News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

Beat me too it, just implying that it was "news" to them because they most likely read your post.
I did mention in the TPR thread that the system was rumored for GotG so they could've gotten it from there.
It’ll be embarrassing if it’s not the exact ride system.
Embarrassing in the way that the site would be wrong (again) or the ride will be lacking? On the second part, I'm not sure of a gimmick more basic then spinning.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I did mention in the TPR thread that the system was rumored for GotG so they could've gotten it from there.

Yeah, sorry about that. I jumped the gun on my comment. I just found it amusing that they made it news today while its been discussed by you and folks in this thread for days now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Embarrassing in the way that the site would be wrong (again) or the ride will be lacking? On the second part, I'm not sure of a gimmick more basic then spinning.
I don’t see this as a normal “spinner” coaster. The ride system in isolation should be quite interesting.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If this works I think spinning will be akin to comparing Gringotts to Primeval Whirl.

So likely the spinning will act more as an element to ensure that you are facing in the direction that they want you to face for each segment of the ride? Maybe facing to the side for a show scene/projection or backwards for a downhill portion? Not completely dissimilar to how an omnimover points you in the direction that they want you to look, only this will be on a (mostly) free moving vehicle and the rotation will be controlled completely electronically?

If this is the case, it could yield some interesting results. Like the ability to randomize the rotation (sometimes you see an element on the left side, sometimes on the right side), maybe have a segment where two adjacent cars are facing each other, or change the rotations for different "versions" of the ride (like a Halloween version)...

Could even be a good place to use Disney's new patent that senses how scared you are. Maybe if it senses you are scared, your ride car stays facing forward the whole time, but if it senses you are not scared, the vehicle rotation becomes much more erratic (controlled, just going down more hills backwards/sideways)...

No insider info coming from me though, of course, just spit-balling ideas based on what has already been said...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
So in my simple mind (and totally guessing mind) I can see a few (1 or 2) scenes in the existing UoE building where the omni aspect would stop (allow the prior coaster cars to proceed), then a launch in the Gravity building for the Coaster aspect, then slow down for one more scene upon return to the UoE building. Of course a pre show and post show in the UoE building as well. Am I anywhere close?

EricsBiscuit

Audible construction by exit doors of UoE. These are from today.
IMG_5452.JPG
IMG_5453.JPG

October82

To be fair, we don't know that the ride won't still be about energy. I just think it's presumptuous to judge it before we know anything about it.

i highly doubt a 2 minute roller coaster featuring the guardians of the galaxy will inform me at all about anything, much less energy.

I wouldn't get too excited by a mention of energy used to justify such a roller coaster. For all of its faults, Universe of Energy treated it's concept with the attitude that it requires. A pre-show mention just isn't comparable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom