News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Disvillain63

Who is to say that some time in the near future they won't add a fee for Magical Express? Afterall, it has been mentioned several times that people are paying for that service that never use it too. Guests who drive to WDW don't need Magical Express. Maybe they're waiting until they have guests 'hooked' on Magical Express and then start a new fee.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People will drain their bank accounts when they feel like they're getting something more for the $. Poly rates don't matter because of the location and the ambiance. Upcharges don't matter because people feel they're getting something. I think parking is different. For the money you're paying for the resort, it doesn't feel like you're getting anything, it feels cheap.

Well...I've long said that the entire management strategy is a house of cards that's really only a month by month thing to get iger to his retirement...paddling the canoe faster towards the waterfall...

...unfortunately stuff like this doesn't make me back off that stance...we'll see.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who is to say that some time in the near future they won't add a fee for Magical Express? Afterall, it has been mentioned several times that people are paying for that service that never use it too. Guests who drive to WDW don't need Magical Express. Maybe they're waiting until they have guests 'hooked' on Magical Express and then start a new fee.

"Possible" isn't a strong enough word..."likely" is more appropriate.

All those dominoes will fall eventually.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well...I've long said that the entire management strategy is a house of cards that's really only a month by month thing to get iger to his retirement...paddling the canoe faster towards the waterfall...

...unfortunately stuff like this doesn't make me back off that stance...we'll see.
Which makes me wonder why he went after Fox, if he's trying to get to retirement so fast...

erasure fan1

However, Dinsney used to pride itself in being uncommon on the hospitality business.
They used to pride themselves on lots of things they no longer care about.
They are going to raise He ll over 50. There are limits. Even at WDW.
I thought this at one time as well. But no matter what they do, attendance never suffers and demand goes up. I truly believe that the more Disney charges, the more desirable it becomes to the masses. Therefore the more they charge the more they will come because its a badge of honor to talk about how expensive your trip was.

I just wait for the day that the bathrooms have pay to use mechanisms on them and the restaurants all have cover charges just to get in. I am pretty sure that if you grabbed Mr Iger by the hair and pulled really hard. It would be revealed Scooby-Doo style that he is actually Mr krabs from spongebob.

John park hopper

So, Disney is going to charge for parking at their resorts; are they going to charge less for the rooms-- NOT!! Disneys blatant money grab is getting ridiculous. Will it ever end? I posted as a joke (a while back) pay toilets in the parks every one needs them many times a day. Hey Disney--- it's a cash cow waiting to be tapped into just like your parking fees. Disiney seems to want to charge for everything how about an air charge you breath you pay.
Last year I called Universal and asked why they charged for parking and I was told unlike Disney who incorporates the parking fee in the room charge Universal is up front with the parking fee. If what I was told is true it appears Disney will be double charging for parking.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Just an update, I’m hearing that parking fees to be implemented this next quarter. No timeline on resort fees, but *soon*. Expect it to be similar to Disneyland Hotel policies. (3-5 hrs free with validation depending on the restaurant)

are you hearing parking fees AND resort fees... or just parking fee? I've heard both options just curious what you're hearing

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I have no problem with Disney's upcharges. It's fine if they want to make extra money for people to go on a private tour, go to a dessert party and get prime nighttime spectacular viewing, even get in the park for extra hours with no waits - because those things have intrinsic value to people and are extra experiences. Parking and resort fees, on the other hand, feel like money grabs that you get no real benefit from.

Those things you mentioned tend to impact regular guests as well. Shorter park hours, less free viewing areas for fireworks and parades, and so on. Disney is mining the depths for ways to sell and resell their parks. They have mined park parking as far as it will go, creating different classes of parking. And now they will mine resort parking. Once that's a nice income stream they will start mining a different revenue stream. FP+$ anyone?
When we were in NYC the daily parking charge was 25.00, going to Key West this fall and the hotel charges 20.00 per day for parking.....

Cool?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
wonder if they'll start charging for wifi use as well like some expensive hotels do? - would be hard to do this though and want everyone to use their app as well but this is the new Disney after all

larandtra

All this does for me is makes the Springs hotels and other offsite locations more of an option. If you are going to charge me a resort fee for a hotel that is not as good, not as clean, not as well run, as some of the off site hotels, then the only perk you are "allowing" is emh. And I can get emh at Springs hotels now. I have an AP and yeah yeah I get it. Off site hotels have "fees" But off site hotels are run just as well. I dont need your busses, I dont need your on site perks. All they are going to do is push people to off site. No worries for me. I enjoy going to the parks, but, I wont be forced to do it Their way. Ill do it on my terms.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which makes me wonder why he went after Fox, if he's trying to get to retirement so fast...

Probably "look at all the stuff we own...disneyTV is gonna be YUGE!"

...hoping for a stock bump before exit without doing the dirty work.

They're also gonna slash and burn fox if they get it...rape the landscape and get rid of all the overhead not strapped down and take the IP...
...that's a tactic too...the street loves that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom