News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
All DVC members including dirty resale owners? Or is this another 'perk' of paying through the nose to buy direct from Disney :rolleyes:

I would "think" it would have to be ALL DVC members regardless of how they buy because part of their maintenance fees pay for that parking lot so

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You wish that was the standard increase. Real quietly the values went from around $130 last year to around $160 this year, and moderates like the POR went from around $200 to $280. Heck, CB which is a warzone went from like $170 to $220ish.

it really wasn't that long ago people got coupon codes in the mail for things like $69 a night at value resorts. my how things have changed... their definition of "value" is laughable now. I guess people setting the amount though make a crap ton more than most so to them well...

alex0c

I was actually gonna dig it out and read it...but I didn't have the time tonight

Can a brotha/sista help me out?

The parking lot is a common element and a portion of the dues go towards maintaining it. I'm assuming that's why it will be free for DVC members-- more of a requirement than a 'perk'.

Now if a DVC member goes to another resort for a meal, etc, not sure if they'll have to pay since they're not staying on points.

jbolen2

I can see someone offsite offering cheaper parking like at airports. Park at the location they bus you to your resort, you then use Disney transportation the entire stay.

trainplane3

As someone who doesn't fly, don't feel bad, all it does is guarantee I will never stay on site again, which means I will never be exclusively in the bubble again. Which means I will never spend a full trip at Disney World again.
I suppose. But sadly, most people will just say "You have to stay on property to get the full Disney experience!". Even though I am DVC, I know that is not true. I'd be more understanding if it was $5-$10 a day, it'd be just enough to keep people not staying at that resort away (meals excluded of course) but wouldn't anger as many as a $25 parking fee would.

There's another forum I float around on and one of the owners (yes, owner and not a mod) said "Universal has been doing it and it's just a sign of the times" (I am paraphrasing!). I would bring up a well put together argument about how Disney shouldn't be doing this but they'd probably ban me since you can't disagree with them or Disney. These are the same people that constantly shout that Disney needs more coasters and putting IPs everywhere you look is the greatest idea they've had in decades. I still wonder why I check that site anymore.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I obviously cant speak for everyone else out there. I am 100% certain there will be a fair number of people who wont bat an eye at these parking prices. Personally, Disney is just getting way too expensive for me to visit these days. I currently only travel when I can get a CM discount as is, knowing CMs is definitely a plus. But, this whole topic of parking fees and resort fees is so infuriating. I rent a car because Disney transportation is god awful and hate spending so much time waiting to get places or being late for something because I was stuck on a bus or monorail. Now I have to pay to park my car or deal with terrible 'complimentary' transportation.

My breaking point is getting closer and closer. I've cut back on Disney trips as is and once all these fees get put into place and I'm sure they will be all outrageous I don't think I will stay at Disney anymore. Resort hopping is something I love to do and these fees will make that so much more difficult. Off property hotels look more and more appealing each time Disney makes decisions like these.

Staying at the Swolphin and paying their fees is still cheaper than any Cresent Lake resort and they are all right next to each other! Maybe if Disney didn't charge an arm and a leg for their rooms and what has become mediocre service this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

LSLS

I suppose. But sadly, most people will just say "You have to stay on property to get the full Disney experience!". Even though I am DVC, I know that is not true. I'd be more understanding if it was $5-$10 a day, it'd be just enough to keep people not staying at that resort away (meals excluded of course) but wouldn't anger as many as a $25 parking fee would.

There's another forum I float around on and one of the owners (yes, owner and not a mod) said "Universal has been doing it and it's just a sign of the times" (I am paraphrasing!). I would bring up a well put together argument about how Disney shouldn't be doing this but they'd probably ban me since you can't disagree with them or Disney. These are the same people that constantly shout that Disney needs more coasters and putting IPs everywhere you look is the greatest idea they've had in decades. I still wonder why I check that site anymore.

It puts you in a bubble for sure, and for one and done people, it may be worth it. But business is not about the one and done customers, it's about the repeats, which is why every company under the sun in the service industry has a rewards program. I see this as a big gamble for very short term gains. I could easily be wrong, but boy, it's a big chance.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They are not even pigeonholing the experience at this point. Now they are making rips and tears in the fabric of the magic. Between continual price hikes in park admission, AP price, resort costs, food, etc...it is just insulting at this point that they continue to fleece not only first time visitors but loyal customers/fans of WDW as well.

Kingtut

I'm not saying they're doing anything illegal. Only pushing the limits.

And disney has this nasty tendency to to not like that.
Then why do you think Disney hasn't changed the terms and conditions more to their ( Disney's) liking. Your continued arguing about the guests misuse of an AP while only using it as marketed by Disney is not very convincing ( at least to me). If Disney doesn't want us to use the AP for 365 magical days then they should just sell us an AP good for 12 visits any time during the next 365 magical days. No one should want to go more than once a month and since you don't spend a lot of money on each of those 12 visits - Disney really doesn't want you either but Disney does want your $800 for the AP. So keep forking it over and don't use it and all would be well with the world view you are promoting.

disneygeek90

Then why do you think Disney hasn't changed the terms and conditions more to their ( Disney's) liking. Your continued arguing about the guests misuse of an AP while only using it as marketed by Disney is not very convincing ( at least to me). If Disney doesn't want us to use the AP for 365 magical days then they should just sell us an AP good for 12 visits any time during the next 365 magical days. No one should want to go more than once a month and since you don't spend a lot of money on each of those 12 visits - Disney really doesn't want you either but Disney does want your $800 for the AP. So keep forking it over and don't use it and all would be well with the world view you are promoting.
Speak for yourself. I go 1-2 days a week. ;)

However, my "days" are vastly different than the majority of guests. There are some days I only do one or two attractions, or even none in the span of 2-3 hours.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
If you have a car, spending a week at WDW now taxes you about an extra $100-175. Which depending on your resort is almost an extra night your being charged for. I almost wish that they raised ticket prices to cover this, at least that's out in the open. This is one of those fees that you don't know about until you're hit with it.

But it's more devious than that.
Less cars means more likely your confined to the resort. No visiting the competitors and no going outside the resort to eat and shop.
More use Disney transportation which is already terrible and will become worse as a result, but hey they have Minnie Van$ If you want to go anywhere.

I just wonder when they're going to hit that bridge too far, or if they even care.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Those things you mentioned tend to impact regular guests as well. Shorter park hours, less free viewing areas for fireworks and parades, and so on. Disney is mining the depths for ways to sell and resell their parks. They have mined park parking as far as it will go, creating different classes of parking. And now they will mine resort parking. Once that's a nice income stream they will start mining a different revenue stream. FP+$ anyone?

I think that's minimal though. There have *always* been upcharges.. Those don't bother me that much -
  • After-hours events happen when the parks usually close early, so it's not really shorter hours
  • Sure, less viewing for fireworks, but it's minimal
Honestly those don't bother me because they don't really impact my experience if I choose not to engage in them, and they provide value if I do decide to engage in them.

This parking fee, though, negatively impacts my experience without providing value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom