News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Because they are the darlings of WDW. They’re given special access and treatment as long as they keep saying nice things about the rat.

Don't believe the lie. The DIS produces some scathing reviews. And sometimes they're invited to press junkets and sometimes not.

Not a one gets something like unlimited access or an AP which is only a drop in the bucket compared to a Club 33 membership. If they don't get that, the surely don't get something worth hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years.

Horizons1

Don't believe the lie. The DIS produces some scathing reviews. And sometimes they're invited to press junkets and sometimes not.

Not a one gets something like unlimited access or an AP which is only a drop in the bucket compared to a Club 33 membership. If they don't get that, the surely don't get something worth hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years.

Well good. That makes me happy.

ToTBellHop

I wonder if they’ll even do a DPB post. They don’t seem to want the bourgeoisie to hear about it.

bigrigross

Because they are the darlings of WDW. They’re given special access and treatment as long as they keep saying nice things about the rat.

You apparently havent been watching their news videos the last few months have you? Pete Werner has been blowing up on Disneys qualities and standards. The episode they talked about charging for parking, his head about blew off... I mean some of their stuff can be cheesy, but within the last year, I have to say they have been becoming very critical of the parks. At least from their youtube stuff.

Horizons1

You apparently havent been watching their news videos the last few months have you? Pete Werner has been blowing up on Disneys qualities and standards. The episode they talked about charging for parking, his head about blew off... I mean some of their stuff can be cheesy, but within the last year, I have to say they have been becoming very critical of the parks. At least from their youtube stuff.

I used to keep up with these people as a way of staying up to date with what was going on, but once I saw what they had become I removed myself completely.

ABQ

I love Pete Werner. He’s not afraid to call Disney out on stuff that needs to be called out. I tend to nod my head in agreement with almost everything he says.
He was especially good at ripping into them for what certainly appeared to be seriously under staffing events like Flower and Garden leading to stupid long lines with no cast members manning empty cash registers.

bhg469

Nah, the access most of the time comes from the fans of the vlogs that want to feel special and they invite their favorite youtube celebrity. Whenever the big ones show up to events, its because someone from a travel agency or a real review site brought them as their guest.

fngoofy

But it’s a very small, finite amount of people, not sure enough to warrant the operating costs of 4 clubs. I understand there are more perks besides dining/drinking in an exclusive environment but these people have already been catered to in the parks (and for the money they spent on their homes, rightfully so) that I don’t think even they will see the reason to shell out the money to join this, and from what I heard they haven’t really jumped at the bit yet. But with all exclusive clubs, all it takes is one then everyone has to do it.
Not to sound snarky, but I think WDW knows where the $$$ are. If they are doing this it is because they've studied it out and there is a demand.

deWild

I think I asked this before in this thread, but don't remember receiving an answer. Anyone heard where the Club 33 in AK will be?

ABQ

Sort of a boring location within the AK, but I suppose it's all they have. Would rather something hidden upstairs within Harambe or the like. Off the side of Dinoland just is rather meh, imho. Though as I can't afford it, who cares what I think?

pdude81

Here's an update on the alleged location at Magic Kingdom:

So that definitely is a door leading out to another (as yet unbuilt) deck area. I am starting to think that the fully green area to the left will be floor to ceiling windows and then a small deck outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom