The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Incoming photo bombardment-

View attachment 279760View attachment 279761View attachment 279762View attachment 279763View attachment 279764View attachment 279765View attachment 279766View attachment 279767View attachment 279768View attachment 279769

I don’t know why my FunPix account won’t allow me to download. Their customer service department doesn’t open til 9am.

T requested Diamondback first.. the very front seat. Hands up the whole time!! Then we did it again in the very back- and of course he requested that we dab for the photo.

We also did the 3 other 54” rides. I was SO FREAKED out on Firehawk. Couldn’t see him and kept thinking he would fall out. I basically screamed to him “Don’t fall out! Hold on! OH MY Gahhhhhhhhh!” the entire ride.. the 2 men in our row were cracking up at me and kept telling me to calm down. T was screaming “This is EPIC!!” “Oh YEA!”
I may have overreacted just a bit. BUT- I feel like I’m going to fall out. I know, it’s irrational. He’s tall enough, so it’s safe.
My goodness, T looks so big now! My 7 year old will be going on SM for the first time this trip and I am freaked because I won't be able to hold her. You have more faith in physics than I do.

21stamps

Looks like a great day!! Did they cut your candied apple for you?? Who can we pay at Disney to offer that??

I'm the same way, lol. I can't help it. I have to have something going on because i can't sit still in life.

Yes! They always ask you if you want the Apple sliced or whole. They’re at a candy store called The Sweet Spot. We always have a tough time deciding between caramel apples or fresh made fudge..so many flavors. It’s our fave store at KI ;). Definitely make a stop there on your way out of the park.

I prefer the regular caramel apples with nuts, or the Apple Pie (delicious!) but T wanted to try the m&m one.. it was too sweet for me. 116AD988-466B-43C2-A913-9BC8DBAEDBBB.jpeg

That’s exactly how I feel!

21stamps

@21stamps How did your sister's trip finish up?
Perfectly! It only rained one full day while they were there.. and a couple of days in Clearwater. They continued their luck at the beach as well.. Sugar Sand Festival was going on. It looked really neat! They also went to visit Winter and Hope again. The kids love seeing them, Dolphin Tale is one of their fave movies. T keeps asking me to take him, but we’re just never on the west coast.

21stamps

My goodness, T looks so big now! My 7 year old will be going on SM for the first time this trip and I am freaked because I won't be able to hold her. You have more faith in physics than I do.

I was scared on the Firehawk ride. The two men in our row were seriously cracking up.. they kept calling to me- “He’s ok! He’s loving it. Just enjoy the ride! You’ll be ok!”

They high fived T after it was over..and asked me if I needed a paper bag :hilarious:

I’ve been on that ride before, it’s fun.. but if some of you remember put Slingshot ride when T was 5, I was the same way on that!! I hate when I can’t see him!!

Your daughter is going to love Space Mountain!!!! Just put her in the seat in front of you. :). Can’t wait to hear about it!

21stamps

If anyone hasn’t been on a flying coaster.. here’s why I freaked out..

You leave the station like this, on your back. We were in the very first row.

Then you go up the hill and can’t see anything except for the sky above you..
F8A2FD2E-E781-411C-91EE-CAD5D5B879B0.jpeg

Then you SLOWLY start to go down the first hill, on your back.. your whole body slides and pushes against the shoulder restraints while you’re head first., that’s the first time I freaked out that he would slide out.
E77A5044-7D59-4F5A-BA43-356DA083B35C.png

D67C7F8C-2DC5-4E7F-8F21-7153E8DDEFCD.jpeg

Then you twist face first staring at the ground “flying” and continue on like that, then flipping back and forth. Now your body weight is literally all pushed against the restraints, back no longer touching the seat.
See the leg restraints? I kept thinking that his legs were too small and must have come loose.. I was a hot mess, no question.
I’ll do better next time. ;)
5B3A555F-76A6-40DE-B34D-8D8B8F7A09C6.jpeg9464BC29-1DD9-418C-854F-FF48E761947C.jpeg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Oh and @dryerlintfan , make sure A is familiar with the Peanuts characters before you go to KI. We saw all of them out and about in Planet Snoopy yesterday. I think you can book a lunch with them as well. The characters don’t talk when taking photos..but they’ll dance with a kid, hug, high five, etc.

It's officially warmer weather time, so our screen time will be severely decreased. I don't think we turned the TV on once for her this weekend, lol. So the chances of familiarizing her with the characters are pretty slim, but I'm sure she'll have fun anyway!

And if she hates it, at least we can get a candied apple!

MySmallWorldof4

I wish I would realize that when I'm tired and been pushing myself, that I'm easy to be overly sensitive or grouchy. I snapped at my daughter this morning for something that was so "small". Then I ended up apologizing. Like I said, I wish I was wise enough to see it coming and prevent the problem before I step into it.
WHAT DO ANY OF YOU WISH TODAY?
That life stays normal.

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 279796

Then you SLOWLY start to go down the first hill, on your back.. your whole body slides and pushes against the shoulder restraints while you’re head first., that’s the first time I freaked out that he would slide out.
View attachment 279798

View attachment 279797

Then you twist face first staring at the ground “flying” and continue on like that, then flipping back and forth. Now your body weight is literally all pushed against the restraints, back no longer touching the seat.
See the leg restraints? I kept thinking that his legs were too small and must have come loose.. I was a hot mess, no question.
View attachment 279799View attachment 279800
Me and something like that would be NEVER!

StarWarsGirl

View attachment 279796

View attachment 279798

View attachment 279797

View attachment 279799View attachment 279800
5f543982fa40f8e948be748a09becff0.gif

MouseDreaming

When you’re in a hurry, only have a few hours to make a cake.. and have to sacrifice the one you wanted to bake for the one you have time to bake, no time for fondant and ball shaped cakes. Just added the finishing touch. It works.. I think he’ll be plenty happy with it. :)
View attachment 279211
View attachment 279210

Next year I’m just going to place orders instead of fooling myself with what my shedule allows, or doesn’t allow.. for sure!
Seriously, that looks amazing. Great job!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's how Silicon Valley rolls. I remember as a kid my parents avoiding San Jose because it was "sketchy". Not anymore.

Yeah, my great grandfather lived in San Jose (Campbell) and we definitely felt it was sketchy all the way up until around 2000 or so. The city felt really safe around then, and we explored everywhere with no issues.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Happy to report, the weather is starting to turn to spring! 60's yesterday, today and tomorrow. We won't talk about after that, right now.

It's 65 outside right now. I'm ITCHING to change over our clothes and start figuring out what I need to shop for to prepare for summer with A.... but I also live in Ohio and who knows, it might snow next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom