Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am surprised that they didn't get the hotel ready to open at the same time. Then, they could have sold the option of "private SWL previews" for guests staying at the hotel. Then, they could have made the hotel rooms a "premium booking fee" to maximize intake.

I think it's still the plan to have the SWR open at the same time as SWL. And it seems most likely that part of the two-day LARP of being at the SWR means access to SWL with either FPs or during EMHs.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am surprised that they didn't get the hotel ready to open at the same time. Then, they could have sold the option of "private SWL previews" for guests staying at the hotel. Then, they could have made the hotel rooms a "premium booking fee" to maximize intake.
I think it's still the plan to have the SWR open at the same time as SWL. And it seems most likely that part of the two-day LARP of being at the SWR means access to SWL with either FPs or during EMHs.

They wanted the hotel open for SWL but it couldn’t be done quick enough.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

ToTBellHop

In other news, I've heard the autonomous droids have been cut from SWGE opening day, due to time constraints.

Disney has done a ton of hiring, research, and patent work in this area. It's disappointing they couldn't get it done to schedule.
I only hope this doesn't become one of those "delayed" projects that never comes. If the land opens and it's a smashing success (and I'm sure it will be), it's too easy to call it a day.

lentesta

Premium Member
There's been a lot of discussion about the rides in Galaxy's Edge, but not a lot about the interactive elements of the land. I found two videos from around 2014-2015, the first before the Star Wars lands were announced, where Scott Trowbridge talks about what WDI's been working on in an attempt to enable guests to take a more active role in Disney's parks. They state similar things, but the first video is much more in depth. The relevant material starts around 25:35 in the first video. The whole second video is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what they do with things like Story Engine in Star Wars land!

This explains a lot of the other Disney Research projects I’ve seen. Thanks!

donsullivan

Premium Member
As I understood it, they can’t start major construction on the hotel until the new parking entrance is complete and they close the current entrance from World Drive & Osceola Parkway. That entrance road crosses the property where the hotel will be built. Like all big projects, certain components can’t start until others are completed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom