News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

dweezil78

TROR

It took Pandora 283 days until they started serving pretzels. Will Galaxy's Edge be able to last at least a year?

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 9.41.16 PM.png

Little Green Men

It took Pandora 283 days until they started serving pretzels. Will Galaxy's Edge be able to last at least a year?

View attachment 268766
The pretzels replaced a coffee cake that was added a few months ago. The specialty items from opening day are still there; lumpias and unique specialty drinks. The lumpias and Night blossom frozen drink are both outstanding BTW.

Last edited:

TP2000

View attachment 268766

I think Star Wars will last at least a year, but not longer than 18 months before pretzels and churros and Coke moves in. It took a shorter amount of time for them to cop out in Pandoraland because no one cares about that movie, no one can name a character from it, Target sells no Pandora toys, etc., etc.

Here's the latest from our favorite lady blogger who took this on Monday from a few different angles.

dweezil78

I think Star Wars will last at least a year, but not longer than 18 months before pretzels and churros and Coke moves in. It took a shorter amount of time for them to cop out in Pandoraland because no one cares about that movie, no one can name a character from it, Target sells no Pandora toys, etc., etc.

I guess... I don't know how any of that is applicable to food being unique or not though. Personally, I think WDW is forced to cater to a much wider audience who maybe (as an aggregate) isn't quite as adventurous with their taste buds as audiences in California.

And as much as I'd love for every single component to be unique and immersive in SWL, I think that is maybe too grandiose of a goal. It's hard to pull that off with food, even out here. That said, nothing in Pandora was really that outrageous. It was all basically normal food dressed up to seem a bit more alien. Surprised they couldn't figure out a more interesting way of presenting a pretzel to be honest!

disnyfan89

Just posted this in the Universal forum, but since I know a lot people here don't ever check there and are interested in ride tech, Theme Park University is speculating this may be the ride system for Mario Kart which would make sense.

http://themeparkuniversity.com/universal/new-coaster-universals-mario-kart-ride-system/

Perhaps you should read the full article:

Sadly – this isn’t Universal’s Mario Kart Ride System. Whomp whomp indeed. Don’t get me wrong, the new Mario Kart attraction will be cool. The ride system just won’t be *this* particular version used at Suzuka Circuit in Japan.
Read more at http://themeparkuniversity.com/univ...s-mario-kart-ride-system/#gr89H2Lo4sF8dkdZ.99

dweezil78

It's also a very clickbaity thing to do which is rather uncharacteristic of TPU so I could understand how one could miss it. ;)

They're a little clickbaity at times, sure, but on a whole I do find them to put out some solid well-informed articles -- especially when they get into the older/extinct stuff.

SuddenStorm

Wth this movie studio with a female executive that has centered their new films around being as diverse as possible and even placing females as the lead in their last three films is sjw garbage the definition of sexism.

From what I've seen, today's Lucasfilm cares more about social issues and gender equality than it does telling good stories. I groaned when I saw the photo of Kathleen Kennedy in a "Force is Female" shirt. But, sjw's will never be happy, and I hope that Favreau does a great job with the Star Wars IP

britain

It will essentially dump into the gift shop, but there always should be a bit of a neutral waiting space, like for those guests who didn’t ride and they’re waiting for their party.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

From what I've seen, today's Lucasfilm cares more about social issues and gender equality than it does telling good stories. I groaned when I saw the photo of Kathleen Kennedy in a "Force is Female" shirt. But, sjw's will never be happy, and I hope that Favreau does a great job with the Star Wars IP
Haven't you heard? Its 2018 now. We must assign arbitrary things to the female gender! The future is now apparently female...so why not the force?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom