A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Mike S

Looks like legendary Story Artist, and possibly the last artist who worked with Walt still at the company, Burny Mattinson is retiring from WDAS after 65 years with the company.

EDIT: Based on tweet from artists at WDAS, looks like he has no intention to retire at this point!

I don’t drink, but I’d have a beer with this guy.

Here’s to 65 more!!!

TeddyinMO

If memory serves me correctly, the original Wreck It Ralph trailers hid much of the plot and instead showed off more of the “gimmick” and the “world.” Especially most of the 2nd Act and all of the 3rd wasn’t seen in trailers 🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree. I think this trailer is along the lines of the Frozen trailer that had Olaf and Sven "fighting" over Olaf's nose. It's just to give a taste of the feel of the movie. I actually would not be surprised if much of that princess scene plays differently in the final cut. That being said, I love that Disney's able to make fun of itself a bit. The tongue in cheek look at Disney's empire/marketing is great. I have no idea if the movie will be good or not - I thought 1 was a solid B to B+, but nothing spectacular - but this trailer makes me want to go see the movie. And I showed it to both my almost three and 7 year olds last night. They loved it.

Bairstow

What a strange week we're having when the Wreck it Ralph 2 trailer makes the movie out to be pan-corporate trash and the new Transformers trailer looks wonderful.

PizzaPlanet

If memory serves me correctly, the original Wreck It Ralph trailers hid much of the plot and instead showed off more of the “gimmick” and the “world.” Especially most of the 2nd Act and all of the 3rd wasn’t seen in trailers 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes but it showed enough of the story to let us know that Ralph doesn't like being a bad guy any more and wants to be in a new game. The trailers for the sequel haven't shown any reasons or motivations for the characters to be in the internet.
I agree. I think this trailer is along the lines of the Frozen trailer that had Olaf and Sven "fighting" over Olaf's nose.
But that was a teaser, this is the second trailer.

FigmentJedi

Yes but it showed enough of the story to let us know that Ralph doesn't like being a bad guy any more and wants to be in a new game. The trailers for the sequel haven't shown any reasons or motivations for the characters to be in the internet.
Supposedly, Sugar Rush is broken and they go online to try and find replacement parts, but they get distracted by all the stupid meme stuff.

Princess Leia

I kind of just find it odd that they went all in with the princesses in this trailer, when based on what we learned from D23, the trailer might have been 85% of the princess scene.

After thinking about it, I was probably a little hard on the trailer yesterday, but I’d like to see more Felix & Calhoun.

Princess Leia

So many of the fun parts of Thor:Ragnorak were spoiled by the trailers that I avoid all trailers now, especially for comedies. Once you experience a joke, it severely impinges on its impact the next time you experience it.
After we saw Ragnarok in theaters, my friend pointed out that if it wasn’t for the marketing, you really wouldn’t know that the Grandmaster’s prized contender was the Hulk. He doesn’t show up until about a third of the way into the movie, but the trailers let everyone in on the secret. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was even worse with spoiling everyone.

Infinity War and Deadpool 2, on the other hand, were pretty good about playing it coy (lots of fake scenes/missing effects).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom