Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

Kman101

I think Monsters Inc in the parks in a big way could be very cool, but it has missed the boat, imho. A fantastic IP, but there are more creative things to be done in DHS.

Yeah. I mean, I'd take the door coaster any year, lol. But I agree the IP isn't the focus anymore. The time was when they were first bouncing it around, and when Monster's U came out. Another missed opportunity. I also think we should have had Cars Land where Star Wars is going, put Star Wars behind Star Tours/Indy/parking lot .... sigh. I could go on.

Disney Maddux

Because I'm too lazy to read through all 12 pages, can someone give me a recap on the current status of this?

Birthday #14 @ Pop Century   

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You meanie :c

...How do I do that? I know where signature is, but how do I put the countdown thing into it?

1526339375894.png

Copy and paste.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Let's see if this works...
EDIT: It works! :D

So, here's your recap:

Monstropolis was once a consideration. It was abandoned. Jim Hill keeps saying it's alive. Our insiders keep saying it ain't. Doesn't mean it can't be revived, but, for now, the only thing planned for DHS past SWL is maybe an update on the stage shows and maybe a one-off E-Ticket based on the Shanghai PotC tech reskinned for some unnamed IP.

Disney Maddux

So, here's your recap:

Monstropolis was once a consideration. It was abandoned. Jim Hill keeps saying it's alive. Our insiders keep saying it ain't. Doesn't mean it can't be revived, but, for now, the only thing planned for DHS past SWL is maybe an update on the stage shows and maybe a one-off E-Ticket based on the Shanghai PotC tech reskinned for some unnamed IP.
Alright, thank you! Do we have any idea of where this Shanghai PotC copy would go? Wait no, let me take a guess: Indiana Jones.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Indy is kind of a “dead franchise” at that point...so it would have to be a concerted effort across all segments to get to new ride status...from the surface of it.

Monsters U didn’t carry any momentum for that franchise...it was a bit disappointing if I recall to Disney/Pixar...so any idea they would invest a cool $500 mil in that smells like yesterday’s fish.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Indy is kind of a “dead franchise” at that point...so it would have to be a concerted effort across all segments to get to new ride status...from the surface of it.

Monsters U didn’t carry any momentum for that franchise...it was a bit disappointing if I recall to Disney/Pixar...so any idea they would invest a cool $500 mil in that smells like yesterday’s fish.

And yet, Ratatouille.

tomast

Yeah. I mean, I'd take the door coaster any year, lol. But I agree the IP isn't the focus anymore. The time was when they were first bouncing it around, and when Monster's U came out. Another missed opportunity. I also think we should have had Cars Land where Star Wars is going, put Star Wars behind Star Tours/Indy/parking lot .... sigh. I could go on.
I really dont understand how they build without thinking of possible expansions. If StarWars is a huge success, as it could be, the land will only have 2 new atractions, (HarryPotter land, open with 3 atractions and it was a huge succes so universal build a secon Harry Potter land connected to the first one).
Why do they build Toy Story land so close to Star wars land, both lands have infinite posibilities and both are a really big IPs, both of them could have their own seperate park and they would probably have more guest than AK, DHS or even Epcot *(Sw for sure). So why invest all that money to build them so close to each other not allowing future expansions!!

I really can´t see a future where Disney didnt need to open a new Star Wars/ Toy Story attraction and to find they miss the perfect spot in an adjacent space of both lands.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really dont understand how they build without thinking of possible expansions. If StarWars is a huge success, as it could be, the land will only have 2 new atractions, (HarryPotter land, open with 3 atractions and it was a huge succes so universal build a secon Harry Potter land connected to the first one).
Why do they build Toy Story land so close to Star wars land, both lands have infinite posibilities and both are a really big IPs, both of them could have their own seperate park and they would probably have more guest than AK, DHS or even Epcot *(Sw for sure). So why invest all that money to build them so close to each other not allowing future expansions!!

I really can´t see a future where Disney didnt need to open a new Star Wars/ Toy Story attraction and to find they miss the perfect spot in an adjacent space of both lands.

You mean “phase me” (3) and “phase more” (4) being “budgeted”??

That never made any sense...this is where the “sniff test” comes in...

If you look at what they built...and where...at least their unofficial stance is “that’s what you get”
There are always contingency innuendos and “spots”...but here it seems like a big time longshot.

They basically stayed in the park footprint. I don’t know why...but you can infer a lot from that. I think it would take a 10 mil influx paying $300 a ticket to get them to even think about it...and the park can’t handle that.

Some sage for your 🍗

JustInTime

Indy is far from dead. LMAO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Indy is far from dead. LMAO

“Kinda dead” is my term for “needing a revamp”...unlike Star Wars. I’m using dramatic license.

Not really much of an argument there.

If you’re 40 - cough - Indy is a fact is life...but younger/moving forward?

Don’t worry...I’m sure Kennedy will do great with a new movie...since Lucas/Spielberg already kinda bombed at it 😳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom