Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm sorry if i'm interrupting a conversation, but regarding Alcatraz, I'm a bit curious as to what will be inside and how will the sets and decor look. I mean i know that marni ( thank you for the awesome inside info btw) said that it will be similar to Shanghai's PotC in scale and execution but that ride's setting offers some very engaging and " eye candy " visuals. I'm worried about Alcatraz because from what we've seen from the movies star destroyers are very bare and "metally" looking, not to mention that the visuals are very repetetive so i'm worried that the sets won't be visually appealing to someone like me who isn't a big star wars fan. With that said, this ride is hyped to be one of disney's best so i'm propably worrying for nothing

cohaco

I've watched that video before. What he says about the battle escape attraction is very limited in terms of info. I know that it'll be big and ambitious but i'm worried about the style and the visuals that they're going for and that it might bit too steely and metally and bare without a lot of details and pleasing, interesting and varying visuals because as someone who isn't a big star wars fan it may not appeal to me that much if that's the style they're going for. With that said Marni's answer to my previous post did ease my worries a little and thank you anyway

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've watched that video before. What he says about the battle escape attraction is very limited in terms of info. I know that it'll be big and ambitious but i'm worried about the style and the visuals that they're going for and that it might bit too steely and metally and bare without a lot of details and pleasing, interesting and varying visuals because as someone who isn't a big star wars fan it may not appeal to me that much if that's the style they're going for. With that said Marni's answer to my previous post did ease my worries a little and thank you anyway

All our confirmed 'insiders' have only had high praises for the 3 new E-Tickets coming to DHS.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Will there be a thematic switch, like Andy has a Star Wars..well, lego set or something? and it's a lego star wars archyway into it and then a Toydarian entrance vice versa? Or is that too much? ; w;

One would hope there will be a smooth visual transition between the lands something like what you described. Haven't heard what though. Anyone?

HauntedMansionFLA

A619A1D0-7EDB-4192-A2EA-463C5FF95AAA.jpeg
2/22/2018 - progress

tirian

What does the "theater entrance" refer to?
Perhaps Muppet Vision 3D theater?
Possibly the Grand Avenue entrance.

There is no “theatre” entrance to SWL. A few fans speculated a while back Grand Av was being built to look like a theatre IIRC.

Correct. Sorry for my abrupt description. That’s what I get for posting while I’m falling asleep.

Grand Ave. entrance near the Muppet theater.

BlindChow

I made a couple 3D images of the construction from the video MisterPenguin posted...

SWL Construction.jpg

3D Toy Story Land Construction.jpg

These are cross-view stereograms, which means you have to cross your eyes to see them. Your left eye should be looking at the right image, your right eye looking at the left. Be sure you're not too close to the screen, or there might be headaches... o_O

(I know some people have trouble viewing these, so I hope you don't mind me posting them...)

HauntedMansionFLA

I made a couple 3D images of the construction from the video MisterPenguin posted...

View attachment 267315

View attachment 267316

These are cross-view stereograms, which means you have to cross your eyes to see them. Your left eye should be looking at the right image, your right eye looking at the left. Be sure you're not too close to the screen, or there might be headaches... o_O

(I know some people have trouble viewing these, so I hope you don't mind me posting them...)
Don’t mind at all. Nice work!!

Brian Swan

View attachment 267315

View attachment 267316

Totally cool! Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom