Unpopular WDW Opinions

TrojanUSC

Yes, that exactly. There are very very few items I crave out of the blue from WDW as far as food goes. There are some, don't get me wrong, but in general, its pretty plain. Take Yak and Yeti for example. The Kobe burger rare/medium, is awesome .. good sauce, toppings, and everything just kind of works on the plate nicely together. Then, you have a laundry list of fairly generic, and medicore done wok stuff, a decent app or two. My dad had the Korean ribs and I tried one on one of the visits, and it was fairly tasty, not like ask for more but .. decent.

I am far from a food snob, but over the years have figured out how to recognize a good dish and what one tastes like. Its kind of hit and miss, sometimes I have to go back to the same place a couple times and try different things before I find something that i couldn't make at home.

Yak and Yeti isn't a Disney restaurant, so even that is better than much of the Disney-owned fare. The Disney Dining Plan really caused some serious damage as it related to the food offerings. Now with guests pre-paying for their food, they were free to cut choices, homogenize menus (ever wonder why all of the French fries and many of the dinner rolls look the same or why there's only a couple choices on each non-signature menu?).

Hockey89

Or, those who aren’t literally brain dead might just get over it and stop whining and complaining that their precious amusement park time got ever so slightly interrupted by someone in a scooter whom they don’t deem scooter-worthy. GTFOOH with your first world problem BS.
Making friends as always...

JusticeDisney

Reading comprehension does seem to be an issue. I never said anything about inspecting anybody as they enter the park. Seriously, you need to stop just regurgitating anything you imagine as fact.
We all know what you said. And you own it now no matter how ridiculous your position was and no matter how much you try to back pedal now.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

So what do you suggest for those of us who medically need them?
Would you be against the idea of them actually being prescribed by a DR. and that way people wouldn't be able to abuse a system? I'm honestly asking that and not trying to be a smug jerk. It just seems like those things are a hot button issue to people and maybe if folks knew they were actually medically "necessary" then people wouldn't feel so stigmatized by using one and people wouldn't be so irritated by their presence.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

No pitchforks needed. It is super basic supply and demand. You move price around, and the other two fluctuate. The most simplistic way to decrease demand is to increase price.
I honestly can't believe anyone believes that Disney wants LESS people in the parks. I think it's a very harsh reality that the powers that be couldn't care less if we have a good time or not. They just want the money. That is literally why they exist. I can't imagine ANY business wanting LESS people visiting them. Pixar Land, Galaxy's Edge, Tron, GOTG, multiple new hotels, a new fireworks show, and things like that don't scream "HEY PEOPLE! DON'T COME HERE!" they scream "Hey people! Come here and if you only get to experience one of these things as long as we get to keep your money we will be fine!" I'm not saying I wish the crowds weren't smaller. I I very much wish the crowds were smaller but from Disney's perspective I can't imagine them actually wanting less people in their parks and resorts. Even DVC prices are much more expensive than when we joined the first year of BLT but even the vast majority of points are spoken for in no time at most of these resorts. There's just an incredible demand for Disney now and I do think Disney is hearing the complaints and try to alleviate the "stress" of the crowds but even that comes with a price. "Think the buses are overcrowded? Well give us $20 and we'll drive you over." "Think the parks are overcrowded and EMH aren't for you? Well give us more than the price of admission and we'll let you stay in for a few hours with less crowds." So basically Disney is even monetizing frustration if you want to get right down to it.

Willmark

I honestly can't believe anyone believes that Disney wants LESS people in the parks.
I’m unaware anyone making that point in the thread. Can you direct me to where anyone said that?

I think it's a very harsh reality that the powers that be couldn't care less if we have a good time or not.
They don’t.

So basically Disney is even monetizing frustration if you want to get right down to it.
Indeed they are.

There is also (probably) the angle of they are doing so because there are people who will pay to avoid lines, probably a lot. But they can just come out and do it without being “fair”.

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

Would you be against the idea of them actually being prescribed by a DR. and that way people wouldn't be able to abuse a system? I'm honestly asking that and not trying to be a smug jerk. It just seems like those things are a hot button issue to people and maybe if folks knew they were actually medically "necessary" then people wouldn't feel so stigmatized by using one and people wouldn't be so irritated by their presence.
Me? No, however, handicapped parking passes can be extremely easy to get with a doctor's note so this may not be much different... It may reduce the possible abuse somewhat because of this extra step....

Goofyernmost

Reading comprehension does seem to be an issue. I never said anything about inspecting anybody as they enter the park. Seriously, you need to stop just regurgitating anything you imagine as fact.
They weren't saying that you said that. They were saying that based on your ability to determine who needs one and who doesn't, that perhaps you should screen everyone if they attempt to rent a scooter to be sure that they are not "working the system". You sound like certain people in our society now who get caught in a situation where they have said something a large degree less then intelligent and try to push the problem on the person you are attacking. Not cool! You were wrong in your statement so just own it and learn from it instead of trying to justify by making a fool of yourself.

The Fact: You have no way of knowing who needs one and who doesn't, so how about not attempting to be clairvoyant and just let people live their life the way they need too. I'm sure they will be willing to allow you to enjoy yourself without being erroneously critical of what you need or don't need. Just because you have an opinion does not mean that you are correct in that opinion.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I’m unaware anyone making that point in the thread. Can you direct me to where anyone said that?

They don’t.

Indeed they are.

There is also (probably) the angle of they are doing so because there are people who will pay to avoid lines, probably a lot. But they can just come out and do it without bring “fair”.
It was in response to someone saying that Disney has raised prices incrementally and some think it is to alleviate crowd sizes. A guy my wife works with said he thinks they need to raise prices to get less people to come but I don't think Disney's intent is to get less people to come. I think the price hikes are a result of a Gondola system, 2 new lands, multiple new attractions, and multiple new hotels. Those projects are now making their way to the consumer via a price hike. Also didn't their employees even just get a raise on their new union contract as well? All of that stuff WILL result in a price hike and I could actually see the crowd sizes resulting in a price hike to compensate for the amount of staffing necessary to meet the demand but I don't think Disney will ever raise prices to alleviate crowds because I honestly don't think Disney wants to actually alleviate crowds. I do think they want to alleviate the stress brought on by the crowds though but only in the sense that if people do start getting tired of the crowds they will stop spending their money there. It's all gonna come down to money for Disney or any business.

JusticeDisney

They weren't saying that you said that. They were saying that based on your ability to determine who needs one and who doesn't, that perhaps you should screen everyone if they attempt to rent a scooter to be sure that they are not "working the system". You sound like certain people in our society now who get caught in a situation where they have said something a large degree less then intelligent and try to push the problem on the person you are attacking. Not cool! You were wrong in your statement so just own it and learn from it instead of trying to justify by making a fool of yourself.

The Fact: You have no way of knowing who needs one and who doesn't, so how about not attempting to be clairvoyant and just let people live their life the way they need too. I'm sure they will be willing to allow you to enjoy yourself without being erroneously critical of what you need or don't need. Just because you have an opinion does not mean that you are correct in that opinion.
Check. Mate.

mf1972

Adults at MK without kids is weird (there are very rare exceptions)
my wife & i have been going since our honeymoon & we don’t have any kids. we’d like to think we’re 1 of those rare exceptions.
that’s what the voices in my head say anyway...:cautious:

jloucks

We all know what you said. And you own it now no matter how ridiculous your position was and no matter how much you try to back pedal now.

No, I don't think we do. At least, not after you got done selectively removing key parts of the conversation.

here, let me refresh your memory....

If you medically need them, that's different. So long as you can safely drive the things. If you would rent a traditional wheelchair were scooters not available (like pre 2000's), you're very likely legit.

After the end of the long day, all of our legs hurt. Our knees ache. Our backs are stiff. Our ankles crackle. Our toes and heels get blisters. Our crotches get red from where the underwear rubs all day. If any of those ailments are the medical reasons you are referring to, you don't need a scooter. You want one. And that is what I would like banned.

Add to that bus line cutting privilege (and the 4-1 bus capacity consumption), and you have another good reason.

So, on the topic of reading comprehension, go ahead, and s l o w l y read my post. Read the first sentence. Now, one more time. What part of "if you medically need them, that's different" don't you understand? The medically part?

The second paragraph is a bit more complicated. It states that if you get a scooter just because you are sore, which is normal, like the rest of us, you don't need a scooter. As in, if you don't medically need one. Now the "if you don't medically need one" part is implied. This implication is impossible to comprehend if you skip the first sentence. Which you did. Which is the source of your reading comprehension issue. If it helps, you can wrap up by reading the first sentence again.

You cannot comprehend my post while simultaneously pretending the first sentence does not exist. That is not how reading comprehension works. You have to absorb the entirety of the content. You cannot just chose a paragraph, and expect to understand.

joejccva71

Oh, this should be fun....

• Scooters should be banned
  • All forms of admission should be doubled in price (and then tripled if crowds don't diminish)
  • Buses should be upgraded to coaches and a fee could charged to keep lines down
  • If you have kids, you are not allowed to come to the park without (unless they insist)
  • Adults at MK without kids is weird (there are very rare exceptions)
  • Dole Whips are meh
  • Children should not be allowed to board parents shoulders right before a parade starts
  • Pirates of the Caribbean ride should change with the times to be less offensive to people
  • Soarin is meh
  • Universal is just as good as WDW, overall.
  • I have no problem with strollers

Jloucks generally I agree with alot of your posts, but WHY are you so unbelievably critical about adults that go to Disney or to MK or to any park without kids?? I remember the first time I saw you answer one of my posts, you told me it would be extremely weird if I took a solo trip when LOTS of people take solo trips.

Now it's weird if a couple goes and don't have kids?

What if I had kids, but they didn't want to ride Rockin Rollercoaster or Space Mountain so I went alone on that? Am I still a weirdo?

jloucks

They weren't saying that you said that. They were saying that based on your ability to determine who needs one and who doesn't, that perhaps you should screen everyone if they attempt to rent a scooter to be sure that they are not "working the system".

Ability? You mean my out of context, common sense, example of what a human body feels like after walking all day long? How normal does not mean a need for a scooter? That opinion/ability? The giant insane leap from that to, I am somehow qualified to guard a gate and check everybody out, is ludicrous.

Sure you do. The same system that manages handicapped parking legitimacy.

I know by "you" you meant, me. I never said I knew. I stated what is normal. Normal means, 'most people'. Not 'everybody'.

Seriously, have you ever heard me state I have magical powers? I would hope if I had such powers, it would not be this awkward ability.

Last edited:

jloucks

Jloucks generally I agree with alot of your posts, but WHY are you so unbelievably critical about adults that go to Disney or to MK or to any park without kids?? I remember the first time I saw you answer one of my posts, you told me it would be extremely weird if I took a solo trip when LOTS of people take solo trips.

Now it's weird if a couple goes and don't have kids?

What if I had kids, but they didn't want to ride Rockin Rollercoaster or Space Mountain so I went alone on that? Am I still a weirdo?

Yikes, I never meant to be "unbelievably critical". From 1 to 10, 10 being super weird, I would peg this at about a 2. Far from unbelievable.

In another tread on this exact topic, I even shared some of the weird stuff I get up to. I have gone to a Star Trek convention. That's a 4 right there. I went in uniform. ....and now I am at a 6. I have you beat so far!

My point being, if being weird hurts no one, then don't worry about it. Most of us are a little weird, and those that are not, are often boring.

jloucks

I'm going to reopen the thread. I expect all of you to behave like adults - no insults allowed! And please try not to be offended when none is intended - but also be thoughtful about how your post might "read" to someone else.

Dang, now I have to respond to more...... content. :p;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom