A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Bairstow

There’s another Transformers? :facepalm:

Yep, Bumblebee prequel film

Yeah, and judging by the trailer it looks... kind of great?

It's much smaller in scope, and directed by Travis Knight from Laika Animation- he's the guy that did Kubo and the Two Strings.

The trailer dropped last night and reminds me of The Iron Giant or How to Train Your Dragon, in a very good way.

bhg469

There’s another Transformers? :facepalm:

There is and I am shocked to admit that I want to see it!! It both looks just like transformers and at the same time, nothing at all like !!!!!!!!TRANSFORMERS!!!!!!!

Yeah, and judging by the trailer it looks... kind of great?

It's much smaller in scope, and directed by Travis Knight from Laika Animation- he's the guy that did Kubo and the Two Strings.

The trailer dropped last night and reminds me of The Iron Giant or How to Train Your Dragon, in a very good way.

The only thing that I am unsure of, is if they are gonna try and make me cry... I am about 90% sure they are going to mess with my emotions and I don't like it.

shortstop

So many of the fun parts of Thor:Ragnorak were spoiled by the trailers that I avoid all trailers now, especially for comedies. Once you experience a joke, it severely impinges on its impact the next time you experience it.
Happened to me for Civil War. I knew a plot twist was coming at the end because the scene from the trailer featuring Cap and Bucky fighting Iron Man hadn’t happened yet.

Bairstow

After we saw Ragnarok in theaters, my friend pointed out that if it wasn’t for the marketing, you really wouldn’t know that the Grandmaster’s prized contender was the Hulk. He doesn’t show up until about a third of the way into the movie, but the trailers let everyone in on the secret. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was even worse with spoiling everyone.

Infinity War and Deadpool 2, on the other hand, were pretty good about playing it coy (lots of fake scenes/missing effects).

On the other hand, I never would have bothered going to see Ragnarok if I didn't know beforehand that it was a partial adaptation of Planet Hulk. Those Hulk/Thor trailers were great, and were probably a big part of the reason the movie far outgrossed the other Thor movies.

Princess Leia

On the other hand, I never would have bothered going to see Ragnarok if I didn't know beforehand that it was a partial adaptation of Planet Hulk. Those Hulk/Thor trailers were great, and were probably a big part of the reason the movie far outgrossed the other Thor movies.
I do have to agree with you; it’s probably the best case of a major spoiler actually helping the movie being promoted.

I just rewatched the trailers for Winter Soldier, and Bucky’s face is either blurry or masked during his scenes, and the major Hydra reveal stayed hidden. Iron Man 3 and Black Panther both hid their major villain reveals (Killmonter seemed set up as the smaller villain), and Infinity War majorly overplayed the roles of Cap, Natasha, and T’Challa, while Strange was featured a bit less.
But in all cases, I at least felt like I had some idea of what the movie was about. The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi gave even less info. Ditto with this WIR trailer. I’m just curious to see what direction the next trailer goes in.

Princess Leia

I just realized that the reviews are coming out really early?? Like, this doesn’t come out in America for another 2 1/2 weeks, right? Is it coming out earlier in another country?
Why do I feel like this was stealth announced?

I also noticed it pretty much has the same joke as WiR2. Looks good though. Loved the first one.

I would have expected more fanfare for this trailer being dropped, especially after how good the first one was (ditto with Lego Batman, never saw Ninjago)

ProfSavage

Why do I feel like this was stealth announced?

I also noticed it pretty much has the same joke as WiR2. Looks good though. Loved the first one.

I didn't even know they were considering a second one. The first was one of those surprise "oh wow this is really good" Redbox rentals back when it first came out. Cool!

BrianLo

What a strange week we're having when the Wreck it Ralph 2 trailer makes the movie out to be pan-corporate trash and the new Transformers trailer looks wonderful.

Transformers trailers have always been good. Whoever cuts them does a really great job. A podcast group I listen to always lament that they've been tricked far too many times by those trailers.

2351metalcloud

Mantis is the only one in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that had very extensive prosthetics on her face that might effect her ability to talk like Killer Croc that won an Oscar for makeup and was also on screen for a long time. They might not have wanted to affect their lead actor's ability to act much, make him sit for long periods of time putting makeup on, to have people compare the makeup and prosthetics he might have worn in the movie to makeup and prosthetics they might give an actor playing Beast in a theatrical production that is similar to the movie or who might appear in the park, and they might want to also improve the ability of the animation companies they use to create things like this.

Princess Leia

Mantis is the only one in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that had very extensive prosthetics on her face that might effect her ability to talk like Killer Croc that won an Oscar for makeup and was also on screen for a long time. They might not have wanted to affect their lead actor's ability to act much, make him sit for long periods of time putting makeup on, to have people compare the makeup and prosthetics he might have worn in the movie to makeup and prosthetics they might give an actor playing Beast in a theatrical production that is similar to the movie or who might appear in the park, and they might want to also improve the ability of the animation companies they use to create things like this.
Nebula -
I can’t find a video for Mantis, but I don’t think she had the facial prosthesis like Nebula.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom