Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

IMDREW

Can’t the shanghai pirates boat tech be used for two different rides in two different parks? Disney does it all the time. Even the same system multiple times in the same park! And I’m all for a South America with an Indy ride, but something tells me they’d want a real Indy land and not just a ride..

FigmentJedi

Good thing George's first idea didn't pan out. And as someone else on here more clearly stated; paleontology isn't archaeology. Perhaps George eventually realized this. Now it's TDO's turn.
Even though he's an archaeologist, Indiana Jones is primarily based on paleontologist Roy Chapman Andrews, who did a lot of work in Mongolia, which inspired an Indiana Jones book where he meets a living Triceratops in that neck of the woods.
Also, the whole "Lost World full of dinosaurs and extinct beasts" was a staple of the pulp adventure stories that Indiana Jones belongs to as a genre.

Fox&Hound

If they want to put Indy in AK, I am sure they will find a way to make it fit. Plus- who know what the plot of the latest Indy will be? Indy meets dinosaurs? Disney will think of something....

doctornick

In principle, I wouldn't have much of a problem with a South America (for example) land at DAK that had appropriate animals and nature themes with proper placemaking and having that land have an Indiana Jones ride as part of it. I'm not so hardcore that I feel that every single thing in DAK has to explicitly revolve around animals.

That said, I think my main issue is sacrificing a dinosaur area to get that -- dinosaurs and paleontology deserve a place in the park and the park needs expansions, not replacement.

Kman101

In principle, I wouldn't have much of a problem with a South America (for example) land at DAK that had appropriate animals and nature themes with proper placemaking and having that land have an Indiana Jones ride as part of it. I'm not so hardcore that I feel that every single thing in DAK has to explicitly revolve around animals.

That said, I think my main issue is sacrificing a dinosaur area to get that -- dinosaurs and paleontology deserve a place in the park and the park needs expansions, not replacement.

Right there with you on this.

Mike S

Lol good one, I mean the estimate price on the new pirates tech ride from Shanghai
tenor.gif

Disneyhead'71

I have not been able to confirm this current info, but the unverified rumor mill is saying yes to Indy but not the big S. Am. pitch. Dinos staying. And Dinorama gets replaced with a new version of the Excavator coaster.

That leaves the Shanghai PotC ride system still up in the air.

So an upgraded dino E Ticket slathered in a popular IP and a coaster. Why does this plan sound so familiar?

Last edited:

Clopin Trouillefou

I have not been able to confirm this current info, but the unverified rumor mill is saying yes to Indy but not the big S. Am. pitch. Dinos staying. And Dinorama gets replaced with a new version of the Excavator coaster.

is there any chance in the world this could be done around(ish) the time star wars land opens? if so I could see the appeal, otherwise they're gonna end up with another park with 5 rides, which is obscene.

999th Happy Haunt

So an upgraded dino E Ticket slathered in a popular IP and a coaster. Why does this plan sound so familiar?
Wait so is Dino staying in it’s current form or is it having an IP integrated? And where exactly would Indy be going?

cookiee_munster

Does the whole Dinosaur ride going actually have any credibility? i just don't understand how they could remove something that's really quite popular, not to mention the whole dinosaur theme... I thought Animal Kingdom was all about exploring animals and species from past, present, and fiction/fantasy

Unless they have some kind of indiana jones/lost continent thing going on where he comes across a land filled with dino's?

There's quite a large area in animal kingdom that's crying out for a new land, i was hoping Indy would go there with a south american theme...

FigmentJedi

Does the whole Dinosaur ride going actually have any credibility? i just don't understand how they could remove something that's really quite popular, not to mention the whole dinosaur theme... I thought Animal Kingdom was all about exploring animals and species from past, present, and fiction/fantasy

Unless they have some kind of indiana jones/lost continent thing going on where he comes across a land filled with dino's?

There's quite a large area in animal kingdom that's crying out for a new land, i was hoping Indy would go there with a south american theme...
I think Mission Breakout clearly sent a message that nothing is safe anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom