Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

djkidkaz

Assuming the resort is going where we think it is, they could create an enclosed connection like this which is about 600 feet, a fraction of the distance from the front gate to Galaxy's Edge.

View attachment 284603

What I meant to convey was that I think it’s too far to walk in regards to keeping a seamless experience if your walking through a parking lot or seeing backstage buildings. They need to have some sore of enclosure that keeps you in the theme completely from the resort to SWGE.

Hopefully they have something cool up there sleeve.

GlacierGlacier

What I meant to convey was that I think it’s too far to walk in regards to keeping a seamless experience if your walking through a parking lot or seeing backstage buildings. They need to have some sore of enclosure that keeps you in the theme completely from the resort to SWGE.

Peoplemover?

doctornick

Expansion pad is the bulge in the berm and maybe going into the roadway and/or the soon-to-be closed Pixar Lane...

View attachment 284407

I still don't get this -- it's an odd place for an expansion pad I would think because it will be annoying as heck to build there smack in the middle of a open operating lands in a busy theme park. Why wouldn't they have made the berm thinnest on that side, shifted the land a bit north and put expansion space on the south side (or maybe southwest)? Would be much easier to build on in the future.

Sped2424

I don't think you will be walking from the resort to the land and if you would I doubt they would allow any views that would ruin immersion!

nickys

Premium Member
I don't think you will be walking from the resort to the land and if you would I doubt they would allow any views that would ruin immersion!

I think walking is definitely a possibility, to a special back door entrance to Galaxy's Edge.

Getting in a minibus really will ruin the immersion IMO. Walking, or travelling in some form, along a people mover / tunnel / sky-bridge with suitable theming and no views of the real world would be awesome.

Movielover

I think walking is definitely a possibility, to a special back door entrance to Galaxy's Edge.

Getting in a minibus really will ruin the immersion IMO. Walking, or travelling in some form, along a people mover / tunnel / sky-bridge with suitable theming and no views of the real world would be awesome.

The transition will just be a CM covering your eyes and shuffling you while making Michael Winslow esque noises to cover the sounds of the outdoors...

ive_lost_the_sweeps_spaceballs.gif

Goofyernmost

Wouldn't that whole scenario create a huge gap in the security check procedures? Unless you have to clear security before entering the Hotel anything can happen and how would they incorporate the electronic ticket procedure in that without breaking the immersion? I'd say it will just have to get people to the main gate of DHS or create another one. What ever they do in the line of direct access unless they get a whole new generation of people with some degree of imagination and not needing everything to be exact, it won't work.

peter11435

Wouldn't that whole scenario create a huge gap in the security check procedures? Unless you have to clear security before entering the Hotel anything can happen and how would they incorporate the electronic ticket procedure in that without breaking the immersion? I'd say it will just have to get people to the main gate of DHS or create another one. What ever they do in the line of direct access unless they get a whole new generation of people with some degree of imagination and not needing everything to be exact, it won't work.
There will likely be no need for a ticket process for guests participating in this experience.

Security has several easy solutions.

Goofyernmost

There will likely be no need for a ticket process for guests participating in this experience.

Security has several easy solutions.
You don't need to see ID.
Man, the security entering the hotel would have to be awesome to prevent a breach. No ID? No need for a ticket? Just a path into the park with no oversight? OK, more power to them, but, just sitting here I can think of at least a couple of possible flaws. Screening for that would almost require the same as a prison strip search. From the Eagles, Hotel California... "You can check out whenever you want, but, you can never leave".

nickys

Premium Member
Man, the security entering the hotel would have to be awesome to prevent a breach. No ID? No need for a ticket? Just a path into the park with no oversight? OK, more power to them, but, just sitting here I can think of at least a couple of possible flaws. Screening for that would almost require the same as a prison strip search. From the Eagles, Hotel California... "You can check out whenever you want, but, you can never leave".

Eh? The only people allowed into the resort will be those who booked the immersive experience. You'll check in as normal, in person, when they will verify who you are. You will have some kind of Star Wars-y magic band gadget that will work just like a magic band. And however they have access to the park you will have your own special entrance. Scan your gadget as you leave the hotel or at the gate.

How on earth is that some kind of security risk? Or were you forgetting the resort is not open to visitors?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Eh? The only people allowed into the resort will be those who booked the immersive experience. You'll check in as normal, in person, when they will verify who you are. You will have some kind of Star Wars-y magic band gadget that will work just like a magic band. And however they have access to the park you will have your own special entrance. Scan your gadget as you leave the hotel or at the gate.

How on earth is that some kind of security risk? Or were you forgetting the resort is not open to visitors?

At this point we don't know if it will be open to visitors or not. Either way, having to scan your Star-Wars-y magic band before entering the path to GE and even going through a security screening wouldn't really break the immersion if it was themed appropriately.

peter11435

The access to the park would not be come and go as you please. It would be structured as part of the experience. So no need for Id or ticket.

There are several ways security screening could take place when accessing the park that would not break the immersion. This wouldn’t even be necessary if guests were screened upon Hotel entry. No need for a strip search.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The access to the park would not be come and go as you please. It would be structured as part of the experience. So no need for Id or ticket.

There are several ways security screening could take place when accessing the park that would not break the immersion. This wouldn’t even be necessary if guests were screened upon Hotel entry. No need for a strip search.

We still don't know how this hotel will really work. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't as structured as some thing.

Screening at hotel entry would require searching all the luggage, and then having to screen people re-entering from GE. Makes much more sense to screen as you enter the park. This can be done in an immersive manner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom