem here is that historically the technologies showcased were grounded a bit more than super hero movies.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

First off, let's preface all of this saying the story treatment here is very likely going to be a stretch. That's the opposition that most of has.

I suspect it will be something like the Nova Corps setup shop in Epcot to showcase new technologies or something and they recruited the Guardians to tell the story of the ride (whatever that may be). As a heads up, this isn't that far off from the Wakanda motivation that I and others have suggested for Wonders of Life.

The obvious problem here is that historically the technologies showcased were grounded a bit more than super hero movies.

They could showcase how the Nova Corps have been subtly feeding us "Terrans" technology over time to get us ready to enter into the federation of planets, or whatever they call it... and showcase past tech along with future tech that we'll end up using.. who knows. i might be infringing on multiple IP copyrights to include Star Trek and Men In Black though... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom