News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This, if true, is not cool.

And it would be very easy to exempt those with trips already booked. If those fees were not disclosed at the time of booking, they should not be charged.

They're not gonna do that...and you know it wouldn't matter if they do...nobody will flinch or cancel there, Ally of Tigger

It's straight, longterm cash grab...perhaps a million a week?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Let’s see. Some paying $7000 for a vacation at Disney World...no problem. But $7600....out of the question? :D LOLOL ok. People will drain their bank accounts for Disney, no matter what the cost. They keep raising prices, more people pay it. Always been that way. Always will.

People don’t like paying extra fees on top of room rates. Especially when the service was perceived to be free before. Going from 0 to 50 would would be beyond ridiculous and would really push people the wrong way. People are going to moan about a $15 to $20 charge. They are going to raise He ll over 50. There are limits. Even at WDW.

jbeechuk

People don’t like paying extra fees on top of room rates. Especially when the service was perceived to be free before. Going from 0 to 50 would would be beyond ridiculous and would really push people the wrong way. People are going to moan about a $15 to $20 charge. They are going to raise He ll over 50.
This has been going on for many years. Look at how all hotels all over the US now charge daily resort fees. It just started as hotel owners found a new way to get money. The families are not going to cancel their Disney vacation of a lifetime over a $50 parking fee. It’s just more nickel and diming to death by Disney. If you can’t afford the $50, how can you afford $500+ a night for your hotel? $100+ per each park ticket per person? The average Disney vacationer won’t let an additional cost make them cancel their vacation. Tight-wads don’t go to Disney world any way.

I don’t like this myself, I think it’s outrageous. But I don’t have a car while on Disney property anyway. So this particular charge won’t affect me.

TangledUpInKnots

As someone who booked my vacation for this December last September when the dates became available, I'd be super angry to have an additional fee added. I'm already working hard to save up for this trip and am getting closer to having enough saved. The idea of throwing on a few more hundred dollars to pay for my car to be parked there has me livid. I already booked it, I already budgeted an amount. My "total" is a certain amount and nowhere did you say I was going to have to pay xxx more dollars to bring my car. If it happens, you bet I'll be complaining to anyone at Disney who will hear me. I drink the Disney kool-aid but even I have limits.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People don’t like paying extra fees on top of room rates. Especially when the service was perceived to be free before. Going from 0 to 50 would would be beyond ridiculous and would really push people the wrong way. People are going to moan about a $15 to $20 charge. They are going to raise He ll over 50. There are limits. Even at WDW.

They'll gripe under their breaths for $20...then go to the food and wine booth anyway...

I agree $50 won't fly.

But it's just going to be something else next time...along with 5% or more increases to EVERYTHING as has been pattern.

If I were an optimist, I'd say that the consumers will draw the line and withhold business, and disney will see the error of their ways and reverse...

...the realist says that only a stock market crash/recession will drive iger out and perhaps temporarily quell the storm.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As someone who booked my vacation for this December last September when the dates became available, I'd be super angry to have an additional fee added. I'm already working hard to save up for this trip and am getting closer to having enough saved. The idea of throwing on a few more hundred dollars to pay for my car to be parked there has me livid. I already booked it, I already budgeted an amount. My "total" is a certain amount and nowhere did you say I was going to have to pay xxx more dollars to bring my car. If it happens, you bet I'll be complaining to anyone at Disney who will hear me. I drink the Disney kool-aid but even I have limits.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with you...but it's about a corporate agenda more than "guest policy", It becomes more clear every day.

jbeechuk

But.....I’ll bet you will not cancel your vacation there....

disney4life2008

Honestly they are just out pricing the rift raft. That would be me. I purposefully never stay at a hotel that charges for parking or resort fees. Disney will end up biting the dust. But unfortunately, people will gladly pay.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly they are just out pricing the rift raft. That would be me. I purposefully never stay at a hotel that charges for parking or resort fees. Disney will end up biting the dust. But unfortunately, people will gladly pay.

...might want to change your username then😜

But seriously...I saw you joined the board in 2008...can I ask if you were frequenting wdw then? And if so, did you use the free dining promo?

TangledUpInKnots

But.....I’ll bet you will not cancel your vacation there....
Umm considering I have saved in the form of gift cards, no. What the heck would I do with 3k worth of Disney cards? (Most of my saving has been through swagbucks which is gift card redemption thus the gcs) Plus what would I tell my four year old who is expecting to go for her birthday? She sure doesn't understand. It would however keep me from going in the future possibly.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

...might want to change your username then😜

But seriously...I saw you joined the board in 2008...can I ask if you were frequenting wdw then? And if so, did you use the free dining promo?

Never. Well actually I think I did in 2009. In January that year they were giving away the 75 gift card. Then may that year i got the qs dining plan.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Sorry for being pedantic, but since I was looking it up since I wasn't even sure of the correct spelling, I thought I'd share the result...

riffraff n.
1. People regarded as disreputable or worthless.​
2. Rubbish; trash.​
[Late Middle English riffe raffe, from Middle English rif and raf, everything, one and all, rubbish, rabble, ultimately (if the expression was not coined in Middle English from elements of French origin and then borrowed by Middle French) from Middle French and Anglo-Norman rifraf, rif et raf, altogether, as in emporter rif et raf, to take away everything, probably a reduplicated formation from Middle French rifler, to plunder (from Old French to brush up against, scratch; see RIFLE2) and Middle French rafer, to remove or make off with forcefully (from Old French, of Germanic origin; akin to Middle Dutch rapen, to gather, collect, and Middle High German raffen, to snatch, rip off).]​

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sorry for being pedantic, but since I was looking it up since I wasn't even sure of the correct spelling, I thought I'd share the result...

riffraff n.
1. People regarded as disreputable or worthless.​
2. Rubbish; trash.​
[Late Middle English riffe raffe, from Middle English rif and raf, everything, one and all, rubbish, rabble, ultimately (if the expression was not coined in Middle English from elements of French origin and then borrowed by Middle French) from Middle French and Anglo-Norman rifraf, rif et raf, altogether, as in emporter rif et raf, to take away everything, probably a reduplicated formation from Middle French rifler, to plunder (from Old French to brush up against, scratch; see RIFLE2) and Middle French rafer, to remove or make off with forcefully (from Old French, of Germanic origin; akin to Middle Dutch rapen, to gather, collect, and Middle High German raffen, to snatch, rip off).]​
Only Riff Raff would make that mistake ;)

TeriofTerror

Only Riff Raff would make that mistake ;)
He'd know the difference:
hqdefault.jpg

mikejs78

Premium Member
I respectfully disagree. Look at most of the hotels at Disney. The mid and value hotels are dumps. Sure, the grounds might look ok but the rooms are dumps. If you have ever stayed at real hotels in big cities like NYC, San Diego, Las Vegas, etc, they are much nicer at a cheaper price. Now even the Deluxe hotels, which are very nice, but not $500+ a night worthy. Not even close. They are more like $250 a night in the real world. $500+ a night will get a suite in a 5 Star hotel in most places.

But yet people happily pay these extreme prices Disney sets without batting an eye. You really think someone paying $3-4K for a week at the Polynesian will even care about a $50 a night parking charge? Not all all. It’s chump change to their $7000 vacation bill.

People will pay any cost to go to Disney and have the best vacation possible for their families. With $100+ for a park ticket, which will be $200 within 5 years, the bean counters at Disney are high-fiving themselves with this latest money-maker. It sucks, but this is Disney World, not some cheap carnival.
There's a price ceiling somewhere. And I think you're wrong about this. I'm staying 5 nights at the Beach Club coming up - and I'm will raise hell if they try to charge me $50/night for parking. That's absurd.

I have no problem with Disney's upcharges. It's fine if they want to make extra money for people to go on a private tour, go to a dessert party and get prime nighttime spectacular viewing, even get in the park for extra hours with no waits - because those things have intrinsic value to people and are extra experiences. Parking and resort fees, on the other hand, feel like money grabs that you get no real benefit from.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Let’s see. Some paying $7000 for a vacation at Disney World...no problem. But $7600....out of the question? :D LOLOL ok. People will drain their bank accounts for Disney, no matter what the cost. They keep raising prices, more people pay it. Always been that way. Always will.
People will drain their bank accounts when they feel like they're getting something more for the $. Poly rates don't matter because of the location and the ambiance. Upcharges don't matter because people feel they're getting something. I think parking is different. For the money you're paying for the resort, it doesn't feel like you're getting anything, it feels cheap.

Lets Respect

I know several people here in the O-Town area that are AP hoders and vlog the parks resorts on youtube weekly. Some make enough revenue through youtube ads and viewer donations that they are almost able to quit their day jobs and go into full time reporting of park and resort happenings. To them this is so much more than a vacation but a career and means of support. To say now that even though the have APs purchased as so many of us do, but now have to pay to park each time they want to vlog a resort is obsurd. The high cost of AP ownership should cover parking at resorts. That is why it is a higher charge to begin with. This entire thing is sick.

The high cost of AP ownership? I'm sorry, I don't understand this. How is it higher than the regular visitor tickets?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom