News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

CaptainAmerica

That ad would never be an advantage for me. I cancel/change dates/have things come up way too often to book a non refundable vacation, anywhere.
That's why I have to fly Southwest. I don't particularly like it, but I need to have the flexibility to cancel and reschedule a few times.

I'm stressing out big time about our 2019 Disneyland trip. I think we're going to have to fly United to get from Boston to LAX at a decent price.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's why I have to fly Southwest. I don't particularly like it, but I need to have the flexibility to cancel and reschedule a few times.

I'm stressing out big time about our 2019 Disneyland trip. I think we're going to have to fly United to get from Boston to LAX at a decent price.
Try pricing BOS to SNA.

pug

It can cost WDW next to nothing to enforce ---Hire one night security guard at minimum wage to walk the parking lot looking for cars without paper parking passes (issued at check in) with the date of arrival and the checkout date. Ticket, boot,tow cars without passes and those expired One guard 8 hour shift $100 All the rest of the parking fees profit.
Yeah but Disney wouldn’t do this because of all of the Rental cars.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Got one at Boardwalk during Dark Side. They weren't allowing anyone other than guests to park. Yep, first paper pass I've seen in years.

I asked once at WL. Guard told me if I really wanted one, I could get it at the Front desk. I think I've stopped at the Front Desk only once since they started texting your room number...and that's because I hadn't gotten the text yet.

May have to get one for our weekend stay before the member cruise in July. Port Canaveral stopped pre-paid parking in January and I don't want to risk not getting a parking space at the garage near Disney's terminal. So we're taking the cruise bus and leaving my SIL's brand new Forrester at the resort. Would hate to come back and find his car has been towed.

jakeman

I asked once at WL. Guard told me if I really wanted one, I could get it at the Front desk. I think I've stopped at the Front Desk only once since they started texting your room number...and that's because I hadn't gotten the text yet.

May have to get one for our weekend stay before the member cruise in July. Port Canaveral stopped pre-paid parking in January and I don't want to risk not getting a parking space at the garage near Disney's terminal. So we're taking the cruise bus and leaving my SIL's brand new Forrester at the resort. Would hate to come back and find his car has been towed.
I've never prepaid at Canaveral and never had an issue.

Have you run into problems?

EOD K9

What resort are you staying in prior to the cruise.

Lensman

Wait till the gondola system and Star Wars Land come around
Do you think they'll need to do any additional upgrades to the rooms or amenities at Pop or Animation to support these higher prices? They can't change the room size but people may *want* to pay more and get more luxury.

That said, the renovated Pop rooms look a *lot* better than the old Pop rooms. And the family suites at Animation sure have a lot of charm. I wonder if they'll create any Star Wars family suites for peeps who love Star Wars but don't want full immersion?

wannabeBelle

We really showed them didn't we! All this griping and complaining really did a lot of good. :rolleyes:
Resort occupancy is up 2% to 90% and guest spending is up. Don't be surprised when you see even more fees and price increases until demand drops.
Ah but 90% of what?? There are a bunch of rooms that are no longer available either due to refurbs being done on them, or in the case of CSR and CBR being taken out completely to build new structures. There are a lot of room refurbs currently happening around the property, so what is the number of available rooms vs previous years when this was not an issue? 90% of 100 rooms is a LOT fewer than 90% of 1000 rooms. Just sayin' Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom