News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If it isn't scheduled to open for another 3(ish) years, it seems way too soon for a crane on site. I wonder if this is for the rehab work on WoL?

I dunno... this was a pic of Tron at Shanghai in Feb of 2014 (2 years, 4 months before the ride opened)... I would think if we are ~3 years out of this coaster, we're going to need to see some sort of track work in the next few months...

91ecf6e34936d6107fc97b0054b00ed5.jpg

tmthomas52

It is a bad accounting practice then. As the return of getting it down will result in a roi being greater as today’s cost or lower then future cost.

For that specific aspect of the project return on investment would be lower but I think it’s probably a more complex decision than tha. Not that I would agree with how they do it.

_caleb

Do we know about any work that’s been done with the GoTG actors for this ride? I remember seeing video of Chris Pratt talking about shooting scenes for M:BO well before that ride opened. I’m assuming the coaster will feature a Star-Lord AA...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Some new pictures from Vlodrop showing off a new motorized spinning train. Is this what we should expect for GotG? It's more in line with a standard car design but has a "simple" looking gimmick (simple looking, not simple to make work).
b2040f0265262dced0f3e21e411fb21e.jpg

The layout is a slightly (?) updated family shuttle, so that can be ignored.
Source: https://svhas2004.wixsite.com/vekoma/portraits
Nice find.

trainplane3

Nice find.
Looking at those trains, I think I can see why it might not be a super thrilling coaster (read as inversions/high speed). They sit up so high and have a (relatively) tiny base. The gimmick seems cool enough but to most it might just look like another spinner, which I'm sure Disney will make sure to tell everyone that it is not.

Edit: It also looks like FLY going into Phantasialand but turned right side up. That ride opens next year I believe so if it runs correctly, then I'd hope that means they got the bugs worked out for this system.
And for those of you that don't know what FLY looks like:

It'll be that system.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some new pictures from Vlodrop showing off a new motorized spinning train. Is this what we should expect for GotG? It's more in line with a standard car design but has a "simple" looking gimmick (simple looking, not simple to make work).

Isn't that the new Time Traveler's gimmick?

Mainahman

If they properly maintain it, its going to be killer. if they let it fall into disrepair ( Im looking at you Space Mountain) Then get ready for Fastpass nightmare with lines.

Professortango1

Reminds me of Escape from Gringotts.

lazyboy97o

Isn't that the new Time Traveler's gimmick?

I think “regulated” might be a better way to described Time Traveler than “controlled,” which is how it is being promoted. I don’t think Mack’s system is programmed so that they decide exactly when and how you spin. Instead they don’t let you flail about wildly. Mack and Herschend talk about a magnetic break, but no motive power.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom