News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UpAllNight

I’m a few pages behind but count me in the camp that thinks Disney as a Resort are currently 4 or 5 coasters behind what I believe would be a good level.

MK is loaded with em, but there’s only 3 across the other 3 parks, and one is an awful carnival ride. Tron, Guardians and Slinky are welcome additions in my eyes. We’ve got great rockwork coasters...I’m down for some quick themed thrills and Guardians and Tron will hopefully tick those boxes.

No arguements from me that after that I’d like to see more other options explored...but they do seem to be doing that at the moment.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

It would. I’m hopeful the delay will work out for the best in the end.
Btw Marni, I have no idea why .. but I started to notice a lot of asian twitter disney fans who really claimed that WDW's Haunted Mansion would be changed to Coco overlay and I'm scratching my head on who even to think something as silly for a "driver rumor"

EricsBiscuit

Crane visible from inside park

Attachments

• IMG_5421.JPG
    IMG_5421.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 312

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I’m a few pages behind but count me in the camp that thinks Disney as a Resort are currently 4 or 5 coasters behind what I believe would be a good level.

I'd be happy if (instead of coasters) they pumped up the number of thrilling dark rides that were not 100% dependent on screens (I'm okay with a nice 50/50 split of screens and practical effects). I mean, I think they are moving that directions with attractions like Battle Escape, and Rat and Mickey & Minnie, while I'm not expecting to be super thrilling, sill be good steps up from your typical "Fantasyland Dark Ride", but I'd love to see Disney really break the mold with what a dark ride can be (similar to what Universal did when they introduced Spiderman and then again when they introduced Forbidden Journey).

EricsBiscuit

I'd be happy if (instead of coasters) they pumped up the number of thrilling dark rides that were not 100% dependent on screens (I'm okay with a nice 50/50 split of screens and practical effects). I mean, I think they are moving that directions with attractions like Battle Escape, and Rat and Mickey & Minnie, while I'm not expecting to be super thrilling, sill be good steps up from your typical "Fantasyland Dark Ride", but I'd love to see Disney really break the mold with what a dark ride can be (similar to what Universal did when they introduced Spiderman and then again when they introduced Forbidden Journey).
Fortunately all the dark rides they're building sound good.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I agree. Coasters are great. More rides like test track and dinosaur that really break the mold is great too.

Kman101

Variety in attractions is nice and they seem to be giving that to us at the moment (ignoring my own personal likes or dislikes of what's coming). They just need to keep it going past what's been announced so far (and past what we're hearing rumors of here). It sounds like they might but they seem to be wishy washy again with things so I'm not convinced they've learned their lesson.

I wonder if TDO is panicking at all the added operating costs these attractions and lands will add? (But they really have no choice at this point and they can afford it, IMO). It's one of the reasons why they like to replace instead of add.

EricsBiscuit

Variety in attractions is nice and they seem to be giving that to us at the moment (ignoring my own personal likes or dislikes of what's coming). They just need to keep it going past what's been announced so far (and past what we're hearing rumors of here). It sounds like they might but they seem to be wishy washy again with things so I'm not convinced they've learned their lesson.

I wonder if TDO is panicking at all the added operating costs these attractions and lands will add? (But they really have no choice at this point and they can afford it, IMO). It's one of the reasons why they like to replace instead of add.
They aren't panicking, they're celebrating all the new guests that will come and stay longer.

P_Radden

Last I heard early 2021.
I'd be curious what a crane of that size is doing onsite already. I mean, I saw that they had footers in place for the gravity building, but I didn't think they were ready for vertical construction just yet... is it possibly in a location to do some work on the roof of the UoE building?
If it isn't scheduled to open for another 3(ish) years, it seems way too soon for a crane on site. I wonder if this is for the rehab work on WoL?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom