How long before we start seeing tattoos on Disney CM's?

21stamps

Yeah I know. But they look worse in tattoos. Sorry ladies, you have way better skin than us and nothing looks worse on you than looking masculine by marking up your body purposely. There is going to be a generation of grandmas looking ridiculous if you ask me. Just my opinion.

Oh boy, is this going to set off a firestorm, haha

I would comment.. but I have to go change out of the men’s sweatpants that I wore to practice this morning...
So, I’ll let it slide.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yeah I know. But they look worse in tattoos. Sorry ladies, you have way better skin than us and nothing looks worse on you than looking masculine by marking up your body purposely. There is going to be a generation of grandmas looking ridiculous if you ask me. Just my opinion.

I was encouraged by the Army to get a "trunk tattoo" so they could better identify bodies if we were blown up. But you're right, that was terribly short sighted when we should have been thinking about how attractive or unattractive to men it would make us :hilarious::hilarious:

I'm not really offended... I just found your post humorous. <--- see what i did there? :hilarious::hilarious:

Sans Souci

You should disabuse yourself of the notion that "grandmas" care what others think.

faesolo

on a side note, do you think they would choose to have a potentially good employee with highly visible tattoos in the full character costumes instead of not hiring them? With huge parks, I really don't know how they decide where to put people....
Yup! They’ll put you in a position with a uniform that’ll cover all of your tattoos. I had a friend who worked in the park with arm and left tattoos and she just had to make sure they were covered, but they were visible in her interview!

21stamps

I was encouraged by the Army to get a "trunk tattoo" so they could better identify bodies if we were blown up. But you're right, that was terribly short sighted when we should have been thinking about how attractive or unattractive to men it would make us :hilarious::hilarious:

I'm not really offended... I just found your post humorous. <--- see what i did there? :hilarious::hilarious:
Short sightedness can happen to the best of us. Glad to see you figured out what’s really important.

Goofyernmost

I don't have any tattoo's. I almost got one once, but, never could find anything that I absolutely felt sure I would still think is great 20 years from then. So if I couldn't easily alter it to adjust to my constantly changing idea of what cool was, I didn't get one. I still think it is a mistake, not for what one looks like, but, because it is there forever. I knew a number of WWII, Korean and Vietnam Veterans that got them when they were 20 something years old almost all of them have melted into a mass of stretching, sagging and loose skin. The message they currently send is "it looks like I have been a victim of elderly abuse". It's a big blob that looks like a bruise.o_O The very type of scar that younger people would get a tattoo to cover up.

I have so many age spots on my body right now that I could get a tattoo of a connect the dots picture or recreate a star pattern from the solar system. Unless an individual is determined to live hard, die young and leave a "pretty" corpse I do not recommend them. At the same time, I don't really have a problem if your entire body is covered from top to bottom. :)

@Mr Ferret 88., This wasn't directed at you because I didn't see your post asking why it would be thought of as immature until after I had posted this one. Immature in this case might just mean that one isn't thinking past today. No consideration is taken for down the road and how one might personally feel 10, 20, 30 or more years from now. I don't know if the ability to think past the present really is mature or not, I just think that might have been what was meant by that word that someone used.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I don't have any tattoo's. I almost got one once, but, never could find anything that I absolutely felt sure I would still think is great 20 years from then. So if I couldn't easily alter it to adjust to my constantly changing idea of what cool was, I didn't get one. I still think it is a mistake, not for what one looks like, but, because it is there forever. I knew a number of WWII, Korean and Vietnam Veterans that got them when they were 20 something years old almost all of them have melted into a mass of stretching, sagging and loose skin. The message they currently send is "it looks like I have been a victim of elderly abuse". It's a big blob that looks like a bruise.o_O The very type of scar that younger people would get a tattoo to cover up.

I have so many age spots on my body right now that I could get a tattoo of a connect the dots picture or recreate a star pattern from the solar system. Unless an individual is determined to live hard, die young and leave a "pretty" corpse I do not recommend them. At the same time, I don't really have a problem if your entire body is covered from top to bottom. :)

@Mr Ferret 88., This wasn't directed at you because I didn't see your post asking why it would be thought of as immature until after I had posted this one. Immature in this case might just mean that one isn't thinking past today. No consideration is taken for down the road and how one might personally feel 10, 20, 30 or more years from now. I don't know if the ability to think past the present really is mature or not, I just think that might have been what was meant by that word that someone used.
Wasn't taking any offence from your posts sir. Just think immature is a bad choice of wording.

Goofyernmost

Wasn't taking any offence from your posts sir. Just think immature is a bad choice of wording.
Didn't think you did, but, I was in fact agreeing that immature is way to broad a definition to simply call this immature. I don't even know what word as far as my personal viewpoint might be.. maybe overly concerned about the future. My being a resident of the colonies I'm sure you can understand my current anxious state of mind along the "future" lines.

mergatroid

Original Poster
There's some really great artwork on some tattoos, no doubt. But just for laughs, there's some not so good ones out there too ......................

u4TyMd9.jpg

woman-portrait-nailed-it-worst-tattoos.jpg

1993024_sip-1140.jpg

Funny%2BChild%2BFace%2BBad%2BTattoo%2Bfor%2BWomen.JPG

bad_tatts_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

:D:D:D

s8film40

Typically adjustments are made to the Disney look each time it gets more difficult to hire people at the current rates. I’ve seen an increasing number of Disney employment ads very recently so it seems they’re getting a little more desperate. I think tattoos could be coming very soon. I imagine it will be very restrictive at first. Just allowing legs and arms with tattoos that are generic and tasteful will open up some large pools of potential new employees.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Typically adjustments are made to the Disney look each time it gets more difficult to hire people at the current rates. I’ve seen an increasing number of Disney employment ads very recently so it seems they’re getting a little more desperate. I think tattoos could be coming very soon. I imagine it will be very restrictive at first. Just allowing legs and arms with tattoos that are generic and tasteful will open up some large pools of potential new employees.

Same with the military... At the height of the Iraq war we were letting in visible neck tattoos and "minor" felony convictions. When the wars wound down, those let in under lax conditions were not allowed to reup

The Empress Lilly

instead of a disney tattoo, I was thinking of more the three dots that look like a Mickey head, somewhere hidden on your body, maybe it's not realistic to get at a park, like under your foot, under arm, bra , behind ear, back of neck....somewhere "hidden" and quick to get...
I don't have any Hidden Mickey's tucked away on my body. I do have a Hidden Black Hole somewhere.

(To commemorate Disney's greatest movie ever. Shame on all you dirty-minded ones for thinking something else, tsk!)

open-uri20150422-12561-y7xg6j_d3cece5b.jpeg

Driver

I think Disney will remain fairly conservative in the look they allow for their cast members. I think by keeping the standards they have now, cast members are set apart from other organizations, and guests do see the difference. Theres nothing wrong with a company setting employee standards and someone being hired knows ahead of time what the requirements are. I dont have negative feelings about tattoos, but I do think some people go to extremes and certain ones do not fit in well with the roles cast members play on the job. My DS has a couple upper arm tattoos that he has had changed/altered, but they are also hidden by his shirts for work standards.

I found these Disney standards:

Body Alteration or Modification
Intentional body alteration or modification for the purpose of achieving a visible, physical effect that disfigures, deforms or similarly detracts from a professional image is prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to, visible tattoos, brands, body piercing (other than traditional ear piercing for women), tongue piercing or splitting, tooth filing, earlobe expansion, and acquiring visible, disfiguring skin implants.Methods to conceal an unacceptable piercing or tattoo, such as using a bandage, are not permitted. For tattoo coverage, opaque makeup will be permitted if it completely conceals the tattoo. Spacers or retainers are not permitted in any visible body piercing while working. Jewelry worn in non-visible piercings that may pose a safety risk because of costume design and/or job responsibilities will not be permitted

Facial Hair
For all male Cast Members, mustaches are permitted, but must be neatly trimmed and not present a bushy or unkempt appearance. Mustaches must not extend onto or over the upper lip and must extend to the corners of the mouth, but not beyond or below the corners.
Aside from mustaches, Cast Members are expected to be clean-shaven every day. Beards, goatees and any extreme mustache styles are prohibited.
Mustaches must be fully grown on the Cast Member’s hire date or must be fully grown during vacation or other non-working periods. No exceptions.

Hair Coloring
The Disney Look does not permit extremes in dyeing, bleaching or coloring. If the hair color is changed, it must be natural looking, well maintained and appropriate to your skin tone. Subtle highlighting or frosting is permitted as long as it creates a uniform look over the whole head and meets all of the previously listed guidelines

Hairstyling
Following are the Disney Look guidelines for hairstyles:
Hair must be neatly cut and tapered on the back and sides, forming a smooth,symmetrical appearance so that it does not extend beyond or cover any part of the earsor the shirt collar. The overall style must be neat, natural, and balanced proportionally.
A shaved head is permitted, as well as a very short military-style cut. Shaving of theeyebrows is not permitted.
Conservative braided hairstyles for men without beads or ornamentation are permittedprovided that they are styled above the ears and cut above the collar and are neatlybraided close to the scalp in straight rows.
Tucking hair behind the ears, pinning it under or tucking it under a hat to conceal anunacceptable hairstyle will not be permitted. Extreme or bi-level styles are not permitted.
Hair products may be used to create a soft, natural hairstyle within these guidelines.
Appropriate hair confinement should be used in food-service areas where required bylaw.
Artificial hair is permitted if it looks natural and meets all of the above requirements.

Sideburns
Sideburns should be neatly trimmed, straight and even in width, and may be permitted to extend to the bottom of the earlobe. They should blend naturally from the length of hair on the head. Flares or muttonchops are not permitted.
Beards have been acceptable for about a year now. They must be neatly trimmed and no longer than 1/4" in length

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Go look in the mirror and whip that "G" off your forehead.."G" for gullible. It was stupid question so I gave you the answer you wanted and thought it would shut u up. Of course I wouldn't fire them. Read the original comment I left. Doesn't mean I would fire anyone. It just means it would aid in my decision as to which person I would hire.
image (1).jpg

Driver

I would have to check my hand book to confirm this but I believe the the words Disney uses to describe beards and tattoos is " intimidating look"..... just my 2 cents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom