News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rle4lunch

I agree to a point but I also think they understand what filler is. not everything you build should be an E ticket or (advertising as such) you need stuff to flesh out the parks. they needed a counter balance to the potter stuff. granted kongs que is great reminds me of little mermaid...amazing que and than oh.

yeah, kong kinda stinks. BIG buildup to a very mediocre ride experience.

rle4lunch

Your description sounded like the NFL rides :)

Ahhh gotcha. I did feel that way after being stationed in San Diego for5years, going to DL 4-5 times a year, then being at MK the week that NFL opened (minus 7DMT) and riding mermaid there. I was like "wow, what a GREAT queue, but is it merited for such a hum drum ride?"

At first I thought they had added something more to the ride itself, but alas, it was straight up clone of DCA's...

celluloid

to be fair potter hasn't actually concluded....hogsmead than diagon ally now the dueling dragons replacement? I think transformers is also great. the que is nice enough and the ride is fun. the details are also nice (like the combat evidence at unload)

To further your point all that is mentioned in that list has happened within ten years of what is happening now. Two major theme park lands with innovative E-tickets and more in less than a decade within two parks and plenty of onsite infrastructure and land expanding going on as well.

Phineas

...I think transformers is also great. the que is nice enough and the ride is fun. the details are also nice (like the combat evidence at unload)

Man, I really seem to be in the minority on this one-but I found the Transformers ride to be hilariously awful. (Like-I was actually laughing at it.) Nothing but screens as far as the eye can see, and an unrelenting barrage of noise being thrown at you at all times, much like the source material. And it's all packed into one of the lowest-effort queues I've ever been through-switchbacks and concrete. The screens weren't even integrated well into the sets for my liking, and never once was my brain like "Yes, I'm in a real place right now. I hope Hugo Weaving saves the day."

I even read reviews of the ride online, and was shocked that people loved it, and were only too happy to wait in long opening-day lines multiple times.

For me, Transformers is the Spider-Man ride, done worse, and painted a slightly different shade of blue.

Again, I realize this is an unpopular opinion. I'm not bashing you, or anyone that enjoys this attraction. It's just not for me, or anyone I rode with for that matter.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Man, I really seem to be in the minority on this one-but I found the Transformers ride to be hilariously awful. (Like-I was actually laughing at it.) Nothing but screens as far as the eye can see, and an unrelenting barrage of noise being thrown at you at all times, much like the source material. And it's all packed into one of the lowest-effort queues I've ever been through-switchbacks and concrete. The screens weren't even integrated well into the sets for my liking, and never once was my brain like "Yes, I'm in a real place right now. I hope Hugo Weaving saves the day."

I even read reviews of the ride online, and was shocked that people loved it, and were only too happy to wait in long opening-day lines multiple times.

For me, Transformers is the Spider-Man ride, done worse, and painted a slightly different shade of blue.

Again, I realize this is an unpopular opinion. I'm not bashing you, or anyone that enjoys this attraction. It's just not for me, or anyone I rode with for that matter.
No, each to their own. It helps I liked the movies (well, the first three anyway) and that it’s a technical tour de force.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom