News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

if one wants to interject out of nowhere, they can go back a few pages and get their bearings, and only then should they intervene; it's disrespectful to the discussion and those taking part to expect it to stop just to make sure somebody understands something that somebody else explained five pages ago - because this isn't a real discussion as there's a real way to go back and catch up without turning the topic towards ones own ignorance of it

you've also been on this big round ball long enough to not expect everyone to hold hands and sing - especially on the internet...
granted, there's no reason to be only rude, but rude for rude is understandable, which is what this is
Hey, do what you want. I obviously don't see or interpret things the same way as you. I won't do the research for others, but, asking questions is part of research and if I know the answer I will convey it.

smile

Hey, do what you want. I obviously don't see or interpret things the same way as you. I won't do the research for others, but, asking questions is part of research and if I know the answer I will convey it.

fair enough, good sir

I can't be bothered to read this whole thread, so can someone tell me if the Gondolas will have AC?

yes, they will -
and obviously, it'll be a confined, enclosed space in the florida sun, so it'll be cranked... i'd advise layers

GeneralKnowledge

I think it’s time to lock this thread and start a new one titled “Disney Skyliner - Construction Updates”

Drop the bickering, drop the debate about AC, death risks, and loading problems and move on.

I’d do it but i don’t feel like I have the seniority to start a new major thread, I’ve only been posting here for 13 years.

CalebS

I think it’s time to lock this thread and start a new one titled “Disney Skyliner - Construction Updates”

Drop the bickering, drop the debate about AC, death risks, and loading problems and move on.

I’d do it but i don’t feel like I have the seniority to start a new major thread, I’ve only been posting here for 13 years.
so you’re telling me that 1 out of every 10,000 people who ride the gondolas isn’t gonna fall out and die? I thought it was just a new type of thrill ride. Will I fall out? Will the gondola car fall off? Will I die from heat exhaustion because there isn’t any AC?

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
so you’re telling me that 1 out of every 10,000 people who ride the gondolas isn’t gonna fall out and die? I thought it was just a new type of thrill ride. Will I fall out? Will the gondola car fall off? Will I die from heat exhaustion because there isn’t any AC?
Don’t worry. WDI considered all of these questions and was actually able to repurpose a bit of tech from a classic.

That’s right, “Choose Your Own Ending” from Horizons is back, and this time, it really means it.

Fall out over Hollywood Studios parking lot. Plummet from the cable to the ground near the Boardwalk, or just get overheated and pass out forever while gliding past Sea Breeze Drive.

Simply look down at the lighted panels when you enter your Gondola and press one of the three ride choices: Fall, Plummet, or Roast. Everyone can choose, majority rules.

Have fun, and remember: “If we can dream it, we can pass away doing it.”

Goofyernmost

Don’t worry. WDI considered all of these questions and was actually able to repurpose a bit of tech from a classic.

That’s right, “Choose Your Own Ending” from Horizons is back, and this time, it really means it.

Fall out over Hollywood Studios parking lot. Plummet from the cable to the ground near the Boardwalk, or just get overheated and pass out forever while gliding past Sea Breeze Drive.

Simply look down at the lighted panels when you enter your Gondola and press one of the three ride choices: Fall, Plummet, or Roast. Everyone can choose, majority rules.

Have fun, and remember: “If we can dream it, we can pass away doing it.”
Greatest post ever. I have to say one thing for Disney, they sure do know how to bring the scared child out in a lot of people.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting that they called the Skyliner the 'Italian Job'...another confirmation that the Insiders here are pretty dang connected.
I saw that line and didn't understand the "Italian Job" reference. Is that industry jargon for the Skyliner, or some kind of reference to gondolas being Italian in origin?
That's sort of it. The play on the gondolas on the canals of Venice with the gondolas of a lift. "The Italian Job" is the name of a recent-ish movie. Someone at WDW couldn't help themselves.
Back in the beginnings of this thread is a post that described project names and Italian job was one of them.
Some project names are very.... clever. When it’s built I’ll explain the Guardians one unless someone does it first. It’s like a backstory in itself.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

This has been tried because, the bickering just moves to the new thread.

Cesar R M

I finally figured it out. It's the sun reflecting off the Dome over all of WDW. The Dome removes the need for AC on the gondolas, umbrellas, and also allows for lower gravity levels so a gondola can never fall, even if the cable is sagging and the car is not attached to the cable.
Or could be that the artist was in one of these cabins, and suffered from breathing problems related to the hot temps and zero ventilation of the gondolas. Then suffered of hallucinations and heatstroke that made him dream this picture after he was recued by captain hook look alike firefighter.

Jaison

Where Universal has their number soup to refer to projects, Disney has taken up project names. Italian Job, Mischief, MK2, Sausalito, Delos, Alcatraz, Big Bird. That sort of stuff.

So we know

Italian Job = Gondolas
Delos = Star Wars Land
Alcatraz = Battle Escape Ride
Big Bird = Millennium Falcon Ride

So what are these?

Mischief = ?
MK2 = ?
Sausalito = ?

Hmmmmm

Cmdr_Crimson

So we know

Italian Job = Gondolas
Delos = Star Wars Land
Alcatraz = Battle Escape Ride
Big Bird = Millennium Falcon Ride

So what are these?

Mischief = ?
MK2 = ?
Sausalito = ?

Hmmmmm

My Guess..
Mischief = Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway?
MK2 = Tron Coaster?
Sausalito = Ratataoulie/France Expansion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom