News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

trainplane3

Since they'll be making a killing off of these fees, this means that they can turn around dump it into the parks right? To better everyones experiences? Right? Anyone?
*crickets*

On topic though, I've never driven at all in WDW and have no plans to but I feel bad for people that might get stuck paying $25 a night.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You knew this was coming though right? I'm not saying I like this change, but I always knew at some point i'd pay for parking at Disney like every other resort hotel.

No doubt...but to tier the prices that way is some kind of bizarre economic social engineering...

Like applying for food stamps or something

LSLS

So if those numbers are correct, in general, you are probably looking at around a 9-10% increase in the cost of your value and moderate, and 5% increase for your deluxe.

epcotWSC

Besides nickel and diming, I can guess that it's also to cut back on people who part at resorts and then take the resort bus, boat, or walk to the park. I did it once to go to Epcot (parking at Boardwalk), although as a DVC member I wouldn't have had to pay anyway. I can imagine that there are people who aren't staying on resort who pull off that type of stuff. Say they're going to dinner and then go to the parks.

LSLS

Since they'll be making a killing off of these fees, this means that they can turn around dump it into the parks right? To better everyones experiences? Right? Anyone?
*crickets*

On topic though, I've never driven at all in WDW and have no plans to but I feel bad for people that might get stuck paying $25 a night.

As someone who doesn't fly, don't feel bad, all it does is guarantee I will never stay on site again, which means I will never be exclusively in the bubble again. Which means I will never spend a full trip at Disney World again.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I would imagine if you're paying resort parking, parking at the parks would be no additional charge. Just common sense....or is it? lol

Great question if I am staying at Pop paying $13-$15 for parking and I take my car to the park where parking is $25 do I have to pay the difference? Is it included? I don't see how Disney would allow anyone to save $10.

imperius

This just means I’ll stay at Universal hotels more often. I would choose a Disney hotel every so often when doing weekend trips if the prices were decent and no parking, but now Cabana Bay and Sapphire will be cheaper and nicer hotels.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Besides nickel and diming, I can guess that it's also to cut back on people who part at resorts and then take the resort bus, boat, or walk to the park. I did it once to go to Epcot (parking at Boardwalk), although as a DVC member I wouldn't have had to pay anyway. I can imagine that there are people who aren't staying on resort who pull off that type of stuff. Say they're going to dinner and then go to the parks.

That really doesn't happen anymore...not much. They cracked down on that years ago, hard reservations at all reservations - including the old goto beaches and cream - and the bands.

There is still a element of the gate check that never wanted to fight that battle...now they won't be able to sit it out.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This just means I’ll stay at Universal hotels more often. I would choose a Disney hotel every so often when doing weekend trips if the prices were decent and no parking, but now Cabana Bay and Sapphire will be cheaper and nicer hotels.

Or just stay off site like at the Disney Springs hotels. They charge for parking and have resort fees, but the rates are a lot less and you get the EMH benefits now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom