News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

imperius

This is hardly surprising. $50 per car is what I am hearing. And bank on it being $100 within 5 years as Disney gets easy money. On top of the $200 park ticket that we will be at very soon. And don’t forget the rumored extra charge just to get into Star Wars Land. Probably another $50 “Extreme Pass” needed to experience the new Star Wars rides.

This makes my head hurt. 20 years ago, stuff like this would be incomprehensible. Walt would be turning over in his grave. To spend $1000 for a family of 4 just to get into a park for a single day, oh my.
No way they are charging $50 for parking at their resorts. That’s 2x any other place in Orlando.

jbeechuk

No way they are charging $50 for parking at their resorts. That’s 2x any other place in Orlando.
This is Disney we are talking about. Where people empty their bank accounts to give their kids the best vacation. When you pay $500+ a night for your room, another $50 is chump change, in the bean counters mind.

Smooth

IMG_0121.PNG

Amazin the PD's still think WDW has their best experience at the front of their thought process. You are a cow waiting to be milked. This was brought up years ago and the PD mindset was "never in the world" but lookie what happened. They joined the real world where $40 parking and $25 "resort " fees are common.
Welcome to the real "world", they not only do an obscene overcharge for the rooms they now tack on "fees" to boost the bottom line. @WDW1974 posted that this would happen years ago. Ye of little belief should not be surprised.
tumblr_n71f88ocxs1qeg6zlo1_250.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On a given day, a night at the poly costs the same as an AP. There's something drastically wrong with the pricing if you step back a moment. The person paying for the poly is an idiot. The person buying an AP is smart. And the person staying at the poly is about to pay $20-30-? More.

Ok...but the poly rates are whack...that's the customers fault.

If you want to say the AP rates are whack and that's Disney's fault...you have a case.

But spewing darts at people that use an ANNUAL pass more or less is just off the grid. It's a legal ticket with terms and conditions. You have no argument when phrased that way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah. No way self parking starts at $50.

That’s almost NYC hotel self parking prices.

Not a chance on that...$20 or so is pretty much assured...i would think.

The difference might be - however - is that Californians are used to be charged for everything all the time...

Many geographic areas...oh hell, the south, get PEEEED off if you imply they shouldn't be using their car...

asianway

Ok...but the poly rates are whack...that's the customers fault.

If you want to say the AP rates are whack and that's Disney's fault...you have a case.

But spewing darts at people that use an ANNUAL pass more or less is just off the grid. It's a legal ticket with terms and conditions. You have no argument when phrased that way.
I'm not saying they're doing anything illegal. Only pushing the limits.

And disney has this nasty tendency to to not like that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not saying they're doing anything illegal. Only pushing the limits.

And disney has this nasty tendency to to not like that.

But they're not...they're using it within defined limits...
If it's gold, you can't go on Christmas or in June...if it's platinum+, you can go to blizzard 100 days a year. It's all printed up on the website. It's a contract for a defined term.

I'll tell you you're ascertion that they would sell the same at $2000 is dead wrong. They would drop 75-90% and kill all the ancillary revenue - which is entirely the point of a ticket in the first place.

There are "psychological limits" to product pricing. Tickets sell differently than rooms...that's psychological too.

jbeechuk

Yeah. No way self parking starts at $50.

That’s almost NYC hotel self parking prices.

I respectfully disagree. Look at most of the hotels at Disney. The mid and value hotels are dumps. Sure, the grounds might look ok but the rooms are dumps. If you have ever stayed at real hotels in big cities like NYC, San Diego, Las Vegas, etc, they are much nicer at a cheaper price. Now even the Deluxe hotels, which are very nice, but not $500+ a night worthy. Not even close. They are more like $250 a night in the real world. $500+ a night will get a suite in a 5 Star hotel in most places.

But yet people happily pay these extreme prices Disney sets without batting an eye. You really think someone paying $3-4K for a week at the Polynesian will even care about a $50 a night parking charge? Not all all. It’s chump change to their $7000 vacation bill.

People will pay any cost to go to Disney and have the best vacation possible for their families. With $100+ for a park ticket, which will be $200 within 5 years, the bean counters at Disney are high-fiving themselves with this latest money-maker. It sucks, but this is Disney World, not some cheap carnival.

asianway

But they're not...they're using it within defined limits...
If it's gold, you can't go on Christmas or in June...if it's platinum+, you can go to blizzard 100 days a year. It's all printed up on the website. It's a contract for a defined term.

I'll tell you you're ascertion that they would sell the same at $2000 is dead wrong. They would drop 75-90% and kill all the ancillary revenue - which is entirely the point of a ticket in the first place.

There are "psychological limits" to product pricing. Tickets sell differently than rooms...that's psychological too.
I wouldn't think a family of four would drop almost $600 for a few hours at the MK at night either but they're selling like hot cakes. Disney is a drug don't underestimate the addiction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom