Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

mikejs78

Premium Member
All I can say is that with whatever overhaul they end up doing, I hope that they end up keeping the FW Innoventions background music. It's one of my favorites on property.

lazyboy97o

Rich Brownn

DanielBB8

Really not true at this point. Only a fraction of the pavillions are sponsored, they have operating costs that the ticket prices pay for. Of course there's a great deal of profit built in but it isn't pure profit.
Of course, that was the previous model that doesn’t work anymore.

lazyboy97o

We actually just rejoined the BIE that regulates Expo's. Ironically Epcot is based on the NY World's Fair which was an unsanctioned fair.
Disney fans overemphasize the importance of the 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair because of its place at the end of Disney’s life and the specific Disney attractions. It wasn’t overly unique in its format or message and not the only fair in which the company participated.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not even close...in the disney shell game of accounting...not a single penny tends to walk away from a ticket as profit.

But it is a matter of “slotting” things on the ledger sheets.

Do you have proof that Disney is cooking the books? It's your duty to go to the proper authorities and let them know a publicly traded company is committing investor fraud.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you have proof that Disney is cooking the books? It's your duty to go to the proper authorities and let them know a publicly traded company is committing investor fraud.

I’m not claiming they are “cooking the books”...

I’m saying that when you run places with such high overhead - which they do - that operational cost gets eaten by something...it’s the tickets.

That’s not investor fraud. It’s just It has to be put somewhere.

I’ll look for a chart you.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlacierGlacier

Met pinelope today in Epcot. I love this kinda stuff
20180602_153359.jpg

sedati

Not sure if he posts about these elsewhere, but Martin put out his communicore video today. I for one applaud him for having the entirety of the backstage magic show including the video preshow.

It’s very well done as always, and very nostalgic for me. Still, I do believe that step one in re-invigorationg Epcot should involve the complete destruction of those buildings.

Kman101

I still have a strong feeling that what the concept art had shown is not what we're really going to see. For example take a look at the new Fantasyland concept art before and after and you'll see why.

Well it was far too ambitious. They'd never do that much work. lol. They really don't need to totally overhaul the spine, though I'd have been curious to see if they really had the guts and money to totally re-do it (but they don't). I liked the idea of more greenery and water, but not at the expense of the buildings. All they need is some paint, the tombstones gone, the tarps gone, add some water and a few more trees and boom. Most of us would be satisfied.

jakeman

Well it was far too ambitious. They'd never do that much work. lol. They really don't need to totally overhaul the spine, though I'd have been curious to see if they really had the guts and money to totally re-do it (but they don't). I liked the idea of more greenery and water, but not at the expense of the buildings. All they need is some paint, the tombstones gone, the tarps gone, add some water and a few more trees and boom. Most of us would be satisfied.
When has anyone around here been satisfied when the finished product looks in anyway different than the concept art?

Rational we are not.

Rich Brownn

Disney fans overemphasize the importance of the 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair because of its place at the end of Disney’s life and the specific Disney attractions. It wasn’t overly unique in its format or message and not the only fair in which the company participated.
It was unique ironically because it was unsanctioned . Unable to get many counties, the fair replaced them with corporations many of which went insane spending millions on elaborate pavilions. It wasn't just Disney. Probably the best remembered (and certainly the most visited) was GM's Futurama. Expo '67 just a few years later didn't have the same impact (even though it drew way more visitors) because it was more like a normal WF...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom