Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

jaxonp

The only LPS ride you should check out is Hunny Hunt at Tokyo.

I rode it last week. It’s okay. Obviously the best of the Pooh’s but again not as good as it’s marketed up to be. I think Gen 2 LPS that are coming will blow the current ones away and address many of the issues I have with them.

RSoxNo1

I rode it last week. It’s okay. Obviously the best of the Pooh’s but again not as good as it’s marketed up to be. I think Gen 2 LPS that are coming will blow the current ones away and address many of the issues I have with them.
It's a fun ride, but I enjoyed Ride and Go Seek (not LPS) just as much. The Hephalump sequence in Winnie the Pooh is a fantastic use of this tech though and Ratatouille doesn't have an equivalent.

Last edited:

voodoo321

Nazi Dinosaurs?
1526256315867.png

jaxonp

It's a fun ride, but I enjoyed Ride and Go Seek (not LPS) just as much. The Helphalump sequence in Winnie the Pooh is a fantastic use of this tech though and Ratatouille doesn't have an equivalent.

Like I said earlier, all there Disney LPS rides are completely different and have moments of brilliance and weakness. Before last week I had only ridden Rat but now I’ve conquered them all. Mystic Manor moves far too slowly for my liking and feels very let’s go from point a to point b and then ohh now it’s time for point c... the problem is, depending on where you load (cars 1-4) that you’ll end up seeing different, and not always equal, stuff. The ride seems to favor car 1 and 3. Especially in the final scene. If you’ve ridden it then you know exactly what I mean. Car 2 and 4 fly into the destruction room halfway through the destruction.

Pooh keeps a good momentum the entire time but the sets are classic old school Disney dark ride cardboard. There a some screen or projections masked into the sets pretty well on this ride. It’s fine and all and the effects are great but I want more out of these rides.

Rat seems to combine a bit of set, screen and action the best. Even if you hate screens, you see some value in how this was done but would have been better with a few more set pieces.

I believe the next iteration of these LPS rides will use elements from all three. Mickeys runaway railway and battle escape will definitely be LPS 2.0.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Now that Jurassic Park is getting a major refurbishment, Disney doesn't want to invest to make Dinosaur any better? Gimme a break. Now is the time to do it, stop re-skinning everything!

Indy doesn't belong in animal kingdom.. not that management has any concern for thematic integrity. Just advertise advertise advertise.

jaxonp

Welcome to the first day of your new life without any credibility what so ever.

I enjoy your opinion but mine is relevent, first hand, recent and shared by others in my party whom have also been to all the parks and ridden all the rides in the world. And bonus I’m doing all the parks in 6 month. So your basis is, just your opinion as is mine. Cool.

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

Alright, so after reading through all of this. I have come to this. (Please correct me if I got anything wrong):

-Indy is looking to take his adventure over to DAK. Which would mean Dinosaur gets rethemed to Temple of Forbidden Eye, Dino-Rama gets demolished for a copy of the Indy coaster they have in Paris(?), and Nemo MAYBE gets demolished for a re-located and upgraded Stunt Spectacular.

-The Shanghai Pirates tech gets its own ride, and it's a battle between DHS and Epcot. If for Epcot, most likely a new country or maybe for whatever is replacing WOL (if anything). And if in DHS, then definitely the replacement for the current Indy show? (And the IP isn't known at this point. Since Zootopia is looking less and less likely to come to DAK, something that would be cool is a ride through the rainforest section of Zootopia.)

-FoP is getting a copy in one of three parks, and looking to be MK. It would most likely go into Tomorrowland to replace Stitch(?)

Once again, please correct me if I got anything wrong.

Birthday #14 @ Pop Century   

HauntedMansionFLA

Alright, so after reading through all of this. I have come to this. (Please correct me if I got anything wrong):

-Indy is looking to take his adventure over to DAK. Which would mean Dinosaur gets rethemed to Temple of Forbidden Eye, Dino-Rama gets demolished for a copy of the Indy coaster they have in Paris(?), and Nemo MAYBE gets demolished for a re-located and upgraded Stunt Spectacular.

-The Shanghai Pirates tech gets its own ride, and it's a battle between DHS and Epcot. If for Epcot, most likely a new country or maybe for whatever is replacing WOL (if anything). And if in DHS, then definitely the replacement for the current Indy show? (And the IP isn't known at this point. Since Zootopia is looking less and less likely to come to DAK, something that would be cool is a ride through the rainforest section of Zootopia.)

-FoP is getting a copy in one of three parks, and looking to be MK. It would most likely go into Tomorrowland to replace Stitch(?)

You got it 100% correct!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Disneyhead'71

The Indy make over of Dinosaur won't be a clone of Temple of the Forbidden Eye. It will be a new story, possibly including dinosaurs. And I have heard the coaster isn't raging spirits, but a new version of The Excavator.

At least that's the RUMOR I heard today.

Hobnail Boot

The Indiana Jones Adventure is my all time favorite ride and for years I've been wanting it to come to WDW... But not like this. If it was part of a South America themed land at DAK then I would be ok with it (even though I feel it belongs at DHS and not DAK). But... Not dinosaurs. I mean seriously. Who thinks this stuff up?!

CanadianGordon

Honestly Finding Nemo the musical is quite delightful and packs them in. Disney needs to STOP replacing things that aren't broken, and instead focus on 20 year old shows that are.
DHS needs far more love.
It also seems strange they'd reskin Dinosaur itself after JUST spending money to spiff it up again.

Oh and when is that Yeti being fixed again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom