The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

We all make choices about what is right for us. You're comfortable with your approach, and certainly entitled to your own opinion. Me, on the other hand, will support any parent's decision to limit specific information about their children on any public forum.

Frankly, until recently, I never gave it too much thought before (I don't have kids). I've enjoyed all the funny stories about people's kids, photos, etc, posted on here. But, it is a new world now, in the sense that the internet opens the door to both good and bad experiences. (When you and I were growing up, the internet was there, but hadn't entered the "mainstream" American life.) To me, in today's world, I can understand why many parents are taking a more current review of precautions, for their kids. I'm sure the precautions vary from parent to parent, and all do what they think is best in their own situation.
Thanks for making me feel young, but, I'm afraid there was no internet when I was growing up. Transistor radios, with lousy sound and no range at all along with the game "Operation" were the electronic highlights of my time growing up. We figured we had gone about a far as we could go with technology.

21stamps

I never said explicitly about facebook.

Anyway, Remember you're talking to two ITs and one website moderator and We are protective and we worry about those who we know.

But Yeah... If you do not want to take the suggestions, fine by us. We're not your nannies after all. Well drop the subject and be done with it.
I was genuinely curious as to where a reverse searched photo of a child would lead.

21stamps

Hoping by this time tomorrow we will be in North Carolina. I figured out yesterday that with all the extra stuff I bought for staying in a camper rental, that we were sort of even with the cost of a stay in the cabins. Well we are doing it for the experience. Oh wait I didn’t consider tax. Nope, still ahead. :)

It’s going to be an amazing experience!!! Can’t wait to hear all about it! Safe travels! :)

21stamps

Thanks for making me feel young, but, I'm afraid there was no internet when I was growing up. Transistor radios, with lousy sound and no range at all along with the game "Operation" were the electronic highlights of my time growing up. We figured we had gone about a far as we could go with technology.

I went on a “classic game” spree a few years ago. Operation was one of my purchases.. it felt even more frustrating now than when I was a kid.
Infuriating Game!

Goofyernmost

I never said explicitly about facebook.

Anyway, Remember you're talking to two ITs and one website moderator and We are protective and we worry about those who we know.

But Yeah... If you do not want to take the suggestions, fine by us. We're not your nannies after all. Well drop the subject and be done with it.
Don't take this conversation personally. You are an IT expert and that means you do know the risks. It reminds me of my wife. Being a nurse, she saw all the terrible things that can happen to a human being medically. If one of the kids burped she would immediately revert to what ever worse case scenario that applied. We honestly spent more time in ER's then playgrounds. You do know what can happen, that is information that I appreciate, however, along with what could happen consideration has to be made about what the odds are, what situations have to line up to make is something that a regular person on WDWmagic, for example, are likely to encounter. Anything and everything is possible. We can improve our lives by not going into a panic over every possibility and instead just protect ourselves in and against those things that are likely to happen. Otherwise, we build ourselves into a personal prison that causes us to live in fear of everything. I don't see that as a good way to live. I will take measures that I think make many of those scenario's less that likely to happen, but, I refuse to encapsulate myself is some self imposed social incarceration.

Everyone has to do what is best for themselves, but, we, in this country have gone from the 'home of the brave' to a 'deep cave of scared of everything'. I just chose not to live that way. I might get bitten, but, I can think of no reason why anyone would find it beneficial to "come after me or my family". We are not part of the 1% which would be the only reason for anyone to put that much effort in the project!

93boomer

Premium Member
Hoping by this time tomorrow we will be in North Carolina. I figured out yesterday that with all the extra stuff I bought for staying in a camper rental, that we were sort of even with the cost of a stay in the cabins. Well we are doing it for the experience. Oh wait I didn’t consider tax. Nope, still ahead. :)
Yayyy be safe. We are having heavy rain this morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom