How long before we start seeing tattoos on Disney CM's?

Walt Disney1955

I was encouraged by the Army to get a "trunk tattoo" so they could better identify bodies if we were blown up. But you're right, that was terribly short sighted when we should have been thinking about how attractive or unattractive to men it would make us :hilarious::hilarious:

I'm not really offended... I just found your post humorous. <--- see what i did there? :hilarious::hilarious:

Meh, to each their own. A tattoo is not a feminine look. Just like piercings on a man are not a masculine look. The opposite can be true. There are women who have piercings that look ridiculous and men that don't look good with tattoos either. In my opinion, it isn't a terribly sound decision, and I am guessing Disney not only believes in the image they are to uphold but also whether someone who chose to get a tattoo has the best decision making skills. I am just taking a guess it boils down to this with them, as with many employers. Would you think a person with a tear drop tattoo is the sharpest whip in the world?

s8film40

I am guessing Disney not only believes in the image they are to uphold but also whether someone who chose to get a tattoo has the best decision making skills. I am just taking a guess it boils down to this with them, as with many employers. Would you think a person with a tear drop tattoo is the sharpest whip in the world?
I think they get pretty happy when a potential employee manages to pass the background check. I don’t think they really have the luxury of judging someone’s decision making ability based on their tattoos.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't have any Hidden Mickey's tucked away on my body. I do have a Hidden Black Hole somewhere.

(To commemorate Disney's greatest movie ever. Shame on all you dirty-minded ones for thinking something else, tsk!)

open-uri20150422-12561-y7xg6j_d3cece5b.jpeg
You got me.

graphite1326

Meh, to each their own. A tattoo is not a feminine look. Just like piercings on a man are not a masculine look. The opposite can be true. There are women who have piercings that look ridiculous and men that don't look good with tattoos either. In my opinion, it isn't a terribly sound decision, and I am guessing Disney not only believes in the image they are to uphold but also whether someone who chose to get a tattoo has the best decision making skills. I am just taking a guess it boils down to this with them, as with many employers. Would you think a person with a tear drop tattoo is the sharpest whip in the world?
exactly

JimW

Premium Member
Key words: "In my opinion". Anything beyond that is conjecture, not fact. Why do you feel the need to jump to the example of "a person with a tear drop tattoo"?

Walt Disney1955

Key words: "In my opinion". Anything beyond that is conjecture, not fact. Why do you feel the need to jump to the example of "a person with a tear drop tattoo"?

Because specifically a tear drop tattoo is associated with prison, and a person that voluntarily puts that on their face didn't make a sound decision. We aren't talking about a birthmark here, we are talking about a conscience decision to do this for whatever reason. No, I'd think twice about hiring someone like that, and evidently so does Disney.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Because specifically a tear drop tattoo is associated with prison, and a person that voluntarily puts that on their face didn't make a sound decision. We aren't talking about a birthmark here, we are talking about a conscience decision to do this for whatever reason. No, I'd think twice about hiring someone like that, and evidently so does Disney.

Not only that but here in the UK it means the prisoner killed somebody and is doing time for murder. I would think twice about hiring somebody more for that reason than the fact they've tattoo'd their face to be honest.

(As a disclaimer if we have any reformed murderers on here, I'm all for forgiveness but would maybe question you further before employing you. Call me old fashioned if you want, but it seems fair to me. Just don't kill me for my opinions .................................. please)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
To be fair, I think it still says "Judge" but at the same time all I have to ask is..............why?
I think the tattoo artist did that on purpose... that font probably doesn't have that long of a swash on the upper case J, so the person who inked that was (in my opinion) sending a message.

That message being "don't make life difficult for your tattoo artist."

Jedi Stitch

I have a Jedi Stitch Tattoo. Something tells me if I was to ever work for Disney Corp, I doubt I would have a costume that would let that tattoo be visible. I bet I would have elbow long sleeves if not long sleeve to make sure it was covered, so I would say no on the Tattoos.

s8film40

I have a Jedi Stitch Tattoo. Something tells me if I was to ever work for Disney Corp, I doubt I would have a costume that would let that tattoo be visible. I bet I would have elbow long sleeves if not long sleeve to make sure it was covered, so I would say no on the Tattoos.
Yeah tattoos are allowed they just have to be covered. Of course not many people want to wear long sleeves in the heat and humidity of a FL summer. I knew of one lady who had one on her upper neck, she had to wear a turtleneck. Don’t think she stayed for too long.

EOD K9

View attachment 271042I got this tattoo in memory of all my Brothers in Blue that have been lost over my career. Did this make me any less qualified to wear the Badge? Immature?? Get over yourself.
Like I said Tater, my first partner's paw print and name are on my left calf. There are the letters K and 9 on each side and a blue line through them. I don't think it changes how we do our jobs.

MickeyMomV

Personally I don't think they will ever change the policy due to the stupidity of some people. First of all I love tattoos and have several myself. I find them as a way of self expression no different than the clothes you wear. That said if you see me in a business setting you would never know I have tattoos because I realize that in some environments they can be distracting.
Now back to the stupidity of some people. Here is the problem, if Disney did allow tattoos there will be that one person, male or female, who will have a naked person or blood and gore on their arm or leg and feel they should be allowed to display it. Now you can say that Disney can make a provision that says "tasteful" tattoos. Well who would then be the judge of what is and what is not tasteful? One would say the manager or supervisor would make that decision. Well then you run into the issue of what is distasteful for one person may not be distasteful to another. Then you have an employee who feels they are being discriminated against because their supervisor makes them cover up their tattoo while their best friend who got the matching tattoo while they were on spring break is allow to have theirs out in the open because they have a different sup/manager. It is just easier for Disney just to say no visible tattoos.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom