News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

BrianLo

They'd love to get it done by 2020 for the cross promotion, synergy thing ya know...who knows what could happen

Ya, I certainly understood that date on the basis that they were closing Energy to essentially close Energy early. But I really wasn't expecting work to start until maybe this summer.

Disney is slow, but a project without the typical rock work facade, a pre-built facade/queue building and visible foundation work seems really slow on their part.

I kind of wonder if the dwindling Epcot attendance in light of Pandora along with the looming Galaxy's edge has made them realize they need to plug the leaks sooner than later.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hmmmmmmm... We are still sure this project is not opening until 2021?

3 years is sorta close to consistent...
  • 7DM - 2.7 years
  • EE - 2.9 years
  • Ratatouille - expected 3 years
  • Test Track - 3.2 years
  • TRON - expected 3.3 years
  • Mission Space - 3.5 years
  • UoE:GotG:IU - expected 3.7 years

But yes, it is at the longer end of the spectrum.

Castle Cake Apologist

GotG aerial..

We've had our disagreements before, but I just wanted to take a second to thank you for everything you do here with maintaining the tracker and posting updates that you find. You've quickly become a very valuable member of our community.

You're also very good at bringing sanity and logic into the discussion when it's being led by fanaticism.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

OK, so my lack of roller coaster knowledge is really going to show here...

But what the heck of a "gravity building"? I get that its the building that will likely house all of the track, etc. But where does the name come from?

smile

I get that its the building that will likely house all of the track, etc.

that's exactly what it is -
term came about with the advent of enclosed coasters for a building to house elements of track which, as all coasters do, maintain the gravitational energy needed for complete circuit

Jones14

OK, so my lack of roller coaster knowledge is really going to show here...

But what the heck of a "gravity building"? I get that its the building that will likely house all of the track, etc. But where does the name come from?
Gravity building is a term used mainly for launched coasters, and it refers to the building in which gravity takes over from the force that was used to launch the train (LIM’s, drive tires, etc.) in the first place.

For a Disney example, the building you enter via tunnel on Rock’n’Rollercoaster is the gravity building.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is the launch going to be horizontal Like RNRC, or will it be a some angle like Mummy? Asking because I remember seeing that launch section will go above the road.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Hopefully I'm not on it. :) Penguins can be vicious when they're angry....
And cute when they're curious...
1520646404483.png

BrianLo

Originally it was meant to be end of this year. It is currently a little over two years away.

Thanks, that makes way more sense.

Perhaps I'm creating a bit of a narrative here, but would it be fair to say they have drifted away from the original shot-gun open up projects over 5 years approach, to honing in on 2020 with a second wave for the 40th?

Ratatouille, Poppins, GoTG, China film, Space restaurant +/- something else like Coco seem to be coalescing on 2020
Brazil, Innoventions, Illuminations and presumably this mysterious project competing against AK/DHS for 2022

For now at least until everyone changes again in 6 months...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom