Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Magic Feather

Did I say the THRC pitched for is around 2400? Realistically it should be around 1800-2000.
Honestly, I personally think this all depends on the efficiency of ops with the preshow. That is what can make or break capacity (and show) IMO. That said, there is a small part of me that can’t help but worry that they are going to “Haunted Mansion” The pre-show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Honestly, I personally think this all depends on the efficiency of ops with the preshow. That is what can make or break capacity (and show) IMO. That said, there is a small part of me that can’t help but worry that they are going to “Haunted Mansion” The pre-show.
Oh absolutely. You can design all you want but it comes down to real life ops to make it work. That’s also assuming the hardware always behaves perfectly. Especially with LPS.

The jury is still out on the preshow. Hopefully they’ll take the lessons learned at Dinosaur and not HM. Especially if it involves a legally required safety video (spoken in a Sideshow Bob style voice)

matt9112

Wow, I thought the new attraction would result in a loss of capacity. Glad to see it's an increase, even if only marginally.

Still would have been better if they had kept and maybe plussed GMR and added the Mickey attraction elsewhere (perhaps in Animation Courtyard).

yup would have been far better operationally. I honestly think at the end of the day Disney doesn't care how long you wait in line ect.

shortstop

The jury is still out on the preshow. Hopefully they’ll take the lessons learned at Dinosaur and not HM. Especially if it involves a legally required safety video (spoken in a Sideshow Bob style voice)
Can you (or someone else) elaborate on this? What exactly do you mean?

brb1006

Oh absolutely. You can design all you want but it comes down to real life ops to make it work. That’s also assuming the hardware always behaves perfectly. Especially with LPS.

I'm out of the loop on this, I understand HM but can you give us detail on the lesson learned from Dinosaur?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can you (or someone else) elaborate on this? What exactly do you mean?
I'm out of the loop on this, I understand HM but can you give us detail on the lesson learned from Dinosaur?
Dinosaur used to rush guests through, sometimes even leaving preshow entry and exit doors open. The preshow became a room to just pass through. The problem being the video also contained the safety information. Last year I was pleasantly surprised to find you couldn’t exit until after the preshow finished (and also allowing the designed crowd control to operate) but we were held from entering until the show in front had finished.

HM has gotten into a habit of not letting guests experience the ghost hosts introduction or take in the ambiance in the entry hall before being rushed into the stretch room. Often the show will begin before the stretch doors have closed. It’s pure bad show for the sake of a few seconds capacity.

matt9112

IMO they do really care about how long are the waits. If you are waiting you are no shopping around.

you would think remember fastpass was meant to allow us to shop while we wait.....who wants to shop 6 or 7 hours a day? (if you get three fastoasses and have no desire to ride anything else) or you ride other things like a normal human and find all the waits are insane. there's no good fillers anymore. I won't wait more than 25 minutes no joke for any single asttraction at WDW.

Haymarket2008

Dinosaur used to rush guests through, sometimes even leaving preshow entry and exit doors open. The preshow became a room to just pass through. The problem being the video also contained the safety information. Last year I was pleasantly surprised to find you couldn’t exit until after the preshow finished (and also allowing the designed crowd control to operate) but we were held from entering until the show in front had finished.

HM has gotten into a habit of not letting guests experience the ghost hosts introduction or take in the ambiance in the entry hall before being rushed into the stretch room. Often the show will begin before the stretch doors have closed. It’s pure bad show for the sake of a few seconds capacity.

Nothing makes me more angry than walking in halfway through the opening speech and the portrait already changed.

PizzaPlanet

I hate when this happens, they do it with RnRC too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom