Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Cesar R M

Disney has done a good job in energy conservation and reduction of pollution. However, in some cases it is impossible, impractical or unsafe to reduce emissions. That is where the internal carbon tax and carbon offset program come into play. Disney purchases offsets such as forest conservation projects and they apply those offsets against their energy use and their pollution production.
I still remember when everyone complained that they were scaling down the A.C. power in stores and attractions because of power issues.
But after going there in September, where Florida is toasty and super humid and then expecting to go to freezing conditions.. (health issue).. I wondered if it was more like complains than actual energy saving.

Kman101

They definitely play with the AC. Last March I noticed that they had very little AC on a lot of rides and in a lot of stores (I obviously couldn't be in every store and every ride but the lack of AC very much stood out to me), and it wasn't pleasant. But in May, the AC was blaring and it was very much noticeable. So they do mess with it ...

briangaw

The DHS problem is not a carbon footprint issue or similar. Nor was it planned.

For Epcot, imagine the new show using drones to supplement the middle part of the show that’s been without pyro since 1999. As an example.

DAK for obvious reasons is unsuitable for a nightly pyrotechnics show.

@marni1971 Can you say anything more about what the DHS problem is?

FullSailDan

They definitely play with the AC. Last March I noticed that they had very little AC on a lot of rides and in a lot of stores (I obviously couldn't be in every store and every ride but the lack of AC very much stood out to me), and it wasn't pleasant. But in May, the AC was blaring and it was very much noticeable. So they do mess with it ...

Depends on humidity and it's actually not totally for guest comfort. When it's really humid out they blast the cold to fend off mold. Many commercial buildings suffer from it, and it's why I can't feel my fingers when I work in the office during the summer.

Kman101

Depends on humidity and it's actually not totally for guest comfort. When it's really humid out they blast the cold to fend off mold. Many commercial buildings suffer from it, and it's why I can't feel my fingers when I work in the office during the summer.

The mold thing makes sense. Good point.

Cesar R M

Wouldnt decreased temps cause higher condensation?

eliza61nyc

Oh joy...can't wait for "IllumiNations: More Timeless, More Disney!" to debut...

We shouldn't be surprised I guess, but disappointing all the same. The transformation into IPCOT continues.
lol very funny.

You know how you call Disney and they always ask you to take a survey? I wish when you went to the parks you were asked to take a survey.

Kman101

IP invasion. Of course. So the fact that the show, without IP, has worked and been popular for so long just doesn't matter? Using IP seems to be the only way to get any money to get anything done.

Guess we should gear up for the same whenever they circle back around to Rivers of Light's replacement.

Kman101

lol very funny.

You know how you call Disney and they always ask you to take a survey? I wish when you went to the parks you were asked to take a survey.

Funnily enough a few years back after a visit I used to get a survey pop up about a week later (I'd get them even if I had some FP plans and never actually entered the parks). I don't get anything like that from them anymore, but other people seem to get surveys at times.

You can always seek out a castmember with a clipboard/tablet in a white shirt (pretty sure it's white but now I'm wondering if i'm confusing it with what the janitorial staff wear) doing surveys in the park :)

We can all voice our displeasure to guest services. Sure it may not ultimately matter but at least if it bothers someone enough you can at least say you tried ....

Not saying you, but complaining on a message board can only go so far and do so much. Even if they do read us.

rle4lunch

what if mary poppins was the IP for the new show? lol. I'm kidding of course, because everyone seems to b fine with that IP being utilized in epcot for some reason. :confused:

Kman101

@rle4lunch

People are OK with it for a variety of reasons (and I know you are fine with IP, I believe so this isn't necessarily geared towards you). A ride to me is a bit different than a night show. RoE has long been incredibly popular and gee, it lacks IP. But they don't seem to understand this, IP can work in a lot of places but I don't think it needs to be EVERYWHERE, but apparently executives and other guests disagree with us. Mary Poppins also isn't replacing anything in the pavilion and it's a revered classic. It's interesting that Poppins seems to be more or less accepted but Ratatouille is a problem ... (though maybe Rat is more to do with the ride itself not matching expectations set).

Frozen and Guardians just don't belong. Personally I can justify others more. Some can't or won't. It is what it is, we all think differently lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom