The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Ok, it looks like we need some calm in here....remember, we can all agree to disagree and we all have our moments where we read more into a post than was meant, or we take something the wrong way. It doesn't help matters to get sanctimonious and start insulting one another or ganging up on one person. So...with that in mind....

Oh look! A distraction!!
cute-animal-16815.jpg

21stamps

Yeah, the only thing we have a membership for is the zoo in Arnhem, and like you, we only have to go 3 times to make it worth the money, which we've already done this year, though I want to go again. But things come up and if we for some reason couldn't make it, I wouldn't beat myself up over it. I think, as parents, a lot of times we are too hard on ourselves, or even on other parents for all the things we can't do. Of course we want to give our kids everything we can to ensure their success later in life, and we want to spend time with them doing fun things, and we don't want them to miss out. We forget that, in the grand scheme of things, that one year you didn't make it to the zoo 3 times probably isn't going to have a huge impact on the kid, because chances are, that time was filled with something else. Even if that something else was downtime...that's important too. So it's kind of a "don't sweat the small stuff" concept...you don't have to do EVERYTHING. The kid isn't going to die because they only went to the museum once, you know? So take the really important things...the things that they would really miss, and do that, and if you have time for the other stuff, great. But if you don't, it's ok.

I’m just whining. It’s my fault, I allowed this to happen...which is the most frustrating part of all.
Zoo, Museum, Amusement Park etc... it’s not about the money, or getting our moneys worth. I love going out with my kid at all of these places. We have fun together, we’re silly together, and I feel like he learns so much by having experiences, not just homework. We don’t spend all day at the zoo.. we go to one section for a couple of hours, talk and learn about the animals. Amusement parks are great to see his excitement, even when I’m also sick from too many consecutive rides on the same attraction. ;) We’re always out and about somewhere, regardless if we’re members or not.

I’m just sad that my own decisions allowed that to be taken away from us. So now, instead of hanging out with him, I’ll be sitting on the sidelines watching him play a sport.
When we’re actually at home, I don’t see much time for anything other than homework and then getting his uniform on.

Like I said.. pass the cheese ;). I’ll snap out of it..but filling out my planner yesterday, it brought me to tears.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I just whining. I’m so sad about it. It’s my fault, I allowed this to happen...which is the most frustrating part of all.
Zoo, Museum, Amusement Park etc... it’s not about the money.. I love going out with my kid at all of these places. We have fun together, we’re silly together, and I feel like he learns so much by having experiences, not just homework. We don’t spend all day at the zoo.. we go to one section for a couple of hours, talk and learn about the animals. Amusement parks are great to see his excitement, even when I’m also sick from too many consecutive rides on the same attraction. ;)

I’m just sad that my own decisions allowed that to be taken away from us. So now, instead of hanging out with him, I’ll be sitting on the sidelines watching him play a sport.
When we’re actually at home, I don’t see much time for anything other than homework and then getting his uniform on.

Like I said.. pass the cheese ;). I’ll snap out of it..but filling out my planner yesterday, it brought me to tears.

If T were younger, I'd suggest you guys meeting us at KI in July, but I'm sure there's nothing for him in Planet Snoopy anymore, LOL.

StarWarsGirl

We did say he didn't want to go in, and it was kind of hard to miss the fact he didn't want to go in since he was literally SCREAMING "I DON'T WANT TO GO IN! YOU PROMISED I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO IN! I'M NOT GOING TO GO IN THERE!" She just said that if he didn't want to go in, we'd have to exit and I could wait for DH and DD outside and then get back in line myself when they came out and could stay with him.
But...what is the A word?
Autism. ;)
Seriously, you use it, you get what you need.

21stamps

If T were younger, I'd suggest you guys meeting us at KI in July, but I'm sure there's nothing for him in Planet Snoopy anymore, LOL.

No, not for the past 2 years...with the exception of Boo Blasters Hill.(a shooting ride)lol. One thing I forgot to tell you..make sure to get a blue ice cream while in Planet Snoopy! It’s my favorite thing about summer. ;). So good.

T has a Star Wars measuring tape in his playroom.. he’s measuring himself every day to see if he hits 54”. The kid includes “please make me tall enough for Diamondback, before opening day.” every night in his bedtime prayers. 😂. I don’t think he’ll make it, but he should before summer’s end.
He hit 52” with shoes on last July.. I think that was the most exciting day of his life so far. ;) He made me take more photos of that 52” bracelet than I can count.. literally jumped up and down when received it. But.. even then he still stared longingly at Diamondback.lol

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
No, not for the past 2 years...with the exception of Boo Blasters Hill.(a shooting ride)lol. One thing I forgot to tell you..make sure to get a blue ice cream while in Planet Snoopy! It’s my favorite thing about summer. ;). So good.

T has a Star Wars measuring tape in his playroom.. he’s measuring himself every day to see if he hits 54”. The kid includes “please make me tall enough for Diamondback, before opening day.” every night in his bedtime prayers. 😂. I don’t think he’ll make it, but he should before summer’s end.
He hit 52” with shoes on last July.. I think that was the most exciting day of his life so far. ;) He made me take more photos of that 52” bracelet than I can count.. literally jumped up and down when received it. But.. even then he still stared longingly at Diamondback.lol

I'm sure once she realizes that rides are fun and you have to be a certain height for them, A will be the same way. Right now she just likes being "taller" than the last time we measured her, even if it was only ten seconds ago

Cesar R M

Hi from Bali everyone.
I haven't had time to catch up up with the tread yet but wanted to give a quick update on my travel.
Thanks again to @Gabe1 and @StarWarsGirl for the excellent advice about the wheelchair assistance when at the airport. It made the journey here so much easier for my mother and I don't think she could have waited the 35 minutes it took for our suitcases to arrive at Denpasar without the wheelchair since there was no seating anywhere in the arrivals hall.
The flights went very smoothly and there was a huge selection of movies and tv shows available on board. I watched Coco again, and it made me cry again, I also watched the new version of the Murder on the Orient Express, The Shape of Water and year Million.
I was exhausted after travelling nearly 24 hours so just had a quick bite to eat before going to bed. We are staying in a guesthouse in Sanur for the first 2 weeks. It is very basic accommodation but clean and comfortable.
My room is on the second floor with a little seating area in front.
View attachment 269993
View from my outside seating area.
View attachment 269990

Sanur is most famous for its 5km walking path along a beautiful beach with lots of restaurants so this morning we went to the beach to have breakfast.
Our view having breakfast.
View attachment 269992

My breakfast was Soto Ajam, which is chicken soup.
View attachment 269989

My mother had granola with fruit and yoghurt.
View attachment 269991

It is wonderfully warm, about 28C, nice and sunny most of the day.
I hope you are all doing well and I will try to catch up over the next few days.
ohhhh, looks so good!

How far are you from the beach?

Also.. 24 hours of travel? YIIIKES!!

Cesar R M

As a woman I understood everything you were trying to convey with last night's posts and wasn't offended by your comments. Too many are just trying to find something to be offended by.
I actually started to worry if my statements were a bit harsh or too strong, but then I sensed she was just focusing exclusively on me.

Thank you for clarifying that my posts weren't taken in the wrong way.

MySmallWorldof4

I’m just whining. It’s my fault, I allowed this to happen...which is the most frustrating part of all.
Zoo, Museum, Amusement Park etc... it’s not about the money, or getting our moneys worth. I love going out with my kid at all of these places. We have fun together, we’re silly together, and I feel like he learns so much by having experiences, not just homework. We don’t spend all day at the zoo.. we go to one section for a couple of hours, talk and learn about the animals. Amusement parks are great to see his excitement, even when I’m also sick from too many consecutive rides on the same attraction. ;) We’re always out and about somewhere, regardless if we’re members or not.

This is sad. You need a vacation doing absolutely nothing. Tell T you would like more mommy/T time and maybe all the activities is too much and maybe one should go, even if it is just temporary. Maybe Boy Scouts if he really loves sports? Just a suggestion. He can always get back into something. He is still little and obviously very talented in many things, so if he misses 6 months or a year of something like Scouts, it won't hurt him.

Cesar R M

cihhcpW.jpg

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

Ok. What are you feeding him? He is almost as tall as my 10 year old dd.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom