Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Alright, so after reading through all of this. I have come to this. (Please correct me if I got anything wrong):

- and Nemo MAYBE gets demolished for a re-located and upgraded Stunt Spectacular.

Nobody has said anything about Nemo in this recent update of rumors. And there never was a rumor it would be replaced by a stunt show. Nemo was on the block for a large scale re-doing of the Dino area, but, the latest is they're going for a more modest re-do, which would seem to keep Nemo safe for now.

And @Disneyhead'71 has already mentioned that DINOSAUR will be an INDY AND THE DINOSAUR ride (if rumors be true) and that the coaster will be an updated Excavator.

-The Shanghai Pirates tech gets its own ride, and it's a battle between DHS and Epcot. If for Epcot, most likely a new country or maybe for whatever is replacing WOL (if anything). And if in DHS, then definitely the replacement for the current Indy show? (And the IP isn't known at this point. Since Zootopia is looking less and less likely to come to DAK, something that would be cool is a ride through the rainforest section of Zootopia.)

If the Shanghai PotC tech goes to Epcot, we have no idea from any insider what the IP skin would be or where it would go. Same if it goes to DHS.

None of our insiders have ever said that Zootopia was considered for DAK or any place else. It was fanboi wishful thinking.

-FoP is getting a copy in one of three parks, and looking to be MK. It would most likely go into Tomorrowland to replace Stitch(?)

MK is excluded from the FoP contest. According to @marni1971, tentative plans for a FoP reskin have been batted down, for now.

Birthday #14 @ Pop Century   

You can put that in your signature so you don't have to keep manually putting it every post. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As part of Indy moving to Dinoland, Nemo will most likely be demo'd for a relocation of Stunt Spectacular.

Just because Indy is being added to DINOSAUR and may possibly be included in the updated Excavator, doesn't mean that the Indy Stunt Show will head to DAK. The same IP can appear in multiple parks (Toy Story in MK and DHS; Frozen in Epcot and DHS).

Disney Maddux

Nobody has said anything about Nemo in this recent update of rumors. And there never was a rumor it would be replaced by a stunt show. Nemo was on the block for a large scale re-doing of the Dino area, but, the latest is they're going for a more modest re-do, which would seem to keep Nemo safe for now.

And @Disneyhead'71 has already mentioned that DINOSAUR will be an INDY AND THE DINOSAUR ride (if rumors be true) and that the coaster will be an updated Excavator.

If the Shanghai PotC tech goes to Epcot, we have no idea from any insider what the IP skin would be or where it would go. Same if it goes to DHS.

None of our insiders have ever said that Zootopia was considered for DAK or any place else. It was fanboi wishful thinking.

MK is excluded from the FoP contest. According to @marni1971, tentative plans for a FoP reskin have been batted down, for now.

You can put that in your signature so you don't have to keep manually putting it every post. :)
1. Alright, so to recap: Nemo is safe for now, Dinosaur gets re-themed to Indy but Dinosaurs stay, and Primeval gets dumped for an Indy version of The Excavator coaster we were supposed to get when DAK but got cut due to budget reasons.

2. So, all we know is it's probably coming to Epcot or DHS, but no idea what the theme could be?... And I may or may not have been one of those fanboys. I'm sorry but it's just Zootopia is the #1 Disney film for me and I just really wanted to see more representation of it in the parks other than the two appearing in a parade and a once-a-year meet & greet. Sorry for any times I might've sounded angry at you.

3. Hm. So if it comes back up again, then where it goes really just depends on where they think is best for it?

4. Thanks, but I'm good :3

MerlinTheGoat

Would someone like to explain to me the logic of having both Indiana Jones AND real live Dinosaurs in the confines of same ride? I feel like I missed something. I realize that supernatural religious elements are a cornerstone of the original trilogy, and even (unfortunately) space aliens in the fourth (I think all of us would love to forget that). But what are they even going for here to explain this? Time travel? Or are they just going to rip off King Kong and have Indy stumble across an island where dinosaurs are still alive?

Can't say i'm particularly excited with this...

Disney Maddux

Would someone like to explain to me the logic of having both Indiana Jones AND real live Dinosaurs in the confines of same ride? I feel like I missed something. I realize that supernatural religious elements are a cornerstone of the original trilogy, and even (unfortunately) space aliens in the fourth (I think all of us would love to forget that). But what are they even going for here to explain this? Time travel? Or are they just going to rip off King Kong and have Indy stumble across an island where dinosaurs are still alive?

Can't say i'm particularly excited with this...
From what we've heard, most likely a time travel thing. And as someone else said, probably something along the lines of "Indiana Jones and the Lost World".

Disone

Just because Indy is being added to DINOSAUR and may possibly be included in the updated Excavator, doesn't mean that the Indy Stunt Show will head to DAK. The same IP can appear in multiple parks (Toy Story in MK and DHS; Frozen in Epcot and DHS).

Nemo at Epcot and DAK. Muppets at DHS and MK. OMG... the list goes on and on. Mickey Mouse in all four! :)

HauntedMansionFLA

Thanks!! You should do a rumors thread;)

britain

Well, this is a little odd, but as I think about it, the thing I like least about Dinosaur (aside from the deafening volume) is the darkness posing as wilderness. If you want to make an interior space feel like a primeval forest, you are going to need the kind of vast space they had in Universe of Energy.

Now, if they simply lit and painted each room in the attraction like a “crumbling temple room” that will earn an extra star in my book!

It will need to be an odd sort of “Dr. Jones Discovers Lost World” type of backstory. But that’s better than Dr. Seeker.

I approve.

Disone

Well, this is a little odd, but as I think about it, the thing I like least about Dinosaur (aside from the deafening volume) is the darkness posing as wilderness. If you want to make an interior space feel like a primeval forest, you are going to need the kind of vast space they had in Universe of Energy.

Now, if they simply lit and painted each room in the attraction like a “crumbling temple room” that will earn an extra star in my book!

It will need to be an odd sort of “Dr. Jones Discovers Lost World” type of backstory. But that’s better than Dr. Seeker.

I approve.

you just helped me accept this a bit more. Very well stated. Dr. Jones Discovers the Lost World vs. the current Dr. Seeker story. Color me interested.

britain

you just helped me accept this a bit more. Very well stated. Dr. Jones Discovers the Lost World vs. the current Dr. Seeker story. Color me interested.

Thanks - and if so, then that does justify his ARCHEOLOGY work going on here. He’s been putting together the clues leading to this lost Dinotopia civilization. No paleontologists required.

Hey, Lucky might even make another appearance!

BrianLo

I really tried to like Dinosaur, I know many do... but it just never comes together for me like Indiana Jones. In a former life I didn't even really know they were the same ride quite honestly, so it's not that colouring my opinion.

It's just too much of a jostle around the dark. There is a lot to be said about a ride having a score.

So even if it's still the same ride with Indiana's score instead of "oh no, they're not gonna make it, they're not gonna make it"... that's a win.

I would MUCH rather AK keeps something unique and actually thematically appropriate instead of Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Indiana Jones and the Lost World? I'm on board.

britain

In theory, all the Dino AA’s could make this most elaborate of the Indy Jeep rides, but it still might seem a bit ‘off’ if all the dangers are due to dinosaurs with nary a bug, snake, or booby-trap in sight. Hopefully there would still be some of that going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom