Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

brb1006

Picturing an amazing visual experience on the set walls and “ceiling” of this attraction...only to look down and see the image-shimmering floor with the shinny “trackless” paths of the rv’s. Therefore, can anyone confirm, in addition to avoiding the shinny dark-color floor issue...will map projection be applied to the floor to provide more depth? Maybe also, after load departure, slowly elevate the rv’s pneumaticly 2-3 feet as well? Or, elevate quickly, as the rv becomes “a part of the animation”? (a micro-dino rv)

Wrap it with a photo pass shot of the rv surrounded by map projection on walls, ceiling and floor...
reach in them jeans, and pull out those greens!!😉
Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland had the LPS ride path in the 100 Acre Woods section colored blue to give the illusion that guests are riding on a lake. So the track marks actually look like the ride vehicles are moving in water.

poohs_hunny_hunt_vehicle.jpg

poohs-hunny-hunt-e1370327903458.jpg

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland had the LPS ride path in the 100 Acre Woods section colored blue to give the illusion that guests are riding on a lake. So the track marks actually look like the ride vehicles are moving in water.

poohs_hunny_hunt_vehicle.jpg

poohs-hunny-hunt-e1370327903458.jpg
^ Nice attention to detail!

Gotta love that OLC money allowing Imagineering to actually Imagineer.

brb1006

^ Nice attention to detail!
Gotta love that OLC money allowing Imagineering to actually Imagineer.
Since the 100 Acre Woods section is the only area where it is fully light. The illusion really works and once guests enter the Tigger section the ride gets a bit darker but not to dark This makes the LPS track and the track marks not as visible making guests still thinking they are still on a lake until they enter Pooh's Dream sequence where they are in a middle of a disco/dance section. If guests are lucky, they might be able to encounter two Heffalumps and a Woozle following you around.

Tokyo-Disneyland-Spring-2013-0248-M.jpg

One last thing, I really love the transition from Tokyo's Pooh ride where your ride vehicle turns backwards as you are leaving Pooh's dream as the dream gets further away.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

brb1006

1196.gif

imagine how bad olc would make twdc look if they ever stopped making twdc look better
:p
Not to mention the AA's for all Pooh characters look more lively since they all have fur and expressive with more movement.

With Owl being my favorite.
poohs_hunny_hunt_002.jpg

With the existence of Pooh's Hunny Hunt, it's making the WDW and Disneyland versions look more cheaper and sometimes lifeless. Especially the Heffalumps and Woozles section and the awkward transition to the flood section.

winnie-the-pooh-ride.jpg

winnie-the-pooh-ride.jpg

Disneyland-Rides.jpg

Last edited:

smile

Not to mention the AA's for all Pooh characters look more lively since they all have fur and more expressive with more movement.

With Owl being my favorite.
poohs_hunny_hunt_002.jpg

With the existence of Pooh's Hunny Hunt, it's making the WDW and Disneyland versions look more cheaper and sometimes lifeless. Especially the Heffalumps and Woozles section and the awkward transition to the flood section.

winnie-the-pooh-ride.jpg

winnie-the-pooh-ride.jpg

Disneyland-Rides.jpg

on one hand, and in all fairness, the tdl version is actually an E...
on the other hand, PUT TOAD BACK

trainplane3

Slightly related to the Mickey ride. It's been bugging me that no one has reported GMR as being permanently closed on Google Maps while UoE was removed very quickly. So I requested a change to flag it as closed. Google finally published my request and GMR is officially no longer listed as open or appearing on Maps. It will still appear if you search specifically for it but when looking around on Maps, it should no longer come up.
Screenshot_20180228-004219.png

HauntedMansionFLA

Slightly related to the Mickey ride. It's been bugging me that no one has reported GMR as being permanently closed on Google Maps while UoE was removed very quickly. So I requested a change to flag it as closed. Google finally published my request and GMR is officially no longer listed as open or appearing on Maps. It will still appear if you search specifically for it but when looking around on Maps, it should no longer come up.
View attachment 267227
:);):):):) Thank you!!! I guess they didn’t realized it closed

Castle Cake Apologist

View attachment 267227

This stung a little. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom